Overall, I would recommend this Sandals as a honeymoon destination. My husband would probably rate it as excellent, but I thought there was some room for improvement. First, the grounds are lovely. There was some construction/remodeling happening, but it did not interfere with our enjoyment. We stayed in the two level villa w/ private plunge pool-the highest room class. The room was great in decor, but we did not use the lower portion much as we would have had to go up and down the stairs. We liked the private plunge pool; unlike others, I did not think it was too cold. It was definitely cooler than the ocean or the main pools, but it was still enjoyable. The deck has the most amazing view of the sunsets; in fact, those rooms have the best view of the sunset in the whole resort. The worst part of the room was the housekeeping service. It was quite clean when we arrived, but in the middle of our stay, the service quit coming. Perhaps, our time in the room conflicted w/ the cleaning schedule, but we would have happily left if asked. We did get towels every day, but we would have liked the floors to have been swept daily to get rid of the sand and debris.
I was not too thrilled with the food, but then, I am a picky eater. My husband thought the food was great. We both recommend Armando's for every meal. It thought it was the best all around restaurant. We did not try La Toc, though we had reservations b/c I don't like French food. We did try Kimono-the Japanese Teppan restaurant. If you truly enjoy Teppan restaurants-do not go. It is very different from what we have in the States. They did not have Sake or coffee when we were there. So, don't be too upset if you cannot get reservations; we would skip it in the future. Arizona is great for lunch and snacks. I do have to give Sandals credit-they do mean it with they say all the drinks and food you want. We were constantly being offered more drinks, including alcohol. Unlike others who have posted, we never had problems w/ getting refills. Most of the time, the glass was not empty before the refill arrived. I would say that the must dine location is Gordon's at the Grande. It is reservation only, but it was amazing. You dine on a pier over the water. The food was delicious, and the service was great. As far as restaurant experineces at Sandals; this was the best. The funny thing was the I probably would not have enjoyed it so much if it had not been for Kyle. I am not sure what Kyle's title was; he was not our waiter or server. He brought the water, bread and kept bringing the silverware for each course. He was so sweet, cute and showed great poise for someone who appears to be quite young. I would say that the only part of our Gordon's that was better than Kyle was the view, and that is really saying something.
We tried the spa for a massage, and it was wondeful. My husband enjoyed the golf course; he golfed twice and even took a lesson from the pro. All the caddies were very knowledgable, and he never felt like they were asking for more than their $5 as others say they experienced. He tipped more b/c they were great w/ helpful tips and not because they asked for more.
We got a private SUV ride to and from the airport b/c of our room class. It was a beautiful ride; we did not have any problems w/ motion sickness. The drivers were very good at pointing out important spots and stopping for picture opportunities. As for tours, the best and cannot miss tour in my opinion is the rainforest canopy tour. It is a zipline tour of the rainforest. We could have taken that tour every single day. We also did the land and sea tour. We were disappointed w/ the volcano, but we loved the botanical gardens. The restaurant for lunch had great food. The boat ride was fun and we enjoyed the snorkeling. It is probably the easiest way to see the highlights of the island.
The only thing I cannot complain about is the butler service. I have read other reviews stating they were disappointed, but our butlers made our honeymoon. I don't think I would have rated Sandals above average if not for the butlers. In fact, if I could rate Don and Andre in a separate category, excellent would not even come close to describing how wonderful they were. Apparently, Andre has only been doing this for four months, and he is already wonderful. I would imagine he will be giving Don a run for his money as best butler in a few more months. Don is second to none; everyone should request Don and/or Andre if they want a wonderful vacation. We had surprises in our room every night thanks to Don and Andre-bubble baths, flower petals spelling out messages, champagne, appetizers, etc. They brought my husband his pickles and caviar each night. They arranged everything for us. We never had any problems getting them to respond when we needed something. And, we rarely needed anything b/c they were so good at anticipating our needs. I did complain in this review about the housekeeping, but Don and Andre made sure our bed was made very day and turned down for us nightly. That made the room feel cleaner on the days we missed housekeeping. Truly, I cannot describe how wonderful they both were. We have told both that if they ever make it to California, they can stay with us. When we look back at our stay at Sandals, Don and Andre will always be our most treasured memory. So, request them if possible; Don even announces his arrival w/ song. Trust me, it makes you laugh and smile each time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries