“Catering to your allergies”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Walworth, New York, United States
“Catering to your allergies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My newly wedded wife and I went on our honeymoon at Sandals La Toc. We were impressed from the minute we got there! Our butlers, William and Christus were the absolute BEST! My wife has a severe allergy to dairy. She can't even come in contact with it or she will have a reaction. It is so bad that when I eat anything dairy, I can't even kiss her for at least an hour. As soon as we arrived, our butler took us to meet the executive chef of the entire resort. His name was Valmore Brown. We went into his office and explained my wife's allergy and how severe it was. He took it upon himself to personally cook for my wife, every single meal. He would ask her what she wanted to eat, WHATEVER she wanted, he would make it for her each day. In the morning, he would personally come out to our table and ask her what she wanted, even though she wanted the same thing every day. It made her so comfortable which made me extremely happy. We even went to a restaurant at a different Sandals resort and he made calls to the chef to guarantee there would be no issues at the other resort. I can't explain how helpful he was and how much he made our experience an awesome one. The resort staff was friendly and helpful. They do activities throughout the day that are very fun such as pool olympics, volleyball, bocce ball, all sorts of stuff. I see other people complain about mosquitoes in their room and room service coming early and it shocks me. You are in the caribbean near rain forests, obviously there will be bugs, especially if you open up your windows and doors to see beautiful views. There is a privacy light you can put on your door so that no one disturbs you. We went to the Sandals Grande and had a good time one day, but we made the right choice on where to stay, La Toc was much more what we wanted. I would recommend St Lucia as a must see in your lifetime, and La Toc is the place to stay, with a Butler room!

Room Tip: Get the butler room. You get a phone to contact a butler for ANYTHING you might ever need.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,758)
Garden City, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This trip was a celebration of our 30th Wedding Anniversary and a birthday. We are still lamenting that we could not stay longer. What’s not to love about a place that is beautiful, lush, well run, and friendly from the main desk to the transportation chief? Even the daily rain shower was inconsequential.
We reported a mildew situation in our first room when we arrived, the staff confirmed the situation and we were relocated within 20 minutes to an upgraded accommodation on the 4th floor of the building that overlooks the Pavilion. The room had an unobstructed view of the ocean with a walk out balcony. Don’t be turned off by the view from the entrance to the room (we looked out at a wall that was obscuring some heavy duty cooling equipment), there was absolutely no noise in our sleeping quarters. Side benefit: Each morning we awoke to the smell of fresh baked pastries.
Rooms adjacent to the pool area and Pavilion, we were told, did indeed hear the music and entertainment – if you go to sleep before 11, this might be an issue.
As for the restaurants, we enjoyed La Toc where the service was top-notch and the manager was delightful. We dined three times at Armando’s and got to know Fabrizio, the new chef who certainly knows how to cook northern Italian (NOT your typical “spaghetti and meatballs” Italian place…) We were disappointed that Pitons was closed, even though the daily activity sheet did not reflect this, so we rebooked La Toc a second time. The Pavilion buffets were good, though an occasional steam-table dish was cold (skip the French toast, go right to the egg station…) Kimonos was a fairly typical hibachi restaurant, complete with chef-patter, much clanging of tools, and some old jokes. It’s worth one visit (two if you want to hear the same jokes a second time.) Neptunes was a great place for a beach-side burger. In all, for an all-inclusive, the food was commendable, and at least a notch above cruise-faire.
Raide-the playmaker- was personable, dedicated, and a lot of fun. He is a real gem and sets the bar high for the others. George, who handled drinks at the pool, was a really cool guy who took special care of us, but then he does that for everyone - it’s his work ethic and personality. Mr. Marquis made everyone who entered the Pavilion for a meal feel like arriving royalty. Every server, manager, and chef that we met was gracious, accommodating, and they were all very happy doing what they do. Had to remind housekeeping to leave extra bath products and washcloths/hand towels on more than one occasion, but that was immediately handled.
Nightly entertainment was a bit uneven – the Talent Show was a struggle since half the guests gathered instead in Cricketers Pub to watch the NFL season opener! The Friday night street party – including fire eaters – was quite a show.
The golf course was adequate to scratch the golf-itch but during the wet season it was awfully wet – bring extra balls.

Room Tip: look for a Beach View up the hill by Kimonos, same side.
2 Thank LKGK
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have just just returned from a week long vacation (7 to 14 Sep 2013) at Sandals La Toc Golf and Spa resort. Great resort and very friendly staff. However, the access to the wireless Internet system really sucks and needs to be improved. At the current all inclusive ??? rate this services should be included and will cost you an extra $42 for the week. The staff are very friendly as mentioned, however do not seem to be able to controll /or discipline people drinking to much at the pool bar and making absolute fools of themselves and disturbing the rest of the people that would like to appreciate the fantastic vacation spot.

Room Tip: It is worth getting a room with a sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals La Toc.
Whiles we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort and were very pleased by the service you received from our staff members but we are disappointed that you were even slightly unsatisfied.
We do encourage whiles on property that our guests to notify us of anything that does not meet their standards. We want all of our guests to be able to enjoy their stay with us and to be comfortable. We are always willing to work with you to reach a reasonable solution for all.
We appreciate your feedback.
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed September 7th through September 13th for our honeymoon.

Pros:
- Only people 18 and older can stay at this resort
- Friendly staff
- Had three different pools

Cons:
- Almost a two hour drive from the UVF airport to the resort
- Food wasn't anything special
- Mosquito in the rooms
- Night life is not very good
- House keeping came at the worse times ever

Our first room we stayed at was room 22 on the Sunset Bluff with an ocean view room. I enjoyed the room but it was incredibly hot in the room. On Monday we went zip lining and while in the lobby waiting for the bus to come pick us up someone from the desk asked us to write down any concerns we had. I wrote down that it was really hot in the room and she asked if we wanted someone from maintenance to come and look at the air conditioner so we said yes. When we got back from zip lining we were already hot so we were hoping that the room would be cool. When we returned the unit was off which made it hotter in the room then it was outside. We were right across from the club lounge so we went to speak to the staff. They said someone came to look at the unit but it did not seem like they did anything to fix it so we asked them to move our room. The lady said we were moved to a room that was 5 categories better then the one we were in currently. I was not impressed with the room and was glad I did not pay the extra money in the first place to book a room like that. The new room was so much cooler then our first room so we were happy about that. In our new room there were mosquito and my legs and arms got bit over and over which I was not very happy about. For the amount of money paid for our first room it was clean but for the amount of money someone would pay for the new room they moved us to, I don't feel the upkeep is enough. The sheets had some stains on them and the refrigerator had a dead spider in it. House keeping always came at the worse time ever. Some morning they came at 7:30 - 8:00. We are on vacation which means we would like to sleep in. Some people may like to wake up early but I think 7:30 is way too early for house keeping to be knocking on the door. Not to mention they would knock one time and then let themselves in. You have to give someone time to open the door especially if you are sleeping in the bed. The following day after moving rooms we just got to the room after going to the pool and we sat down to watch TV which was interrupted by loud jack hammering. Once again my husband went to the club lounge to speak to someone. The lady informed us that they left a note in our room which we did not receive. She said oh it was left at your old room. They knew our room was moved the previous day so the lady should have informed us about the construction that was going to be happening. As far as the food goes I did not feel it was anything worth while. The best thing I had to eat while being there was at La Toc which is the French restaurant which requires reservations. All in all I was not impressed with the resort. This was our first experience with an all inclusive and probably our last. We go on two or three cruises a year and I think from now on we will stick with cruises. The views were beautiful but there are not too many activities throughout the day to keep you entertained.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Sunset Bluff are away from the main lobby. You can walk down the hill to the main lobby...
2 Thank jlb062588
We regret to hear that your stay was not as expected. We strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. Our staff goes through 120 hours of rigorous training each year to ensure we are providing excellent guest experiences. We have many guests that boast of our luxurious inclusions, water sports, fine dining, accommodations and quality of staff but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your feedback is appreciated.
We extend our sincerest regret for any disruption during your honeymoon as a result of the renovations that were being done at the resort. I know that it is always a bit difficult when there are renovations taking place but we try our best to make provisions to ease the tension. We apologize for any miscommunication that took place in informing you of any work being done nearby.
I will be forwarding your concerns to the relevant resort departments so that other guests do not have similar feedback. Thank you for your review.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Sandals La Toc is a great place to stay in St. Lucia. It is about 1:15 van ride from the airport to the hotel along a scenic, but curvy countryside. Once you arrive at the resort be ready to relax. I felt every station, bar, spa, restaurant was overstaffed to be sure everyone enjoyed their experience. They have many room options and depending on reason for visit (honeymoon, getaway, anniversary) they have a room for you. My wife and I celebrated an anniversary and selected a room with beach & pool view. It was great, on the end/corner that out the balcony we could see the beach and while standing on the balcony, we could see the pool. The room fridge was stalked daily with Cokes, water, and juices!

Room Tip: selected a room with beach & pool view. It was great, on the end/corner that out the balcony we...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Here is the most accurate description of my trip:

Airport transfer in private car was not bad, I don't typically get car sick but this made me Nauseas and diZZY.

When we arrived were taken into a butler suite greet room and quickly taken to our room where our butler seemed annoyed with all my questions. I called before we came about reservations (told you dont need to do that in advance) only to hear once here, well that's booked up- only after complaining was I given reservations at Gordon's.

It seemed clear they were trying to keep you from the grande, once I got there I found out why- it's 1000x nicer then la toc. When I booked they said la toc was the nicest- not true. Our bathroom is also not what was In the pictures considering we are paying $1000 a night you would think 2 people could fit in a tub. That special turn down service they mention from other reviewers - not for us- we had to ask to have the dirty towels taken out in the evening.

The grande is simply put a nicer resort. La toc is on a mountain and you have to take a shuttle to get to everything - it's super annoying. The grounds are pretty but pack your bug spray!

About the all inclusive, if you don't have a butler you can't have room service. Golf, snorkeling, and scuba aren't really free. We paid $50 each to snorkel and scuba and they are not safe- they took me out and the group in a rip tide and we all had to be saved. They haven't even offered to refund the money!

The all inclusive includes food and certain alcohol. If you don't have a butler be prepared to get up early for pool chairs. Even though we had one, we still got bad seats because our butler had an attitude (one of them was great and one not so much.)

We are on our honeymoon so we made the best out of it but if you are not coming on your honeymoon you may not want to stay here- 95% of resort is honeymooners.

All in all, it's not worth what we paid and we wouldn't come back but made the best of it. Hope that helps, Aruba is a lot nicer and probably the same price or less.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Brooke S
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sandals La Toc.

We are disappointed to hear that your stay was not as expected. We have many guests that boast of our luxurious inclusions, water sports, fine dining and quality of staff but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement. Your feedback is appreciated.

We encourage guests that whiles on property to please point out if anything does not meet your standards. Our team at Sandals La Toc is always willing to work with you to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was money well spent.
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We just returned from our 6 night honeymoon at Sandals La Toc. We loved it.
We had the butler service and a private pool and it was great! We ordered room service everynight. We left the resort to visit and dine at Sandals Grande. Another great resort.
We did the Joe Knows tour! It was awesome. We highly recommend doing this tour early in your stay. We met some great couples and hung out the rest of the honeymoon!
The food is awesome, the staff is great, the views are incredible, the pools are awesome.
We never tried the golf, we wish we did. We did get a great couples massage.
We had an amazing time.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bluff with a private pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimmyV1116
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing honeymoon experience at Sandals La Toc! We are thrilled to hear that you both enjoyed your trip immensely. The picture was also lovely! Along with having a great time at Sandals La Toc, we are happy to hear you got to visit our other properties and had a great time there as well!

We look forward to seeing again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!