We had a wonderful time! We took off from Atlanta were it was 45 degrees. We landed in St. Lucia and we were pleasantly surprised with how warm it was there. After a wait in the airport to get through customs, we were immediately directed to a van to take us to the resort. The drive was about an hour and 15 minutes through winding roads up the east coast. I enjoyed seeing the country and the people in the villages. However, if you get car sick, take some Dramamine, book the helicopter, or fly into the airport that is closer to the resort. The drive is beautiful though. When we got to the resort we left our bags and they were taken to our room as we signed in.
We had booked a less expensive room and because we were getting married there, they upgraded us to a honeymoon room right on the beach. The room was always kept super clean and neat. They clean the room twice: when you are at the pool and when you are at dinner.
The first morning that we were there, we had a meeting with our wedding planner, Ana Faye. She was so efficient, sweat, and wonderful. They have wedding planning down to a science. Within 20 minutes we had our entire wedding planned.
The rest of the time was great. The food was generally great. My wife didn’t like the breakfast buffet at the Pavilion, but I was toughly satisfied. You can literally get whatever you want! For lunch, we would get our own delicious personal brick oven pizzas and chips and salsa. We stayed at the Regency for our dinners. All of the restaurants are great. We liked Armando’s and La Toc the best. We also had candlelight dinner on the beach which was also unbelievable.
The pool bar served island drinks and was fun. The drinks are small and not strong, but because it is so hot, they were more for relaxing and refreshment than for getting wasted at 10 AM. Get out early to get your chairs if you want a good spot. When we were there, the resort was not crowded at all so we could get chairs pretty much anytime. The beach is beautiful and clean. I’ve read some reviews that say the ocean is rough and red flags meant they couldn’t swim. I don’t know what they are talking about. We had red flags and the water is pretty calm. If you’ve ever been to a beach in the US, this beach will seem like you are swimming in a pool. There are no waves or undertow. Also, in the summer were I’m from there are lots of bugs. I was completely amazed that in the heat and humidity in St. Lucia that there are NO bugs. None!
We took advantage of the water sports. They were fun and we had no problem using the equipment. The water bikes were fun, but slow. The canoes were faster and a great workout. The catamaran was a bit tricky, but we got the hang of it and I felt like a sailor. We were allowed to go “as far as the horizon” in the boats. Lots of fun!
We took the Soufriere Tour and enjoyed it. It was really hot and the lunch was not good, but otherwise was amazing.
Here is some advice… bring twice as much sunscreen as you think you may need. I use half a bottle of SPF 8 at beaches in the summer in the US. I ran out and had to buy some at the gift shop. The prices for these things are outrageous at the gift shop and at other places around the island. I ended up using two bottles of SPF 30 here. Bring reading materials if you like to read. My wife is a big reader and ran out of reading materials. Magazines are about $12 each…and that’s not a resort markup…that is the cover price! Things are just expensive.
Finally, the thing we liked the best is that there are no rules (well almost no rules). We carried drinks from one restaurant to another, took food back to the room, smoked cigars indoors, and drank alcohol in the pool.
Oh and by the way…out wedding was spectacular. They had our pictures and video ready for us to take home the morning after the wedding. I can’t wait to have my anniversary there!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries