After you get through the check-in mess that most guest have been posting about, it wasn;t a bad trip. Like so many others before us, we anticipated a check-in problem. The Sandals Corp. Office gave us a room upgrade and posted it on my reservation due to not honoring their Military Discount (since I already paid in full, they wouldn't refund the discount). When I checked in at Concierge, I got the expected run around that all upgraded rooms were not available. Not taking their word for it, I had to go through two other levels of management (that's how they introduced them) until Jeanette from the front desk honored our upgrade. We did have to stay in the original room one night though. Our traveling friends were also bumped out of their reserved rooms into another. They were told it was an upgrade, however the rooms were less expensive.
Now for some good: The hotel is a great property. The layout gives you so many different looks. It is well worth the $$ to upgrade OUT of the main building. The rooms there were clean and well appointed, except the beds were like concrete. The other buildings had very nice beds.
The main pool was very crowded. We were up on the bluff and used it a few times, but difficult finding chairs, even going down at 6:30am, as most are reserved by butlers. The middle pool was usually secluded. Now bar next to it, but a server makes the rounds there. All pools were very cold. No solar heating system used like most Caribbean resorts I have visited.
Food was fantastic!! Most All-Inclusive resorts give you good food, but theirs was exceptional in both taste and presentation. We sampled every restaurant. Advice: Order all courses and it's OK to double up on appetizers, etc. The portions are small, but delicious. Drinks were very good. Selection wasn't all top shelf, but better than a lot of AI resorts. If you're a beer drinker you have two choices: Heineken and Piton (local).
DON'T COME HERE JUST TO GOLF. My friends chose this resort because they were repeat Sandals vacationers and the "supposed" All-Inclusive Golf. I have golf around the world and at other A-I golf properties. The small course had a great layout. Challenging with tight fairways and a monster par5 uphill. The caddies were great guys. New the course and greens very well.
Gold is however, NOT ALL INCLUSIVE. They publish "no green fees", but you are charged a "caddie fee" of which doesn't go to the caddies (the work for tips). You pay for carts if you don't walk. We grabbed several beers from the cooler during our round, to learn later, beverages are not included. How do you have an All Inclusive Golf, when nothing is included???
If you want to golf on the island, you must golf St. Lucia Country Club. 30 min from La Toc and 5 min from Sandals Grand. Great layout of blind shots, doglegs, etc...
We also took an island tour. Originally we were going to take the Joe Knows Tour, but opted for one of the private taxis to take our group (6) for all day at $50pp (7 hours) and included everything the Joe Knows did, except we bought our own lunch at a small fishing village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries