“Great fish in downtown Castries”

Caribbean Pirates Limited Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Castries
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Caribbean Pirates is in the Place Carenage duty free centre in Castries. It overlooks the busy harbor and get lots of cool breeze. It is really busy. Probably because the food is great. Chef Robby who owns the place cooks fabulous seafood. All types of local fish,crayfish, shrimp, lobster with great accompaniments. And the rum punch is a real West Indian treat. Caribbean Pirates is a place for bon vivants.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

great spot over looking the castries harbor ,great food widest variety, ambiance out of this world.great seafood and international menu. super staff,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Appalling service (or lack thereof). We sat down for lunch mainly attracted by the location – fabulous views of the harbour from the balcony (as long as there’s only one cruise ship in port and it’s not parked in front of the restaurant…). But after 30 minutes we had seen neither hide not hair of a waiter; no menus; no offers of drinks; nothing. I expect relaxed service in the Caribbean, but this was silly. There were plenty of staff there, but they were just not interested in serving customers. We weren't the only table struggling. The next table were perusing menus when we arrived. 30 minutes later they were still waiting to give their orders. On the other side a party of 6 had received their food for five diners – they were all but finished – but the sixth person was still waiting, desperately trying to get the attention of a waiter. I can’t tell you what the food was like, as we gave up. I can only assume that they’re so complacent because this is the most visible restaurant on the harbour front and they’re always going to get lots of customers from the cruise ships who, having wandered round the market and realised that there isn’t that much to do in Castries, settle down to while away an afternoon waiting for their drinks!

2  Thank Red_to_the_bone
Reviewed January 11, 2013

food was dissapointing. We had to wait for an a 1/2 hr before food was served & when we did get the meal, it was not what we ordered. Am never going there again

2  Thank John J
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I did a two week honeymoon and St. Lucia and Caribbean Pirates is the only restaurant we ate at where the service was terrible (very very slow), the food was not good and even worse, we BOTH ended up sick after. Literally within 20 minutes of finishing my lunch I was running to the bathroom and within 1 hour my husband was. I tend to be sensitive, but my husband has a stomach of steal so when he was getting sick I knew there was a problem. Luckily it only lasted the rest of the day/night, but when we told a few locals about our experience they were not surprised and said, "Oh I stay away from Chef Bobby!" Yikes! Other than the nice view we had on the balcony, this was the one and only place we did not have a good experience in St. Lucia.

3  Thank SQsinger18