“Life in Paradise, one of the best trips ever!”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Region of Waterloo, Canada
“Life in Paradise, one of the best trips ever!”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We recently went to the Sandals Regency La Toc Resort to get married, along with a few family members for a week. It was such an amazing place and best of all - All Inclusive - lots of great activities to choose from, great water sports, unlimited food and drinks, pools with swim up bars! We all had such a good time and were well looked after. Sandals offers a stay at one, play at three pass, so we also had access to the Halcyon and Grande. We visited all three, but we think the Regency was the best and we are glad we chose it. The weather is beautiful there and all the staff are amazing... we knew quite a few of them by name before we left. We completed our scuba diving certification while there (4 open water dives), which was so much fun and we basically had a private instructor to run through all the skill tests with. The spa treatments were great! The wedding was easy to plan and very enjoyable! We will definitely book with Sandals Resorts again and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,824)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We booked our vacation 4 months in advance and when we arrived we were upgraded to the second highest suite for one night, and the remaining 6 nights we were upgraded one level from what we booked. I had the misfortune of falling on the slippery pool deck and hitting my head resulting in a one night stay in the hospital. The resort staff contacted me in the hospital several times to check on my status in addition to offering my boyfriend and myself all the services of the resort while I was gone (ie food service to the room, rides to and from the hospital, and anything else we asked for). Upon returning to the resort we received almost 20 calls from staff we'd met checking up on me. Additionally they also comped our excursion cost, which we missed.
The food was better than average, the drinks were excellent, and the staff is absolutely amazing! The stay at one play at three feature is also an added bonus, very easy to maneuver, and fantastic to see a different part of the island. I would recommend everyone stay here, and would love to visit again when looking for a relaxing beach-side vacation.

Collierville
Reviewed April 24, 2010

PERFECT, IDEAL HONEYMOON!! Where to begin? My new husband and I were greeted at the airport by our own private helicopter to escort us to the resort! No waiting in lines for shuttles, etc! Once we arrived at the resort, we were immediately taken up to the Sunset Bluff where our Two-Story Villa Suite with private pool awaited us along with out amazing butlers! They were literally at our beck and call 24/7 and would even schedule anything and everything we could ask for. We even had nice surprises waiting for us when we returned from dinner each evening, including bubbles baths with candles, champagne set up on our private balcony overlooking the Caribbean sea, or a rose petals and dessert awaiting us in the bedroom! We were up on the Sunset Bluff, which is almost like a resort within the resort. The main part of the resort is down on the ocean and the bluffs are up top where you can see a gorgeous sunset each night and even have close-up views of cruise ships sailing in. EVERYthing they promise is exactly true and, in my opinion, even better. Our villa was amazing and very spacious! Wonderful furnishings, luxurious bath, amazingly comfortable bed….
The restaurants there were ALL amazing, especially Kimono’s and Pitons, which were Hibachi and Mediterranean. Everything is inclusive and they do NOT skimp on your servings or your drinks as some all-inclusive places do. We were on our honeymoon and it was exactly what I had always pictured and MORE! Each day exceeded my expectations and we felt like VIPs the entire visit. They even arranged a private airport transfer for us to get back to the airport for departure. All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and always happy! I cannot say enough about this resort and we WILL be going back for any anniversary or celebration in the future! I highly recommend!!

Denton, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed at the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia for 6 nights at the beginning of April. It was absolutely incredible! The excellent service and friendliness from the staff was evident from the time we stepped off the bus until the morning that we left. Unfortunately, it was cloudy/rainy most of the days that we were there, but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits. There were events going on every day that would appeal to any and all. We attended the beach party the first night we were there, where they had a live band and entertainment, including fire-breathers and girls who limbo-ed under a flaming limbo stick and hula-hooped with flaming hoops. It was crazy! They also had a casino night, where you could pay $1 to get $100 in funny money. We spent $15, so we got $1500 and played blackjack. We went bust, but afterwards, they held an auction for gifts that you could bid on with the funny money. Our blackjack dealer was also the auctioneer, and he was hilarious. That was one of the best nights. As far as the amenities, we looooooved the pool with the swim-up bar next to the Pavillion Restaurant. It was so relaxing just to hang out in or by the pool, then get an excellent lunch at Pavillion and get back out there. Speaking of food, we ate some amaaaaazzzzing food here. We ate breakfast at the buffet-style Pavillion restaurant every morning. They had such an array of things, from bagels, croissants and muffins to smoked salmon and deli meats. They even had cereal for those crazy people who want to watch what they eat when they're on vacation. ;) We ate lunch several times at Neptunes, the Mediterranean seafood grill, which was also excellent. Our favorite places were Piton, the Caribbean cuisine, and Kimono, the Japanese hibachi grill. The food at both of these places blew us away. We practically rolled ourselves out of Kimono after dinner! We took out one of the Hobie Cats one day, and we went snorkeling one day too. It was a lot of fun! Neither of us had been on a catamaran or gone sailing. We also visited the spa, since we had a spa credit when we booked the honeymoon. We got a couples massage, which was incredible. Neither of us had ever had a massage, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The masseurs were so attentive and wanted to make sure we were comfortable, and the environment was so peaceful. I wanted to fall asleep on the table! We had a great honeymoon here at the Sandals Regency. It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip, although, we do hope to return to a Sandals in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 6 day vacation to Sandals Regency in St. Lucia. It was absolutely AMAZING! I know there are a lot of negative reviews on here about the staff acting like they are aggravated when you ask for a water or that they don’t get you things fast enough …. but those are the kinds of people that will find fault with EVERYTHING in life! Don’t let those reviews stop you … Sandals Regency St. Lucia was an AWESOME experience and I want to turn around and go back right now!!

HELICOPTER TRANSFER: We arrived at the airport and it was HOT! But hey, you’re on a tropical island – what do you expect! We had booked a helicopter transfer from the international airport to the resort through St. Lucia Helicopters for $140 per person(www.stluciahelicopters.com) because I had read a lot of reviews on here about the winding, hilly ride from the airport to the resort. I usually get car sick and I didn’t want to start our trip off by getting sick. The helicopter ride was AWESOME and we landed at the helipad near our resort in 12 minutes!! That certainly beat the heck out of a 1½ hour car ride on winding roads and hairpin turns. The helicopter ride was so smooth and comfortable … I would o it again in a heartbeat! WARNING: You are only allowed ONE carry-on per person on the helicopter and your other luggage is transported by ground – SO PACK YOUR SWIMSUIT AND WHATEVER OTHER NECESSITIES IN A CARRY-ON BAG SO YOU CAN CHANGE WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR RESORT! OUR OTHER LUGGAGE DIDN’T ARRIVE FOR NEARLY 3 HOURS LATER … BE PREPARED FOR THIS! It wasn’t a problem for us, as we just relaxed by the pool and enjoyed every minute of it.
On our return to the airport, we traveled by Sandals shuttle and it was very comfortable … I didn’t get motion sickness the whole trip!!

CHECK-IN: When we arrived at the Regency, we were greeted by Glenda to check us in. She was fabulous! Her outgoing personality and fun-loving nature was great! We were offered Champagne during check-in and Glenda showed us to our room. We were upgraded from a Honeymoon Walkout Room to a third floor sea-view room, which was NOT an upgrade to us and we were a bit aggravated about it at first. But as time went on, we grew happy with the room we had and we were okay with the upgrade after all. Close to pool, close to restaurants and beach.

STRAY CATS: You will also read reviews on here about the stray cats at the resort. I am probably the biggest cat hater in the world and was afraid that these cats were going to be everywhere and aggravating. THEY ARE NOT! There was a cat or 2 that strolled through the open air restaurants while we were eating, but they are not domesticated cats. They don’t rub up against you or jump up on you or beg for food. They keep their distance and generally ignore you unless you feed them. THEY WERE NEVER A NUISANCE AT ALL!

FOOD: The food at the restaurants was amazing! You definitely have to eat at ARMANDOS. IT WAS THE BEST! FILET MIGNON WAS DELICIOUS … YOU CAN CUT IT WITH A BUTTER KNIFE! Can’t decide between Filet and the Blue Marlin? Have both! The food was absolutely exquisite! We also ate at Neptune’s and the Pitons and NEVER had a disappointing meal. We had breakfast most mornings at the Pavilion Restaurant, and they had a great variety of food that differed a bit from day to day so it was never exactly the same. We had to wait too long a couple of mornings for coffee, but nobody EVER made us feel like it was a bother for them to pour a drink or get us something, as a lot of these reviews say. We had the total opposite experience. THE STAFF IS WONDERFUL AND THEY WAIT ON YOU HAND AND FOOT!! Kimono’s was booked so we didn’t get a chance to eat there, but we heard it was great – so make your reservations as soon as you get there!!!

POOL: The pool was not as clean as it could have been, but hey, when you have hundreds of people in and out of the pool every day and night, all wearing sun-block or tanning oil, it’s impossible to keep it totally sparkling clean. It was fine with us – very useable - not gross or slimy at all.

BEACH: The beach was beautiful! The sand was raked and kept clean early every morning by the staff. There are some “locals” who find their way onto the Sandals beach selling their “wares”, but they are certainly not a bother after one “no thanks”. They don’t pester you.

OVERALL SERVICE: EXCEPTIONAL!! They waited on us hand and foot! They make you feel like royalty and that they are there to make your trip the best ever. And they definitely DID!! Our room was always cleaned up, with plenty of towels stocked in the bathroom; Sophia turned our bed down every night and made us feel pampered.

NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT: The staff at the Regency also double as your nightly entertainment and they are talented, let me tell you! They can sing, they can dance, they can act and they will ensure that you are entertained and have a fabulous time. I urge you to take part in the various entertainment activities at the Pavilion stage. The “Playmakers”, as they are called won’t disappoint … Andreas, Miguel, Bernard and others are simply top-notch!! And don’t miss “Raw Elements” … that man can SING … WOW!

TOURS: We did 3 tours – the zip-lining, the horseback riding in the ocean and the Soufriere Adventure and they were all OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Greg, the zip-line guide was awesome. He is very knowledgeable about the island and will keep you entertained on the ride. DO THE ZIP-LINE … it was a great experience!! Soufriere Adventure on the catamaran to see the volcano and sulfur springs was a very fun trip! Sign up … you won’t be disappointed!!

We have to make special mention of George, the ice cream man, who doubles as a waiter/staff/pool boy. He was AWESOME! Also have to mention Crackers and Nekita at the tour desk … and Lawrence at Sandals and Michael, the catamaran captain. Everyone was fantastic!!! We loved them ALL!!!

The island is beautiful, the weather was perfect, and the activities were a great time. But what made this trip so enjoyable was the St. Lucian people. They are the friendliest, nicest, and most courteous and loving people we have ever met. And they treat EACH OTHER like that, not just the visitors!! If the whole world took a lesson from the St. Lucians, this world would be a much better place to live … Ya Mon … No Pressure, No Problem! St. Lucia hasn’t seen the last of us!! Best vacation EVER!!

4 Thank Ldrury63
Trinidad
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This review is a bit late but I still wanted to write one.
My husband and I honeymooned at Sandals Regency for a week in Dec. It was the best ever! We arrived at the George Charles Airport which wasnt too far from the hotel (using this airport is HIGHLY recommended to avoid the long journey from the south airport). Anyway so we arrived quite early, way before checkin and were allowed to have breakfast while the staff organized for us. We were astonished at our room upgrade; it was a real blessing to have gone up to 2 room categories higher than what we had paid for all free of charge. THe ocean views that we got from our room were amazing and it was such a picturesque view to wake to on mornings.
The staff at the resort was real helpful and pleasant at all times. They offered to take pictures of us even before we could ask, were always regular with housekeeping and cleaning, our mini fridge was always restocked with drinks, and service was typically given with a smile and a no pressure no problem tag line. There may have been times when the service was a bit slower or not as cheerful as expected but such occasion was few and far inbetween.
The resort grounds are well landscaped and beautifully kept. The pool is well maintained and the bar staff are some of the happiest workers at the resort. The beach grounds are also raked daily and during our stay there were ample beach chairs and towels available. All of the resturants that we ate at were good but unfortunately we didnt get to try the Japanese one (we were too tired from our island tour lol). Concerning the food I absolutely loved La Toc - my meal there was great though my husband didnt fancy his as much; Arizona Restaurant was a hit with us and we enjoyed lunch and dinner there a couple times; we weren't too fond of the Italian Rest though i guess it was simply beacause we weren't keen on Italian food. Breakfast at the Pavillion was good as well but a bit repetitive after a while.
One thing that we throughly enjoyed was a land and sea tour with JoeKnows tours. Our guide Big Willie was really fun and constantly entertaining and educating us. My husband and I really enjoyed the snorkling and the boat ride was memorable for us. The Pitons were also a beauty to behold and one can surely understand how it is such a renowned landmark for St Lucia.
Even though the stay was great there were a few minor things that I didnt like. Firstly the cats. Im not a cat person and they kinda bugged me at Arizona when we were having lunch. Also I honestly didnt like the beach that much. It looked nice but then when we got into the water it just wasnt as good - the way it sloped and we got a bit of a current which wasnt so good, we enjoyed the pool more. Also on the land and sea tour we sat at the back of the bus. DO NOT SIT AT THE BACK OF THE BUS. The windy roads caused me to feel a bit nauseous when driving to the south and sitting at the back didnt help but even that experience could've been worse.
All in all our Sandals Honeymoon was the best decision ever and I'm wishin we could go back soon! If you can go ... then go; you wont regret it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vacationfun28
Long Island, NY
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was our first Sandals experience, and as it was our honeymoon, we were a bit wary about selecting an all inclusive resort, for fear that the food, drinks and service might be sub-par compared to what we were accustomed to on our usual vacations. We have nothing but good things to say about our honeymoon experience at this beautiful resort.
We stayed in the Water's Edge and the location of our suite was absolutely perfect. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. The sitting room upstairs and the bedroom downstairs of this two story suite were each lovely and spotlessly clean, and it was an amazing treat to go to sleep hearing the ocean waves each night!
We did have butler service at this room and Tony and Garvey were awesome butlers, and helped us out whenever we needed anything. I don't think my husband and I actually used the butler service to its full potential, as we were content to walk around exploring things on our own, but it was a great service provided by great people, and I would do it again.
The restaurants were each very nice, and the food was actually quite good. The staff was friendly everywhere we went on the resort, and we did spend a good portion of our days relaxing by the main pool. Our room was closer to the Piton Pool, and there is actually a third pool up the cliff, both of which looked very nice, but we preferred the liveliness and the swim up bar at the main pool.
We decided to do the candlelight dinner on the beach and it was a great (and very romantic) evening!
I would just be aware that on some days, there was not much going on after dinner hours - which was fine with us since we weren't there for the nightlife. There was a street party one night, and a beach party another, which were great. Other evenings were quiet, but very nice.
Overall a fantastic experience and we were already talking about returning for an anniversary in the future!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MCMS10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!