We went to a travel agent to help decide between a few Sandals resorts for our Honeymoon. We ultimately ended up picking this one because she said it was quieter than the Grande and was in a nice location. We also needed help deciding on a room. She convinced my husband that the Butler room with a pool was the way to go (I wanted the pool my husband thought it was unnecessary).
Flash forward to arrival- we arrived at the airport with no problems. We were pushed towards the Sandals lounge (do not let the porters take your bags its not that far and they ASK you for a tip after). We had a private transfer, which was very nice after being on a plane all day. The driver drove a bit crazy and the roads are very curvy- hello motion sickness!
We got to the hotel and were taken to the Butler's/Concierge lounge where we checked in. As we waited for our Butler to take us to our room they had rum punch and sandwiches. The Butler came and introduced himself and gave us some instruction and information. He had made reservations for a few locations already for us. He informed us that the restaurant across the street from the room was great and close for our first night. We ate at Armando's that night and crashed soon after. Don the Butler walked us over there and everything, such a great new experience.
The rest of the week went by so fast! The food was great everywhere. The sun comes up so early, that you get up and get your day started way before you would here in the US (you also want to go to bed earlier lol). We were up between 5-7am and in the ocean/pool by 830 most mornings. As long as you goto the pool after breakfast you are able to get a chair fairly easily. The Butler can go put out towels, but we only asked once. We found chairs easily in the mornings and even most of the time in the afternoons. Overall great experience everywhere with the staff.
There are only two types of beer avaliable- Piton (a local dirty tasting light beer) and Heineken. There are four house wines that are pretty good, but you are mostly stuck with liquor if you want alcohol. NOT COOL! It took my husband 3 days to find a liquor drink that he could take more than 2 sips of and I dealt with it, but I DO NOT like liquor that much and would have much preferred a good beer.
It also rained the morning of our second day. Not a big deal, except the frame around the sliding door started to leak. Not because it was coming through the top of the door, it was coming through the overhanging part of the actual WALL. Told the Butler lounge and the Butler. Said maintenance was going to fix it- did not look any different- plus i'm not sure how they would fix leaking through paint and part of the wall in less than one day????? Some of the other repair work was very off also. It did not necessary affect our stay, but after paying OVER $8,000, you expect a little more!!
Our personal pool was COLD as ice every time I tried to get in it. I only jumped in one day because we had been out walking around and I sucked it up and jumped right in. They should have warmers or something, especially since the sun only hit it in the morning, but I would have loved to use it in the afternoon after we were tired from the main pool.
Some days they were slow to replace towels after they had taken old ones.
Great experience overall, but for the price, I could have seen better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries