My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary at La Toc and we were excited to spend time at another Sandals, as we had spent our honeymoon at Sandals Antigua. La Toc was AWESOME...I have NO idea what the bad reviews are talking about, and in all honesty, please do not read those bad reviews. Top to bottom, our experience at La Toc was fabulous. Here is the breakdown:
Going through customs and whatnot was a breeze. We opted for a private car through Real St. Lucian Tours and the ride was fabulous. Sammy was our driver and for $70 he provided water, a tour of the island as we made our hour long journey, and a safe ride to the hotel. Was defintely worth every penny!
No pressure, no problem!! (The island saying!). We were given a cool towel and a class of champagne and in 15 minutes, we were in our room. We had the beachfront walkout (room 130) and it was perfect. We would trek to the main pool and beach right though our patio door!
The beachfront walkout is really the way to go if you see yourself by the pool/beach all day. It was great to sit and have coffee in the morning, walk 10 feet to breakfast in the Pavillion, then hop in in the pool. Our tub was a Jacuzzi tub, the bed although hard was VERY comfy, and the room was always spotless and clean after housekeeping service.
SO much fun! The playmakers (LOVE Dara, Ryan, and Tard! they did a GREAT job both poolside and at night!!) do a great job of getting people involved. We participated in almost every poolside game, played pool basketball and pool volleyball everyday, and socialized with so many people. The guys at the main pool bar were awesome, big shout out to Miguel and Dylan for always taking time to laugh with us and serve us.
Yes, the waves are rough. If you can't swim very well or withstand the big waves, please be careful. We say 3 different European women get knocked over by the waves and struggle to get up. The Grande beach was a lot calmer and tranquil, but the Grande did not have very nice or socialable guests :/ And YES, there are vendors from other tour groups that try to sell you on tours, but if you are NICE and strike up friendly conversation with them, you can actually learn a lot about the island. Once we decline a tour, we were never bothered for a tour again and they actually said hello to us when we were spotted. Being nice doesn't cost a thing people!!
We actually had a GREAT time at night!! We are in our early 30s and the other couples we spent the week with ranged from their mid 20s to early 40s and we ALWAYS found something to do. Again, the playmakers do a great job with the night shows in the Pavilion. Each night is themed and there is a live band. Them, everyone makes their way to Herbie's where Top 40, Hip Hop, etc is played. We had a blast each night at Herbie's! Cricketeers is also a fun place to hang out at night, and the staff (Gibson and Tyla you guys are awesome!!).
Breakfast at the Pavilion is ok, we are used to the breakfast at the Sandals Antigua, which was a bit better than La Toc, but still good! Armondos was our favorite, the antipasta bar was great. Didn't really like Neptunes all that much though. The dishes were just not that yummy! We never got to try Pitons but we heard it was good. Kimonos was good and very fun, depending if the others in your group get into it. Soy was our other fav place, the sushi is to die for!!! Taps at the Pavilion were so good, you MUST try the chicken garbonzo stew. La Toc was ok...I didn't see what all the rave was! Maria at La Toc was hilarious and very friendly!!!
You MUST MUST MUST do this tour!!! BK and JR were amazing and the places you see are quite breathtaking. They make the trip so fun and really get into entertaining everyone on the boat. We went into a mud bath, then a beautiful waterfall. We then had an AMAZING buffet Carribean lunch and went snorkeling. They even take pictures of you and your spouse for you with your cameras so you can get some great shots!
Everyone is so so friendly. No matter who you walk by, all of the staff greet you with a "hello". Again, I have no idea what the bad reviews are talking about!! They must have not been the most friendly, humble guests.
-In our opinion, you really do not need a butler service. All the reviews about not getting good friendly service without have a butler is BULL!
-Get to know the other people staying at the resort!! We met 3 other couples and hung out with them the whole week. We went on the Joe Knows together, played pool games, and went to dinner/nightlife all together. It really makes your trip so much fun.
-We didn't have a problem getting a chair at the pool or the beach. If you are up by at least 10am, you will have no issues finding something.
-Check out the pool near Armondos. The view is amazing! Its much more quiet than the main pool, but still nice to check out.
-The ride to the airport was not bad at all. The drivers stop and let you take some last minute pics. Be sure to tip him but DO NOT let the men at the airport with the red caps take you bags, They will wait there for a tip until you do so!!
-The Grande was ok....nice to visit, but the guests staying there did not seem very friendly or social. The pool and beach there are beautiful, but we are SO glad we chose La Toc.
-Participate in as much of the activities as you can. It was so great having the playmakers know us by name the whole week!
We were very happy that we chose La Toc!!! We had such a wonderful time and it is really a beautiful island. We are excited to try out another Sandals next year. You really really cannot go wrong with Sandals :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries