Sandals Regency La Toc
The Landing(Rodney Bay)
  • Beachfront
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
View Hotel
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
Oasis Marigot(Marigot Bay)
  • Pool
7,658 results
All reviewsbutler servicesunset bluffla tocsandals regencyjoe knowsmain poolour honeymoonbutler suitepavilion restaurantpiton restaurantcricketers pubst luciapiano barmain buildingtwo storyprivate poolswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2006

This is to anyone who has read negative reviews about the Regency.... This isn't one of them!! My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the Deluxe Ocean View Rooms and we have no regrets about the money we spent!! As you have seen in prior notes; Gregory seems to be like the "Regency Spokesperson"! He was great! Our hats off to all of the Regency staff but specially to: Tasha, John, Chris, Christopher, Princess, and Adrina! You guys were a blast! The food was superb and they made our "special Valentine's" dinner at LaToc wonderful. Just to let all of you back at the Regency know, we are already planning on returning next year during Valentine's week!!! You can't go wrong at this resort!And a special Thank You to the General Manager who took time out of his busy day to talk to my boyfriend about the TREES on the resort!! We can't wait until next year!!!!! Note to John at the Pavillion Bar-Mick Jagger has left the Island!!hahahaha!

9  Thank 772frederickk
A TripAdvisor Member
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed February 23, 2006

Sandals Regency Resort St Lucia
Date: February 23, 2006
Written By: Jim and Sandy Walker recent guests

My wife and I just got back from a 10 day trip to St Lucia where we celebrated her birthday. While we had read other reviews that concerned us, we found this to be the most wonderful vacation we ever experienced. We were able to make use of three beautiful resorts while we stayed at the most inexpensive one. Every meal was almost gormet and our hosts treated us like we had entered their personal home and they intended to make our stay special. The staff soon learned our names and were quick to greet us every time they saw us. With many weddings at each resort, the atmosphere was almost surreal as everywhere you looked people were holding hands, hugging, or embracing. This is the first time my wife and I have not been ready to come home when it was over. On a scale of 1-10 for the facilities, staff, food, and amenities, we would rate it off the charts.
If you go, be prepared to enjoy every minute especially the local people who almost immediately become what seems like old friends.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2006

had a great time at this resort...food was great and had a wonderful variety...staff was as pleasant as could be...drinks were to my liking...vodka/cranberry...no problems...if you need help with anything ask gregory and he'll get it done...beach was clean... water was great...towels no problem...check in was fast...ride to and from the airport was long but gave you a good look at the island...downtown shopping was pretty much the same stuff everywhere...and duty free was overpriced at the resort and elsewhere...the biggest surprise for me was how steep the hillsides were in the resort...it's easy to see why all the staff are pencil thin...walking straight up the side of a cliff, many times a day, will keep the pounds off...ya'll don't worry about all these bad reviews...go and have a great time!!! i did!!!

9  Thank virginbred
Reviewed February 21, 2006

We had a wonderful vacation at Sandals Regency from Feb 9th through the 16th. We're returning guests and were given a complimentary upgrade as such to Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront in the newly remodeled area of the resort in rm 152. This was the perfect location for us as we spent almost all of our time around the main pool.

The room had a big flat panel tv, tile floors, a small sitting area, mini-fridge stocked with cokes and water, a jacuzzi tub and a nice vanity in the bathroom. We also had an electronic wall safe (though it was tiny!) in the closet. Enough room for a wallet and our passports and a few other small items but not big enough for a laptop (We didn't take one but a lot of folks want to know if the laptop would fit in the safe).

The restaurants at Regency were good -- probably better than most of the other Sandals we've visited. Its not 5 star dining but its better than Applebee's or O Charley's or other chains in the states. And for goodness sakes, if you get something and don't like it, order something else. The drinks are as weak or as strong as you'd like them. Just like at home, unless you call your alcohol in your drinks at the bar, you are going to get the house brand. House is not premium or top shelf but plenty of premium alcohol is available for the asking.

The staff at Regency from the housekeeping to playmakers to bartenders to servers at the restaurants are all excellent and very hardworking folks. My hat is off to all of them.

There is construction going on at the hotel but it is not invasive to enjoying your vacation. We were pretty close to some construction of restrooms by the main pool and it was not a big deal. They didn't start too early and definitely didn't go past 4pm or so.

We visited the other Sandals on St Lucia and were equally impressed with them. Halcyon is smaller but the Pier restaurant was awesome. The Grande is quite large and very new. We had a great dinner at Barefoot by the Sea at the Grande. Either of these would make a great vacation spot as well. We chose Regency due to excellent pricing at 50% off last fall and on return trips to St Lucia, we'll let pricing be our guide for which resort we choose.

13  Thank Gina L
A TripAdvisor Member
Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed February 21, 2006

For all of those nervous brides out there planning to get married at the Regency this review is for you. I got married at the Regency on February 17, 2006. We had a wonderful experience. Everything was perfect. A morning dove walked me down the isle while two yellow butterflies fluttered in front of me....I couldn't believe it. We even captured it on the video, it was just beautiful. We had a Caribbean steel drum band play Caribbean music during the ceremony. The music and the band just made the day all the more festive. The night of our wedding we all shared a candlelight dinner in a gazebo. The meal was outstanding. I got to customize the menu which made it extra special. It was truly the best dinner I have ever had. The wedding planner was execellent and took care of every detail. The day was truly enjoyable and stress free. At the end of our trip we took a helicopter ride to the airport. The scenery was just breathtaking. I highly recommend this. I wouldn't change a thing!!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member