We have been to several 5 star resorts in the Carribean. Comparing Sandals to Secrets, Barcelo and Iberostar, I would give Sandals la Toc 5 stars for the dining experience, 5 stars for the beautiful, lush grounds and pools, 4 stars for the daily activities, 3 stars for the service, 3 stars for the rooms, 2 stars for the beach, 2 stars for the liquor quality and 2 stars for the evening entertainment.
Rooms: We stayed at the Sunset Bluff with a Butler. The Sunset Bluff have the most beautiful views, complete with your own pool, bar, restaurant, and lounge areas with firepits. The most beautiful rooms at the resort. The rooms are dated but very nice and big and clean, complete with your own bar, wine,vodka,rum and champagne! Our butlers Elsa and Ferna reserved our chairs everyday at the pool, or we wouldnt get a chair. Every day, they filled a cooler full of ice cold bottled Heiniken that we took to the pool. They would leave us surprises every evening, snacks, baths, etc. They even surprised us with a birthday party for our friend Chris. The Butlers are very well trained and other servers should learn from them. A butler room is highly recommended!
Grounds: Because the resort is older, the grounds, plants, trees and flowers are absolutely breathtaking and well maintained. The 3 pools are huge, clean and beautiful, surrounded with fountains and gardens. We didnt gain a pound because of all the walking up and down the hill. The resort is huge and you will get lots of exercise. There are regular shuttles if you get tired of walking.
Dining: All the restaurants in the evening were definately a 5 star experience. Excellent choice of food and service. We were always excited to try out all the restaurants. (Having a butler room is recommended as your butler will ensure that you have a reservation at any restaurant that you choose)
Bars: The service at the Pavillion was very poor, you had to go to the bar and get your own drink. The rum was a low grade Appleton, the vodka was either Absolute or Finlandia. We didn't mind this but we noticed that some people were not happy. With the price you pay at Sandals, they should offer a better variety of alcohol.
Evening entertainment: The playmakers work so hard to provide everyone with entertainment. But it is really up to "us" the vacationers to entertain each other with the Talent Show and Kaeoke. The bands are very talented. Sandals management could definately spend more $ on the evening entertainment!
Daily Activites: Again, the playmakers plan the daily games, so it is up to "us" to make it fun. We enjoyed pool/beach volleyball, and various beach/pool games.
Beach: The beach is a small brown sand beach with huge waves. Pictures on sandals.com are falsely advertised as a white sand beach. We still had fun swimming in the waves, on the yellow flag days. Be very careful as we watched some people being knocked over and needed help getting up. Lots of lost sunglasses.
Recommended day trip to take is the Joe Knows tour. We took a fast boat to see the Pitons, villages, snorkelled, swam in the Diamond Falls and had a Creole lunch. Our tour guide was Willy, he was so informative and so much fun. He made the trip worthwhile!
We would go back to Sandals la Toc! Overall the resort is very beautiful and the food is excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries