I just returned from La toc with my wife. We used the trip as our honeymoon which you will quickly find that everyone else there is on honeymoon which makes for a good conversation starter with other guests. We loved the trip, and instead of doing my usual full on review, I am going to do a list style review that way the information can be seen and used more easily. This place is not without its flaws.
DO book a butler if you don't want to be bothered with little details while you are on your trip. Our butlers Roger, Ferna, and Edmond were amazing and really helped make this trip great. they handled everything from reserving pool chairs (they fill up quick), to booking dinner reservations (you will be turned down to accomodate butler clients), to booking our excursions. You will get those little towel puppets on your bed as a plus!
DO NOT get a butler if you are trying to save the money. It is expensive and to be honest we most likely did not use their services to the fullest extent. We were afraid to ask for somethings just by the nature of our personalities. If you are okay with getting your own chairs and reservations, then don't splurge. The butlered rooms did come with top shelf liquor fully stocked though.
DO NOT believe any reviews that say there is not top shelf liquor available at any of the bars. You will see that there is premium stuff everywhere
DO NOT believe the adverts for the private car transfer because it is not a luxury vehicle that they will tote you in. We were picked up in a civic and some mitsubishi. No one was driving in the luxury cars as advertised. Save your money and take the bus or helicopter.
DO get the couples massage, but DO NOT think it is free or completely included. This is another example of false advertising. It is a credit for a couples massage, not a free couoples massage. It will cost you money. It was the best massage I have ever had though.
DO be careful about room 890 oceanview suite, or any room on that side of the building. They pick up trash and recycling every morning at 4AM about 100 feet from the room. We had to move rooms on the 3rd day, but they did not hesitate to move us and the butler moved our belongings for us.
DO go on the Joe Knows tour....enough said. Be ready to drink!
DO NOT think that booking the oceanview suites is the only way to get an oceanview. We buddied up with a couple in the same building who opted for the garden view and all the rooms in that category still faced the ocean with a wonderful view. Save the coin and look for something on the second floor of the 800 block.
DO book the dinner on the beach. The food was amazing. DO NOT think that it will take less than two hours to complete....yes, it took us 2.5 hrs to get through it.
DO make sure you get to the Pitons restaraunt.
So overall we loved the trip. It was a beautiful resort with many great views because of how it is built into the cliff. We did hear some couples say that they felt like 2nd class citizens bc they didn't get the butlers. I can agree with that because I kow they were booting people out of restaraunts to get us in. I am a huge beer drinker and I was getting coolers of beer brought to me at the pool that had Newcastle, Bass and Guinness, whereas everyone else got the local beer. If I didn't have the butler I would not have gotten the better beer. I think that is just one example of them accomodating any request. The shuttles come frequently to take you up and down the hill, and we never waited more than a few minutes for one. If we did, usually our butler would see us waiting and come swooping in for us on a golf cart. Skip Armando's restaraunt for every meal...it wasn't very good. Everywhere else was fantastic. If we could do one things differently we would've done more excursions, booked another room, and went to another Sandals to try other restaraunts. the vacation was enjoyable, but nothing happened on the trip that made me say, "from now on it's only sandals for us."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries