My husband and I recently (04/03/14-04/09/14) traveled to St. Lucia for a wedding. I would like to start by saying that I really enjoyed our vacation. I'm writing this detailed review because I'm huge on reviews and it's only fair I write one myself. The bus ride wasn't two hours as I read on many reviews. It was actually on an hour. It wasn't a one time fluke either because it took us an hour to arrive and it also took an hour when we were heading back to the airport which was a very nice surprise. When you arrive to the St. Lucia airport you are nicely greeted and taken to a Sandals lounge where they have air conditioner, comfy places to sit and their signature rum punch drink which I loved! The wait for the shuttle bus to take you to the resort wasn't more than 15 minutes. My biggest complaint about the resort is how unbelievably slow the service was. Whether it was for us to get seated, to have someone come to our table and actually take our drink order or bring us a coffee in the morning. I can understand a few minutes here and there, but sitting down and waiting to be spoken to for 12 minutes in unacceptable. It wouldn't have hurt for someone to at least come by and let us know they would be right with us. From waiting to get seated to waiting for the food to come out was just awful. Even at the swim up bar they would just ignore you until they were ready to talk to you. Now, I must add that once we were attended they were extremely friendly, but that didn't take away from how long everything took. I spoke to our friends who were also on vacation with us and they all agreed. I think the "no tipping" has a lot to do with it. All the attendants there don't have any incentive to move a little faster. By the end of the trip I was extremely frustrated. I was also disappointed with the fact that you couldn't order food while at the pool or room service for that matter! I mean who doesn't offer room service. oh, and don't forget to make reservations or else you'll be out of luck! La Toc was a nice resort, but I've been to all inclusive resorts in Mexico that were a lot more luxurious with extremely hard working staff who were ready to wait on you. Something I did love was the fact that you're able to visit the other resorts. I most definitely recommend visiting the Grande. It was beautiful and because of how fabulous it was we went there twice! It was a nice vacation, but wouldn't be interested in visiting another Sandals resort if that's how they're all run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries