“I would never go back”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I did a two week honeymoon and St. Lucia and Caribbean Pirates is the only restaurant we ate at where the service was terrible (very very slow), the food was not good and even worse, we BOTH ended up sick after. Literally within 20 minutes of finishing my lunch I was running to the bathroom and within 1 hour my husband was. I tend to be sensitive, but my husband has a stomach of steal so when he was getting sick I knew there was a problem. Luckily it only lasted the rest of the day/night, but when we told a few locals about our experience they were not surprised and said, "Oh I stay away from Chef Bobby!" Yikes! Other than the nice view we had on the balcony, this was the one and only place we did not have a good experience in St. Lucia.

3  Thank SQsinger18

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We decided to stop here and ordered four drinks and two ice creams at about 11am. The drinks came at different times and the coke took at least five minutes to arrive after the others. We had to wait an additional 30 minutes for the ice creams, while we watched the staff all standing around eating ice cream. The drinks and ice creams were quite good, but certainly not worth the wait. We were surprised to see lone fish swimming around in small vases on the tables, and several turtle shells were displayed outside and around the restaurant. Slightly incongruous as 'Our Planet' was right next door. One hopes these turtles had died and were washed up on the beach. They apologised for the wait but we don't understand how a simple order turned out to be so hard.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Local and regoinal cuisine with an international twist! It is well worth a visit! Great service, friendly staff and ideally located!

1  Thank LyssiaB
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great place to hang out and view the goings on in Castries Harbour, food and drinks are well priced and the staff are excellent.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and stopped here while on a cruise in May. The Flying Fish is awesome. The service is slow , but remeber you are on Island time.