“If you golf and scuba this place is for you.”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
ontario
“If you golf and scuba this place is for you.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I found Sandals La Toc very similar to other resorts I have stayed at. The only real difference was the fact that you didn't have to pay extra for golf and scuba. But you did have to pay $50 for the week for WIFI.I found this CRAZY I didn't know that people still charged for wifi at hotels/resorts.
The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained
You will NOT get a chair at the main pool unless you go and reserve it before 7:30am. This was extremely annoying.
I have been scuba certified with padi for years but thought I would do the refresher which was $80. It was HORRIBLE. The guy that did the class was awful and didn't care to be working at the resort. I pretty much think he hated his job so much he would have rather been doing anything else on the planet than teaching me. Super disappointed that I wasted the money on that.
FOOD- The food was awesome. Book your restaurants as soon as you get there or you won't get in.
Day trip to The Grand- worth doing. This resort looked very beautiful and the food was also awesome. If you dont' golf, I would stay at this resort.
Golf course was nine holes and nothing special but it was nice to get out and play. You are required to have a caddie. I would ask for Shevey. He was the BEST by far.
All and all I will defiantly visit another Sandals but my expectations for them will be MUCH lower.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,824)
GLASGOW
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We arrived to Le Toc on January 22nd and from the moment we got out of the car until we got back in it a week later the service was second to none.
We were greeted with smiling faces and face clothes ,then taken inside and served us with two glasses of champagne and light refreshments .
The luggage was taken to our rooms and then we were shown to the room with our butler.
WHOW we opened the door and there was a bottle of champers waiting on ice along with lots of other goodies with an ocean view.
The butler (Tarra) asked us if we would like our clothes unpacking and hanging up.

We met Tarra later which she gave us a phone for the week and showed us round the complex and said to phone her or Michelle the other butler that was looking after us if we needed anything at any time.

They would reserve the sun loungers for you if you called them the day before and told them where you wanted to sit,which was fantastic not having to get up at 5am to reserve your beds.
Then i would phone maybe some days and ask for cold beers or wine etc to be brought to us on the beech (amazing).

One morning i had ordered a breakfast for us both on the beach where people get married and 8am there was the champagne breakfast being served and everything i had ordered the night before this was truly paradise!

You could ask the butlers for anything,they reserved your restaurants where you wanted to dine,i was lucky they got us into Gordon's restaurant on the pier for my birthday at the other resort Sandel's GRAND
what a beautiful complex too.
We spent a couple of days there on the beach,the shuttle took 30 mins it was free,defiantly worth taking a look here too and you can use all the restaurants apart from Gordon's unless you have butler service.
I cannot fault this place for service and its views my partner and i agree this is the best place we have ever visited
We will defiantly be back next year for sure

Room Tip: Get the butler service
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GARYANG
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I've never been a fan of all-inclusive resorts but after staying at the Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica I was completely sold on the Sandals chain. That is until I stayed at La Toc in October 2013. We were travelling with another couple to whom I had spoken so highly of Sandals but after our stay here I was embarrassed for recommending it.

The grounds of the resort are beautiful. Within our first hour at the resort we had decided on the Italian restaurant for dinner. Since you are not allowed to make reservations prior your visit and since we had just arrived we went to the restaurant without reservations. I asked that the 4 of us be seated together and the hostess told me there were no seats available and we could not sit together. However, there was an entire section of the restaurant with open seating that was "closed". I could have lived with that except the hostess was extremely rude to us after I asked what our other options were. I called our "concierge" person and they got us reservations.

That night after returning to our rooms (at the Bluffs) the air was not working. Maintenance came out and said it was fine and told us we hadn't turned it on properly. After hours of suffering in the heat we called the "concierge" to say it is still not working and they sent someone to determine it was most definitely broken. AND our friend’s room next to us was broken too. So after just checking in and unpacking they had the both of us re-pack our stuff and move to different rooms. They did not even offer us an upgrade or any compensation. In our next room we had working air, not very cold but working. That is until 2 nights later when the air conditioner just spilled out water all over the new room.

After another day there we realized that in order to have any real service you needed a butler, we had only upgraded to concierge. Without Butler service this hotel has NO SERVICE. So we called and asked if we could be upgraded to butler service, we were told the upgrade was not available (we were willing to pay). Therefore, we had mediocre service our entire stay. I will say that the girls working in the "concierge" area were extremely helpful and provided great service. But it was frustrating that we had to encounter constant bad service, then call concierge to complain, and then get good service.

As for food, I did not find any of the restaurants to be good except the Japanese steakhouse and LaToc. Both of those were wonderful. Servers in all the restaurants except those two were not very good, most never smiled. There were a few of the wait staff that was great; I wish I had their names.

We used the spa a couple times. I had a very good mani/pedi and our massages were good. However, if you would like a couple's massage outside they charge you an extra $60 per person and put you out in a cabana on the beach that has no privacy but the white drapes they pull down. You could hear everyone in the pool, at the beach and some of the hotel rooms looked right down on you. They should have warned us what the conditions of being outside were so we would have known it wasn't worth paying the extra money (it was less relaxing that indoors).

We do not plan to return to a Sandals resort after our stay at La Toc.

Room Tip: Get Butler Service or you will have not have any decent service
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer S
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

We regret to hear that your stay at Sandals La Toc did not go as expected. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to all of our valued guests and we are quite disappointed to note that we fell short of meeting this goal. For this, we apologize.
We appreciate your feedback, as we want to perfect all areas of our service and resort so that we can be sure that we are providing our guests with the best vacation experience possible. I have sent you a private message for additional details about your stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We just returned from Sandals La Toc last week where we were married on the beach and spent our honeymoon. After reading several reviews on Tripadvisor over the last 8 months we picked up several tips and things to be aware of on our trip.
No matter what any reviewer says about this or any resort remember your trip is what YOU make it. If you focus on every little detail and every little worry you will never have a great trip.

We arrived on a 4:00 flight from Miami on a Friday afternoon. Customs and baggage was a breeze even though few agents were available to get you through the airport, the process took about 20 minutes. After arriving at the Sandals check-in we were loaded into our private car transfer to the resort (this was included in our Sunset Bluff Room with Butler Service). However that being said I believe you can hire a private car for $140 to take you to the resort, well worth every penny. It includes beer, water, champagne and easy stops to pull over and take pictures. The car was a very nice and clean BMW X3. Sure beats the overcrowded buses! The ride was about 1 hour and we enjoyed it dispite some reviews mentioning washed out roads from the tragiety of the Christmas Eve floods.

Arriving at Sandals Private Check In we were greeted with cold towels and rum punch. A brief check in process and we met our Butlers Tricia & Ficus who walked us to room #11 where our bags had been taken. When we got to our room Champagne was popped and my special request of a bottle of Jack Daniels was on our bar stocked with all mixers and ice. Tricia had taken the liberty to make our reservations for dining for the week and put it on a schedule so not to forget. After a very long day of traveling we unpacked our things (even though they offered to do it for us) and headed out to have a bite for dinner at Cricketeers the sports bar on property. The food was satisfactory (fish n' chips were fresh and delicious) good beer selection. After dinner we made our way to the Friday Night Street Party to catch the Stilt Walkers and Fire Dancers. Although we didn't eat here the food was plentiful and drinks were plentiful.

The next morning, 2 pots of coffee was brought to our room as we had requested and then went for breakfast at Armondos for Ala Carte dining. We ate here every morning as the buffet selections at the main buffet didn't suit us. Chef Ferdinand and his staff at Armondos were fantastic all week and never disappointed. The Sunset Bluff Pool was where we spent our week... Although Tricia and Ficus always had chairs reserved for us at the pool, I think I could understand peoples frustration with all the chairs being reserved for people with butlers. (Hint: If you get to the pool around 7:00 AM and place a magazine and towels on a chair you should have no problems.) That evening it was my wife's 40th birthday. after retuning from the pool Tricia had a birthday cake and champagne delivered to our room, She was AMAZING and really covered every detail for us. We hopped a bus for Sandals Grand and had dinner at Gordon's restaurant (Best Meal of The Week) Beautiful sunset and fantastic food (Sea Bass, Lobster & Filet).
Sunday morning I played golf at La Toc with my caddy Patrick who was a great guy and we had a ton of fun. The course isn't in the best shape but still... I played 3 times throughout the week and requested Patrick each time as my caddy. He made my trip around the course a great pleasure. We hung out at the Sunset Bluff pool all afternoon. The bartenders Stephen & Tasha were so much fun and always around to get us what we needed. All week they took care of us and really made our days poolside. They should be commended for their fantastic service and hospitality. Also, a trainee Alyson should be commended for her attention to every detail to make our days at the pool even better. After too many drinks in the hot sun we had room service that evening and the food was great as always.

Tuesday we did the Zip Line excursion about a 45 minute ride. Richard (Dick) the host and Rufus the driver were the best ever, the entire day was fantastic and who can beat shots of rum on the way back to the resort to pass the time... Team Dick vs. Team PoPo !!! The Zip Line tour itself was awesome... 12 lines of all different speeds and lengths it was well worth the $75 pp.. (Hint: watch out for the spider at the end of the tour, after you return your equipment.) We gave one of the zip line guides our camera and he took some great pictures of us, I tipped him $20 at the end of the tour. Well worth it... and great staff.
Tuesday night we dined at La Toc. Believe it or not our dinner was not that good and the restaurant seemed understaffed and over booked. In reality it took us 3 hours to eat here and not worth it in our opinion. The friends we met during our time there had a completely different experience, wonderful food and fantastic service out the door in 1.5 hours. Just goes to show, it may vary from night to night. We didn't let it ruin our night, remember this is an all-inclusive resort so we went to another restaurant and had a simple meal that was delicious.

Wednesday morning was the same routine... Breakfast, Lunch and then we departed for the sunset catamaran tour with snorkeling at the base of the Pitons. What an amazing and romantic tour. The boat was beautiful and the guides were fantastic. Light food was provided on the way back and an open bar for your enjoyment. We hung out at the back of the boat and watched a nice quite sunset. After sunset, dancing and more drinks on the boat... what a great time.

Thursday was our wedding. We had breakfast in the morning together and then I went golfing. With the wedding at 4:00 we spent the entire day apart per our request, and without Tricia & Ficus our perfect day would have never happened. My wife spent the day getting her hair and nails done by Sparkle at the Spa. She did a wonderful job and my wife really enjoyed her pampering. I know I can't thank everyone who made this day as spectacular as it was but here goes... From months ago when we started planning this wedding the team at Sandals Corporate office did amazing job of making sure we had all documents needed to make this day happen. Our contact Natalie was fantastic. She called at schedueled times about once a month and arranged everything even for a simple wedding with zero guests. She made us feel so special and that every detail was important. At the resort Najma, our wedding planner was spot on with confirming every detail and making sure we were where we needed to be throughout the week. The day of our wedding she was by my wife's side the entire day making sure everything was perfect. Our wedding officiant, Mrs. Kay Jackson was perfect she said everything we wanted her to say and kept me calm on the beach while waiting prior to the ceremony. Najma made sure our custom CD music was ready and played in order at the perfect time. Our first dance was out of a fairy tail book and such was the entire day. I can not put into words how grateful we are to the entire Sandals staff for making this the perfect day the it should be. THANK YOU !!!

The photographer Alvin was equally amazing. He took fantastic pictures that captured our day. The pictures are beautiful and just what you imagine when picturing getting married on a beach in Saint Lucia. Everyone since we have returned has commented on how beautiful they are and how professional they look. The staff really did capture our day to a "T" and gave us everything we wanted and paid for. After pictures, we had a beautiful candlelight dinner on the beach with fantastic food and service.
The next day, Friday, we had an appointment at the Photo Shop with Garry to review and pick our wedding pictures. Garry was unbelievable and attentive to every detail to help us make our decision. He was the best host and a lot of fun as well, very knowledgeable on the process and what our picture package included. The process took about 1.5 hours and when we left we had our pictures on a CD-ROM disk with the promise of an email coming in the next few weeks where we can edit our pictures and begin to build our wedding book to show friends and family. The entire process was seamless and perfect in everyway.

Friday evening we had dinner at Komono's with Sushi before dinner at "Soy" with our new friends. The staff at Soy were amazing (Hint: If available sit at the sushi bar and get to be friendly with Chef Richard, he is awesome and the consummate host.) Although we ate here several times during the week I forgot to get the hostesses name in the kimono at Soy. She should also be commended for her friendliness and gracious smile. Let Richard just send you dinner. Don't order off the menu, he is great at what he does and the only way to try new things that you may normally not try. The rice is supurb and the fish is super fresh and delicious.

Saturday our perfect week came to an end. We had to leave paradise to catch our 4:15 flight back to Pittsburgh via Charlotte. Tricia and Ficus arranged our private car transfer back to the Airport at 12:15. Although they tell you that you must be at the airport 3 hours before your flight next time I would have the driver take his time and stop to sightsee on the way back. The airport is not that big and it seems that it only takes about 35-40 minutes to get to the gate. The airport is small and all 7 gates are together. There is no bar at the airport which I thought was strange but oh well...

In all, this trip was perfect in everyway and the resort was beautiful. We look forward to our return trip in the next few years and will with out a doubt be spending our time at Sandal La Toc again.

Thank you Tricia and Ficus for making this the perfect trip, We will see you again soon !!!

Much Love,
Mr.& Mrs. Lash

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Steve L
Milton, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and i went here for one week in August 2011 for our honeymoon (sry for the late review but I'm just catching up on posting all my trip advisor reviews now as I never got around to it until now). First off, I want to say that the service, amenities and food were great. It is also nice to go to an island that is a little different because it has a rugged interior landscape that allows for activities you would not be able to do in a lot of the Caribbean like zip lining which my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed.

As is typical with Sandals, there is a main pool that is very loud and busy. However, we discovered that there was a small, practically private pool not far off which we spent a lot of time at since almost nobody went there. We also received drinks there that were delivered from the main pool by a very nice waitress. No, if you want to get plastered then the frequency of this service might not be enough for you but if you want to relax like we did then it was perfect. Our only regret is that we did not discover the "private" pool until 3 days before we had to leave. So, anybody reading this that does not want a busy party atmosphere, trust me and go find this pool as soon as you get there. At most you will see a few more couples and you will be relaxed!

I hate to end on a bit of a negative note, but I am sure you might be asking about the beach itself. Well, as far as finding a spot it is not really an issue. The problem is that instead of having big umbrellas, they have these sort of awnings that you can pull partially over the beach chairs. However, in August it is extremely hot on the beach in particular (up to 40 Celsius or higher with humidity) and the awning things, although they protect against sun, they also act like a sauna and make it unbearable to stay under them for long. Unfortunately, the beach is also the least desirable of any Caribbean destination I have been to and I have been to: Turks n Caicos, Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican. The sand is brown (not white) and it is closer to a harder dirt than sand. There are also not a lot of great locations to walk right out into the water and it is not a long beach. Having said all this, you must understand that the climate of St. Lucia is different than other locations so it makes sense that the beach is not nearly as good as other places for no fault of the resort. They do the best with the inlet location that they are in.

I know the last part of this review sounds like a downer but the resort is still very nice and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our second trip to St Lucia and stay at Sandals LaToc. As I wrote in last year’s review, we liked it so much we signed up to come back before we left last year. We visited in December I'm just now finding time to do a review..
Most everything was just as good as or better than last year.
Food - We felt the food was actually better and it was very good last year. The only area we think could still be improved is the lunch and evening buffet. It is good but not nearly as good as the food at Neptune’s for lunch or the restaurants for dinner. The French/gourmet and the hibachi restaurants take reservations and we made reservations for them on our first day but still had some trouble getting nights and times we wanted. We had to decide our schedule for other things we wanted to do to know when we could eat at these restaurants. (It is kind of bad to have to be planning a schedule on your vacation but there is a lot to do.) Anyway my point is don’t delay in making reservations for these 2 restaurants.
Watch out - We were told that the restaurants like Piton and Neptune’s don’t take reservations. When we arrived at the Piton one night we didn’t get there till about 7:30 and were told they couldn’t seat us until 9p. We decided to try Neptune’s and met with the same thing. However, we could see many empty 4 person tables at Neptune’s. At first we were told they couldn’t seat us (2) at a 4 person table, but we pretty much insisted and finally the staff person relented and gave us a table. There continued to be a few empty tables during the time it took us to finish our meal. We were told that people show up at 6:30 and when they can’t seat everyone they take names for later times for people. Also the butlers apparently can make reservations for their guests. The next day we mentioned the situation to one of the food managers. It didn’t seem like a good system to us. It’s almost like people without butlers can’t count on eating a these restaurants at all or only late in the evening. As for taking names at 6:30 for a later table, that information should be provided in the orientation. We didn’t run into this issue last year so I don’t know what changed or whether they will try something different in the future.
There is a new sushi restaurant Soy. We didn’t eat there but we heard it was very good.
My husband went scuba diving again this year and liked the site that he went to this year better than last year. W also snorkeled at a different site at the base of one of the Pitons and it was very good. We saw a spotted eel! This year Sandals offered a snorkeling trip with a beach barbeque for $50 each. A regular snorkeling trip is part of the all inclusive. We paid the extra and did the combo and enjoyed it very much. We checked out Marigot Bay from the boat, snorkeled, watched the sunset and had burgers, brats, shish kabobs and beer at the base of one of the Pitons. You have to unload into the water for a short walk to the beach and the same to get back to the boat. It was all fun.
We played golf this year. This was also a fun way to spend a few hours. Our caddies were helpful and fun. We took our shoes gloves but not any clubs. So we rented. It would probably be better to pay to take an extra bag for clubs, rather than rent. Especially if you think you’ll play several times.
We booked a garden view room which was the lowest cost room available. We were upgraded to an ocean view room with a balcony. The rooms in the buildings around the pool complex are all about the same size, the difference is in the view and whether you get a balcony. We have not stayed in the suite buildings on the hill. We like the convenience of the rooms close to the pool and restaurants. We enjoy walking up to the Italian restaurant and the sunset view at the pool at the top of the hill.

If you really want to do other water activities such as the boards and hobie cats, you may be disappointed at LaToc. This year the red flag was out all week. There were some huge waves. someone told us the depth of the water and other factors made it rough at LaToc. Both Halcyon and the Grand would be calmer.

My review from our Dec. 2012 trip was very detailed but isn't easily accessible now.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Avelave
Sarnia, On
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I will begin by saying that I was very excited to book this trip and was looking forward to going to a sandals' now, I will never return to one again. Very disappointing!! Overrated and overpriced for what is promised compared to what is actually included. We have travelled to other countries and stayed at other all inclusive, including Dreams, Riu's and Excellence , and found that this resort was not even close to the others. We went with 2 other couples, one I had to convince to give Sandals another try and we were all disappointed. There are many things that went wrong right from the moment we got there including 2 of us being booked the wrong rooms, they would never accommodate a table of 6, even though many tables were empty and were told to go to another restaurant or told that they do not like having tables of 6 because it would be to loud etc etc... One couple even cancelled their Dec. booking to a Sandals. Our transfer arrangement to and from the resort were beat up old taxi's that water from the AC in the van was dripping all over us. I had to ask for extra water in our room every day or night.They are more disappointing details that I don't want to waste my time on this resort. Needless to say over priced and overrated Unless you have a butler, be prepared to be frustrated and disappointed, their website looks good though. NOW, the only thing attractive about this resort is the island of St. Lucia, the country is beautiful and the people are amazing, We will return soon, to another resort.
What makes this resort is the workers, the staff that care so much about you and your stay. George at the pool deck/bar was awesome!! Cassandra and I can't remember her name, she helped me with "halo" were excellent servers. Jeremiah at the pub, simply amazing service. Sandra at Bella Napoli's, Lillianna at Le Pitons and Sherilee at the pavilion restaurants stood out with their beautiful smiles and great attitudes. I can't for Marquis at Armando's along with Mattia and Kietha. I cant forget Niceir, the entertainment leader, love the hair. last but not least Krishner at the Pavillion bar, and Joseph at La Toc. If it wasn't for these people, the trip would have been a completed waste. These are the people that make the difference, not Sandals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank gismot
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your review of Sandals La Toc.
We regret to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations. Because of that, please accept my apologies. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your input is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

We are grateful for feedback, inclusive of TripAdvisor posts, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!