My husband and I were at Sandals La Toc at the beginning of February. Before we even got there, one of our carry-on bags were stolen from our departing airport. We mentioned this in passing to the young man at the check in. 2 days later, the lovely staff sent up a nice card, some champagne and turned down our bed with rose petals. Such a lovely gesture and not expected by us. This was one of the many things the staff did during our week there. Everyone was friendly and attentive.
Honestly we never had a problem with anything while we were there other than....Some of the other guests. While we met a few friendly people there (key word being FEW), the rest seemed quite snotty, and treated the staff as such. I am suspecting that the people complaining of shoddy service were some of the ones demanding and crabbing about everything non-stop while they were there. Self entitlement isn't an attractive quality. I saw a woman bully another woman over beach chairs there. She seemed to enjoy making a scene because she was talking loudly enough for everyone else in the area to hear her shrill voice. It was a simple mixup between their 2 butlers that could have easily have been solved without all her drama. Remember, people will treat you the way you treat others. There were a few other observations of guest behaviour that I wont even bother talking about because it really didn't affect us, but I am sure it affected the staff in a negative manner being talked to like that. Unreal.
The beach was beautiful even though it was a little choppy out there. The waves crashing on the shore sounded wonderful. I enjoyed to going to sleep listening to that. The food was tasty at all the restaurants we visited. I felt ill one day (too much sun) and had to go back to my room before our meal was served, the sweet people had our lunches brought up to the room. That was so appreciated. Room was lovingly taken care of by a wonderful housekeeping team, we never went without anything we didnt need. If we needed something, all we had to do was ask. We had some connectivity issues with our wifi and that was resolved quickly, and really if they weren't solved, it wouldn't have been a deal breaker because we are on vacation after all. The servers and bartenders were friendly. Our favourite was the staff at the Pub. Was our "go to" spot at the end of the night. Great bunch working in there. So fun.
There were some theme nights there, and we attended the Chocolate Buffet and the Friday night Jump Up. Both are not to be missed. There was a lot of pride showing at that Jump Up. You could tell that food was cooked with love.
We spent a couple days over at the Grande just to get a different flavour. We enjoyed the beach there, the water was always calm there. The clientèle there were way more fun and friendly as well. It was quite the party atmosphere. A nice change to La Toc's quieter setting.
As for the drive from the airport....It's really not that long. 1.5 hrs isn't a bad commute when you are spending your time in paradise. Its a little twisty bendy, but I had the utmost confidence in our drivers to and from the airport. Really. They drive those roads every day and know what to expect around the corner. Sit back, drink your rum punch and enjoy the beautiful view.
I find that this world is too big and too beautiful to visit the same places repeatedly and there is so much more of it I would like to see, that being said though, I would definitely come back to St. Lucia again. The people are warm and friendly. The island is beautiful. If you are looking for a quiet place and a lot of couple time, La Toc is definitely for you. Just please don't forget you are a visitor in someone else's country and don't leave your manners at home.
A job well done. Thank you for your hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries