Have been back from the Regency for about three weeks now, and finally have a minute to write about our experience. To those that have been reading reviews and are a little nervous about the negative ones, rest assured, you will have a great time!
Upon our arrival at the airport, we were told we had been upgraded to the "bluff" which included butler and room service. Also, our room was on the fourth floor of the building-looking directly west over the Carribean Sea. Amazing sunset views. The room was beautiful-stocked fridge, bar, comfortable sitting area, comfortable four-poster bed, a jacuzzi bath, and a large stand up shower. Although we had the butler service, we didn't use them alot-that is totally up to you. We did however take advantage of the room service-mostly for breakfast.
We spent most of our days on the decks of the sunset pool. Never had a problem with towels. Never had a problem with a bar tender.
Everyone who works at the resort was extremely friendly and willing to do anything to make our stay pleasant.
Food: We loved Armondo's. The Piton and Arizona was very good for dinner. Also, La Toc. Kimono's was good, but the conversation's with our table mates made the meal. If you do not have reservation's at Kimono or La Toc already made (the butler did it!), make them when you arrive. Seating is limited and at three different time periods.
Activities: Do as much as you want, or as little. We went snorkeling. Our first time-reef was okay, but a fun experience. Couples massage at the Spa. Awesome! The one thing I would highly recommend is the sunset evening cruise (a.k.a. the party cruise)-the rum punch is awesome-has a nice kick! It is only offered on Wed. and Fri. Sail out onto the Sea around 5pm. Party, meet new people, view the sunset.
Evening Entertainment: about the only negative. Most shuts down around 11pm. From 9-11 at the Pavilion there are bands or shows. After that things got pretty quiet.
Due to the rough water for the first part of the week, we went over to the Grande for a day. Beautiful resort. Water activities available. Small beach, but calm water. The sea subsided some later in the week, and water activities were available at the Regency.
Odds and Ends: Yes, the airport is an hour away from the resort. Yes, the road is a two lane the whole way. No, it is not like a roller coaster ride. Each of our drivers were very knowledgable about the island. Ask questions. It's like a free tour. you will go through the rainforest, banana plantations, and towns. The airport is small. When you are leaving, be prepared for long lines going into the departure area, and a cramped area by the gates. Don't forget, you will need CASH for the St. Lucia departure fee-$21/person.
Tipping: not required. We did tip our butler ST.Rose and our massage therapists. You could literally come without any money-any additional charges can be billed to your room.
Resort: Yes, there is construction. In fairness, we spent most of our time at the sunset pool. But, nobody we met had any complaints about noise. The pavillion is the biggest pool. Activities, etc. happen here. There is a smaller pool (Piton) midway up the hill to the bluff. It and the sunset pool are very quiet. Shuttles run from the main building to the bluff-but it is walkable.
Most of all-relax. The motto is "No Pressure, No Problem" Believe it. The Regency offered a wonderful trip. We missed it even before we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries