At first I was a little hesitant to spend my honeymoon in Sandals. It seemed kinda cookie cutter, cheesy, whatever. My wife and I are more the kind of people who like to come to sites like this, buy a Frommers or Lonely Planet, and just plan the whole trip ourselves. After my (then) fiance told me that she did not want a non-stop adventure style honeymoon, however, I was forced to look into other options.
There are 3 Sandals properties on St. Lucia:
The Grande: This is the newest resort and more for the party animal types. If you want to go to big pool parties that play hip-hop music for the honeymoon this resort is for you. The Grande also has the largest stretch of beach. They have a phenomenal restaurant called Gordon’s; book dinner here. It sits on a pier over the ocean has offers incredible meal options (our favorite restaurant of the three resorts). Many people have said that this is the best resort. I think it just depends on what you’re looking for.
La Toc: This was the original resort on the island and is the largest, but is the most private location on St. Lucia. The signature restaurant is French cuisine called, fittingly, La Toc. We stayed here and loved it. More on this resort later.
Halcyon: This resort seemed more fitting for an older crowd. 50 years old and over seem to prefer this resort. We only ate dinner here but overall were happy we stayed elsewhere.
When you check in, they take you to a private club and conduct your check-in there. They provide you with a cellphone that you can reach them nearly anytime. Our butlers names were Stephanie and Marcus. They were fantastic, very pleasant, and went consistently out of their way to keep us happy. They did pretty much anything we wanted. We wanted breakfast in bed every morning (the normal honeymooners w/o butlers only get breakfast in bed once). Our butlers provided this. We wanted Bailey’s for our coffee, which we didn’t find anywhere on the island. Our butlers found this (for free). We had them reserve the best lounge chairs each day at whichever pool we wanted to sit at. They learned we like champagne and started placing an ice bucket and bottle for us in our room each afternoon for us to drink while getting ready. They had reservations already booked for us upon our arrival at the hardest restaurants to get reservations on the 3 resorts. Butlers are definitely more expensive, but we were pleased that we got them. The butlers are also the only people who will actually take your order and deliver food to you poolside! Without them, you have to leave the pool and eat at one of the restaurants (which are right next to the pool, not that big of a pain).
A couple of notes. The butlers leave each night at 10pm (they have to sleep too). After this time, you’ll need to get your food through regular room service. They have other rooms than you. Don’t be surprised if it takes them a few minutes to get your food to you. Plan accordingly and order early. Lastly, the butlers are one of the only exceptions to the “no tipping” policy that Sandals has. We asked around and found that between $50 and $100 each is an average tip for them (we were there 6 nights). We were so pleased that we tipped them each $150. Marcus and Stephanie. Ask for them.
One negative: We talked to a couple of different girls who were bit by bugs, so bring your bugspray here. It's a tropical island!
Overall, we loved Sandals and can’t wait to go back. Next time we’ll go w/ other couples but loved having the time all to ourselves on the honeymoon. Great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries