We just returned from our most romantic 10-day honeymoon at the Sandals Regency, St. Lucia. This is an unbelievably beautiful and romantic resort. The views are breathtaking, from any corner of the resort. This is a massive resort full of hilly roads, so there's alot to do and see. It caters to everyone - those who prefer a crowded/loud area with music can hang out at the Pavillion bar/pool and those who prefer to have a quieter time, can chill at the bluff's pool/bar area. There's a live band and an exceptional entertainment crew to keep you entertained every evening during and after dinner at the Pavillion. If you're looking to party more, you can visit the Sports Bar which also turns into a club after 11pm. This resort is very clean, very green if you love nature, private and it has got alot to offer to anyone. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The spa/service is amazing - definitely do a couple's massage (Scents of Love Massage). All the rooms by the Pavillion in the main area have been upgraded with flat screen TV's and they'll be soon upgrading the rooms on the bluffs. The rooms on the bluffs are just exceptional. We stayed in the Royal Oceanfront 2-Storey Villa with a private plunge pool and it was well worth it. We also had a private driver with a Mercedes Benz take us to and from the Hewannora airport to the resort. We were greeted at the bluff's concierge by the Head Butler, and he cracked open a bottle of champagne and offered us freshly baked cookies before our designated butler took us to our room. We had a very private room at the very end (Rm. 816) - the best room of the category! It was massive, very clean and we particularly enjoyed the space, the premium bar selection in our room, the 24-hr room service (with a variety of food to choose from), the BUTLER SERVICE, the jacuzzi in our room, the PRIVATE PLUNGE POOL (4 1/2 feet deep) and the breathtaking SUNSET VIEW. Our room was on an approximately 50ft cliff, so we were looking at the ocean and the water crashing on the rocks 50ft below. I must speak about the Butler Service - it was just exceptional and we really got spoilt by the Butlers. Our favourite butler was Auguste - he volunteered to do stuff for us and went over and above for us. The Butlers are very friendly and offer a variety of things to do for you i.e. check-in, check-out, pack/unpack for you, draw a rose scented bath (he did it twice for us - both times a surprise) with candles and champagne, laundry/dry-cleaning service (at a charge), turn-down service, flowers decoration on our bed, music, etc etc etc. You can ask the Butler to bring you any movie (from a huge list they give you) and you can watch them in your room. The Butler's also make restaurant reservations/appointments for you, arrange your weekly planner and cater to any needs you may have. Our butler also organized a romantic dinner for us at the brand new Gordon's Restaurant on the Pier at the Sandals Grande (exclusive for butler suites only). The head butler, Prasad, is an exceptional and well qualified/experienced manager. I must say - the butler service is worth it if you're really looking to get spoilt at the Sandals Regency. This resort looks just the same, if not better, as it does in the pictures on the Sandal's website. There's a variety of restaurants to choose from and the food was excellent everywhere we went. I especially enjoyed the La Toc restaurant because I love lamb chops and creme brulee. There's a convenient shuttle that runs every hour to and from the 3 sandals resorts, so we visited the Grande and the Halycon. The Grande is nice, its new but its very North American - more like a 4-star hotel not a resort. It's better for a group of friends, then for a couple on their honeymoon. It's more of a party place and the Regency is more of a romantic, private, couples only kind of a resort, especially because of its mountains and hills. The Grande and the Halycon is on flat land, so it's like a regular Cancun style resort - nothing exceptional, however the Grande does have a slightly clearer beach/water. The true carribbean feeling is to stay at the Regency. The Halycon is extremely quiet and dead - there's no music, no entertainment and it is very very small. There's not much to do there, however it does offer a very nice restaurant called The Pier - we had dinner there as well. Halycon is more for older couples, from what we observed. Tours - if you want your money's worth and would like to see St. Lucia in a day - do The Land & Sea Tour - that was alot of fun and was worth it. We also did the Dolphin & Whale Watching Tour, however, due to choppy waves and a small motor boat - we got sick halfway. We did see alot of Dolphins and Whales, but it wasn't worth the $75USD. My husband surprised me to a beach dinner one night and it was simply wonderful. The menu was customized by my husband and prepared by an exceptional chef. I had all of my favourite courses. In conclusion, Sandals Regency is an exceptional, very natural, very clean and a romantic resort full of hills and mountains and breathtaking views of the ocean. We had a terrific time on our honeymoon and it seems like it was the best one out of the 3 for a couples resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries