Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Youngstown, Ohio
“paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This resort is one of the friendliest resorts I have ever visited. If you ever needed to find a haven, this would not be a bad choice. I recently came back (Sept 2013) from this treasure in the carribean. At first, it seemed like I was not going to like what appeared to be just an average vacation choice, but after getting through customs at a very little airport(35 miles away), I decided to let the resort speak for itself. I was NOT dissatisfied. The people are just the greatest, friendly islanders ever. They thrive at making your stay impossible to not like. I would recommend this SANDALS resort above the other two on the island, because it was an all-inclusive vacation, and to me was was worth it..... you don't have to pay for most anything. I spent only 230.00 my entire trip after flight/hotel payment. I HAD THE BUTLER SUITE.

Room Tip: The Butler Suite is the greatest, but not the only way to go. Review the options as they are offered...
2 Thank Traveler19492013
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of Sandals La Toc! We are happy to hear of your delightful stay at our resort. The staff members are a great group of warm and hospitable individuals, who always take a special interest in doing all they can to secure the best experience for our guests. We provide everything needed to have a fantastic vacation, all you have to do is relax!
We look forward to welcoming you back to your very own paradise! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,759)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We just got back from our stay at La Toc and loved it!

We thought it was the perfect amount of relaxation and activities. The trip to the resort from the airport was just over an hour and a great opportunity to see other parts of the island you would not normally see. Our driver was great and we didn't have any issues with the air conditioning in the shuttle not working as others have mentioned, but I guess that depends on who you get. The food and drinks were great, we are not picky eaters by any means and enjoyed every meal we had. We loved lunch at Neptunes as well as dinner there and at Pitons by the piano bar. There are cats around as stated in other reviews but they did not bother us at all. The drinks everywhere were great and top shelf liquor is available upon request at no extra charge. We really enjoyed The Cricketers Pub and Tasha at the pool bar made awesome drinks. The beach is rough but we prefer the pool so that didn't bother us...if you want a calm beach or want to do water sports visit the Grand for a day.

If you visit St. Lucia you HAVE to do the Joe Knows tour! It was the highlight of our stay. We also hiked Gros Piton which was challenging to say the least. There wasn't much information on this excursion so we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. It is more like climbing than hiking....but it was worth the view at the end, just don't book anything the next day, you will be sore! I agree with other reviewers that the wifi is terrible and should be included with the cost of the room. We got a couples massage at the spa which was nice but too expensive. We did not have a butler and the only downfall to that was that we couldn't get into Kimonos during our stay. We were disappointed to request a reservation on Wednesday and were told they were booked through the rest of our stay which was the following Monday...but we wouldn't let that ruin our trip. You definitely don't need a butler to enjoy your stay here and even without one we never had an issue getting pool chairs.

All in all we loved our stay at La Toc and would recommend this to anyone! If you go, we know you will love your time in St. Lucia!

1 Thank Brittany N
We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay at Sandals La Toc, Brittany! We agree, it is an awesome resort that allows our guest to have the perfect balance of relaxation and fun activities! With many romantic settings to explore it is a favorite location of many newlyweds. With the added bonus of being able to enjoy the other two Sandals properties, this resort truly gives the guest the best of everything!
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently got back from honeymoon at the Le Toc. We had a great time! We took the helicopter from the airport which was great as I suffer with travel sickness. We stayed in a honeymoon room with our own private pool which was nice. The only thing was it was a good bit away from the hotel and up a hill. We had a major problem with the amount of cats that where around. Especially when they where in the pavilion and Neptune restaurants that really put us off from eating in those places as we weren't comfortable and the staff seemed to think it was ok for the cats to wonder about through the restaurants. We ate in Kimonos twice which was really nice and good fun. We reserved la toc three nights in advance and when we got there at 8pm for our reservation we where told our names weren't on the list. The lady behind the desk asked us could we come back in an hour which we said no to. So she eventually said 15 mins. This was very embarrassing as there where people behind us. We went down to the concierge where we booked the restaurant to explain what happened. They said sorry that it was there fault. When the girl behind the desk in la toc told us to come back in an hour she told us she was booked up. We went up and had our meal in la toc it was fantastic. The nicest food we tasted while we where there. The service was great but the only problem was when we where having our meal there was 8 tables occupied and the girl at the front desk had told us thy where booked up for the night and embarrassed us at the desk by asking us to come back. The nightlife was a bit dull, it was a great night in the cricketers bar on the Friday night. The staff in there where so friendly and nice especially Gibson and Jeremiah . We went there most evenings. We went to Armando's for lunch one day, we got there at 12.30 when it opened. There was 6 people in the restaurant and we where waiting 40 mins for our starters. I used the spa three times, I had a facial and two massages that where really nice but the staff in the spa where a bit much. One day I asked to look at a brochure for the spa at the reception desk and they sent two girls up to the reception too sit us down and go through the brochure. They where very pushy and I ended up not bothering booking anything that day. We did have a good stay here but we where expecting it to be a lot better tan it was!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle25Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice location beautiful beach the pool is ok not enough parasol's around for everybody to use guess they like the uncluttered look, the butler service looks good but sadly they take most of the parasol's for their clients, and they sit unused all day, also they have small ice boxes for the butler clients to use which have glass bottles in which seem to end up all around the pool deck, which I feel is a serious accident waiting to happen.
Food is excellent can't complain but the drinks are over iced so two slurps in and you hit the ice.
Other gripe is the WiFi not free !! And you get messages saying too many subscribers online try later, really I'm paying extra for something that doesnt work when you want to use it come on guys $40+ a week and you have to wait till later ??
On the whole a nice break the British were quiet and the Canadian/Americans a tad loud

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Can't begin to express the disappointment with Sandals. I write this only to tell you for future planning purposes. I will never go to that resort again. As far as the Island, ocean, reefs, fish, beaches, etc... Some of the best I have been at. As far as the resort; service horrible, people unfriendly, rooms small, all inclusive (they have no idea what that means), etc...

The porter showed us to our room. When he opened the door it hit the wall. No joke. Across from the entry door was the coffee center and door was open to it. Had to push door closed to get into the room. The room was a bed. Had to walk around the bed to get to bathroom. Had to move away from door and bed to open bathroom door to get into bathroom. The porter said there is a closet but he stated he wasn't familiar with this room so he couldn't show me where it was.

People were un friendly and didn't talk. I would ask questions and they directed me to another person to get answers. Crazy questions like "where is the ice machine?" & "where can I get more hangers?".

All well drinks, bottom shelve rut gut alcohol. They would have one bottle of mid-shelve alcohol displayed. You had to ask for it and when bottle was empty there was no more. But magically there was a new one there the next day. Also caught them watering drinks at pool bar. When confronted he said there is water in the ice because its hot. Glass of vodka with a splash of orange juice and I could barely taste the vodka. You had to drink house wine. A $7 bottle of a simple white zim. in states was considered a high dollar item at $43.00 a bottle.

While waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner (two hours usually) I got to enjoy all six channels on the TV. According to the room information they had 40 channels including HBO and Showtime. I know we are in the islands who would want to watch TV. Well if your a man you know you have to wait for your better half to get ready.

Butler service! Didn't want a stranger to un-pack my bag. Don't like the thoughts of owning a slave for the week. So I didn't want that service. Didn't know I was going to be treated different because of it. We were not allowed to sit together with friends that got Butler service in some restaurants. We were not allowed to even go to other restaurants. Told no room service because we didn't pay for Butler. Was advised by management that they make three times the amount of money from people that pay for Butler service then people that don't so they get the better treatment. Can you believe that? Never was told I was less of a guest because I didn't pay enough. When I told the management that I paid more for the trip then our friends with the butler service due to time of the booking she stated "Ok". Yes and management also stated that you pay more for the safety of this resort. She stated because other resorts like in Mexico you are in danger of crime. So we charge more here for safety. Bottom line is I was in a constant state of humiliation through out the entire time at the resort because I didn't upgrade the package. I was told there was 21 (yes twenty one) levels of service. I only paid for the top area but a lower level package. I was advised somewhere around the 16 level. Can you imagine if I went cheaper. I would most likely be doing dishes and also helping to clean the pool.

The only thing I can say is that I paid twice (2 times) the amount of money for this trip then the other resorts I have visited. I did have a good time but largely due to the friends I was with. I guess Sandals advertising that they are the best paid off with that lie. Only problem is that I will never go back and I will tell everyone I can not to go there and stick with the cheaper un-advertised resorts.

Room Tip: If you have to go to Sandals, pay the highest amount possible to avoid being treated like a low life...
13 Thank Keith F
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We regret to hear that your stay was not as expected. We strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. Our staff goes through 120 hours of rigorous training each year to ensure we are providing excellent guest experiences. We have many guests that boast of our luxurious inclusions, water sports, fine dining, accommodations and quality of staff but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your feedback is appreciated.
I assure you that no matter what level of accommodation you choose to book, we value all of our guests without exception. We do not view a Butler guest as being being "more important" but they have chosen to pay for an extra service that we happily provide. I am sorry that you felt any discomfort in this regard, as that is in no way our intention.
We do request that while on resort you notify us of anything that does not meet your standards. We are always willing to work with you to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was money well spent.

Thank you once again for your review.
Walworth, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My newly wedded wife and I went on our honeymoon at Sandals La Toc. We were impressed from the minute we got there! Our butlers, William and Christus were the absolute BEST! My wife has a severe allergy to dairy. She can't even come in contact with it or she will have a reaction. It is so bad that when I eat anything dairy, I can't even kiss her for at least an hour. As soon as we arrived, our butler took us to meet the executive chef of the entire resort. His name was Valmore Brown. We went into his office and explained my wife's allergy and how severe it was. He took it upon himself to personally cook for my wife, every single meal. He would ask her what she wanted to eat, WHATEVER she wanted, he would make it for her each day. In the morning, he would personally come out to our table and ask her what she wanted, even though she wanted the same thing every day. It made her so comfortable which made me extremely happy. We even went to a restaurant at a different Sandals resort and he made calls to the chef to guarantee there would be no issues at the other resort. I can't explain how helpful he was and how much he made our experience an awesome one. The resort staff was friendly and helpful. They do activities throughout the day that are very fun such as pool olympics, volleyball, bocce ball, all sorts of stuff. I see other people complain about mosquitoes in their room and room service coming early and it shocks me. You are in the caribbean near rain forests, obviously there will be bugs, especially if you open up your windows and doors to see beautiful views. There is a privacy light you can put on your door so that no one disturbs you. We went to the Sandals Grande and had a good time one day, but we made the right choice on where to stay, La Toc was much more what we wanted. I would recommend St Lucia as a must see in your lifetime, and La Toc is the place to stay, with a Butler room!

Room Tip: Get the butler room. You get a phone to contact a butler for ANYTHING you might ever need.
Garden City, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This trip was a celebration of our 30th Wedding Anniversary and a birthday. We are still lamenting that we could not stay longer. What’s not to love about a place that is beautiful, lush, well run, and friendly from the main desk to the transportation chief? Even the daily rain shower was inconsequential.
We reported a mildew situation in our first room when we arrived, the staff confirmed the situation and we were relocated within 20 minutes to an upgraded accommodation on the 4th floor of the building that overlooks the Pavilion. The room had an unobstructed view of the ocean with a walk out balcony. Don’t be turned off by the view from the entrance to the room (we looked out at a wall that was obscuring some heavy duty cooling equipment), there was absolutely no noise in our sleeping quarters. Side benefit: Each morning we awoke to the smell of fresh baked pastries.
Rooms adjacent to the pool area and Pavilion, we were told, did indeed hear the music and entertainment – if you go to sleep before 11, this might be an issue.
As for the restaurants, we enjoyed La Toc where the service was top-notch and the manager was delightful. We dined three times at Armando’s and got to know Fabrizio, the new chef who certainly knows how to cook northern Italian (NOT your typical “spaghetti and meatballs” Italian place…) We were disappointed that Pitons was closed, even though the daily activity sheet did not reflect this, so we rebooked La Toc a second time. The Pavilion buffets were good, though an occasional steam-table dish was cold (skip the French toast, go right to the egg station…) Kimonos was a fairly typical hibachi restaurant, complete with chef-patter, much clanging of tools, and some old jokes. It’s worth one visit (two if you want to hear the same jokes a second time.) Neptunes was a great place for a beach-side burger. In all, for an all-inclusive, the food was commendable, and at least a notch above cruise-faire.
Raide-the playmaker- was personable, dedicated, and a lot of fun. He is a real gem and sets the bar high for the others. George, who handled drinks at the pool, was a really cool guy who took special care of us, but then he does that for everyone - it’s his work ethic and personality. Mr. Marquis made everyone who entered the Pavilion for a meal feel like arriving royalty. Every server, manager, and chef that we met was gracious, accommodating, and they were all very happy doing what they do. Had to remind housekeeping to leave extra bath products and washcloths/hand towels on more than one occasion, but that was immediately handled.
Nightly entertainment was a bit uneven – the Talent Show was a struggle since half the guests gathered instead in Cricketers Pub to watch the NFL season opener! The Friday night street party – including fire eaters – was quite a show.
The golf course was adequate to scratch the golf-itch but during the wet season it was awfully wet – bring extra balls.

Room Tip: look for a Beach View up the hill by Kimonos, same side.
2 Thank LKGK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!