“Great Time, Great Vaca Spot”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Dearborn, Michigan
“Great Time, Great Vaca Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was first time in St Lucia and Sandals. The vacation was awesome. The resort was really nice. The staff was great, very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The grounds of the resort was beautiful. One small issue I would have were the rooms. Because this is a Sandals and expensive resort, I was expecting top notch, updated hotel room. This was not the case, for at least the two rooms I saw. They weren't bad by no means, just wasn't what I was expecting. The furniture was a little older and worn, there was a tube TV in one room. I would think at this day and age you would never see a tube TV, but... Other than that, place was great. There was a variety of foods to eat so didn't get bored of eating the same foods like other all-inclusive places. Can never complain about the drinks, even if they were a lil weak, they would graciously top you off!! Overall, great experience and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank E L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,753)
Stoney Creek, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I just returned from the Sandals La Toc, although we enjoyed our stay there we had few issues that shouldn't happen on a resort that display a 5 Diamond Rating Plaque on their main entrance. My point here is very straight forward, if you charge people accordingly to a 5 Diamond Resort you should treat people the same way, expectations will be high. Here is what we liked about the resort:

1) Donovan & Lola were excellent and they couldn't have done enough for us, staying at the Bluff Suites made a big difference
2) The food was great
3) The grounds are well maintained & beautiful
4) The place was not that busy so beach & pool chairs were always available
5) The helicopter transfer from the international airport to the airport closest to the resort was great
6) People at the resort are very friendly

What you should be aware of:

1) We booked a 80-minute couple's massage and we only received a 70-minute massage. I know that this might sound corny, but in reality this is a 15% difference on what we paid for andwhat we received. Because Sandals charge rates equivalent to NY or LA for their Spa they should fulfill their end of the bargain
2) Be aware of the fishing charter. We booked a private boat through Sandals for US$ 930.00 and we were mislead on the size of the boat, how good the fishing was as well as, the crew on our boat was not very friendly or helpful. Big disapointment.
3) The rooms & furniture are a bit tired
4) The TV in our room had issues with a faulty speaker and although we contacted House Keeping about it, nothing was done
5) They gave us a 1st floor room, although we had a partial view of the ocean the rooms on floors 2, 3 and 4 are much nicer. we felt that they "stuck us" on the bottom floor because we were new to the "Sandals family"
6) Sandals push very hard their Spa Treatments, Photos and Colombian Emerald store, it would be nice if they were less pushy, we already spent plenty of money to be there, when enough is enough?

It is important that I let everyone know that I received a 25% reduction on my private fishing charter and a US$ 22.00 credit for the short massage, getting these reductions took a lot of time and effort and I felt that Sandals should have made the process easier as well as, should have done more. It will take a while for my wife and I to go to another Sandals Resort, this is why democracy, free market and freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

Room Tip: If you are staying at Bluffs Suites ask for a higher room (NOT THE BOTTOM FLOOR)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Paulo P
edmunton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My boyfriend and i went there for the day, and my gosh it was beautiful, a peaceful and friendly environment. We had lunch at Neptunes, on arrival we had a host who took us in to seat she was sooooooooooo friendly her name's Abiola (Neptunes' Restaurant Manager) she made sure we were comfortable. Later on our waitress, Jernelle came over she was very kind, she sure can handle her plates, we enjoyed watching the way she moved around so quick and peacefully with them. I made Sarah offered me a drink of her choice, honestly i don't remember the name, it was red, white and blue, i can still taste it just by thinking of it..... After lunch we head over to Cricketer's Pool Bar, where we met Lucas... he is soooooooooooooooooo funny, he's favorite phase when someone asks for water would be "we don't drink water around here". lol..... we had fun with him, he's very entertaining.... i thinks he gets carried away with all his guest, he's just who you need at a bar, especially if you're upset about something. Trust me he'll change your mood in a second.... Oh last but no least Valda, i didn't know what to order and she's like i know exactly what you need... if you like coconut rum , you should check Valda so she can mix you her special called "the valda".... Honestly i can wait to come over again, hopefully it'll be soon.... I enjoyed ever minute i spent there, Sandal's La Toc is definitely a home away from home... If you look to run away from stress at work grab your husband/wife and head off to Sandals for the day, trust me you wont regret it.... Oh Kaidan at cricketer's thanks for your help boo, i really appreciated it....

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in a butler suite up on the bluff. Gorgeous views, butlers were excellent couldnt have asked for more - in fact half the time didnt know what to ask them for!
We played tennis nearly every day - its like playing in a bat cave once it goes dark and the flood lights are on!
Food overall was OK, this was the only dissappointment for a 5* hotel in the buffet, but the resatuarants were lovely and would advise to book these as soon as you can.
Went on the snorkling tour - was OK nothing special.
We went off on our own tour for a day to the pitons and got bitten to death by mozzies - we didnt get 1 mozzie bite on resort at Sandals.
Partner played golf, said it was good and the caddys were v good.
Rained most days but only for an hour or 2 and then brightened up v fast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our honeymoon to Sandals La Toc was easily the best vacation I've ever had. First and foremost, whether you're looking for more information or you're ready to book today, get in touch with Ruth DeMuth at TripGuy (ruth@tripguy.com). It's clear she's been to her fair share of Sandals resorts and will do anything you need, from booking flights / rooms, to getting you set up with excursions and dinner reservations (two restaurants at La Toc require reservations, if Ruth hadn't set up one of them, we wouldn't have gotten into that restaurant that week).

Once there, turn your phone off, ignore the charge they want to hand out for wifi and just get ready to relax. We stayed on the seventh floor of the main building looking out towards the ocean, so we had some great views for the small amount of time we spent in the room. The pool is an elevator ride down and a short walk through the lobby. Even though the resort was relatively busy, the pool is big enough that you never really feel crowded. The swim-up bar was staffed by true masters of the craft, I was never waiting more than a minute or two even when the bar was packed and the drinks were always delicious. If you want to go swimming in the cool waters of the ocean, the beach is literally a short flight down on the backside of the pool. All beaches in St. Lucia are public, but you wouldn't know it at La Toc. It's wedged in pretty nicely between two cliffs. The sand is clean, no need for surf shoes to avoid stepping on shells and the like.

We found something delicious at each of the restaurants at La Toc. We would hit up The Cricketer for snacks and drinks (the wings and nachos were our staples). La Toc had hands down the best French cuisine I've ever had, I recommend the duck. Really the only restaurant I was disappointed with was Kimono, the hibachi restaurant. I've had some excellent hibachi, and this didn't quite stack up quality wise. One thing to note, portion sizes at all the restaurants are small compared to what you get in the states. It was annoying at first, but since it's all-inclusive, go ahead and get your own appetizers instead of insisting on sharing. And really, it's all pretty filling, we never left a meal still hungry.

The entertainment staff (the "playmakers") all did an excellent job as well. My wife and I took part in the volleyball (beach and pool) games they had, and even got drafted to take part in a Thursday "newlyweds"-esque game show. It was all a lot of fun and helped us get our butts out of the pool even if for a bit to have some active fun. It culminated in a Friday night street party, where we were treated to various high-energy entertainment acts including stilt walkers, fire limbo dancers, and fire breathing tumblers (again, with delicious food). So long as you participate, the playmakers get to know your name and build upon it. For example, we had playmakers come find us to let us know a volleyball game was about to start up.

Our excursion (again, booked and organized by Ruth), took us on a Catamaran booze cruise to Soufriere, where we took a tour through botanical gardens, ate lunch, and took a mud bath at the base of a volcano. My wife is a little bit more receptive to that stuff, the mudbath just sort of felt like a really hot bath, though it did help the sunburn a bit. We took a snorkeling detour on the way back, though there wasn't much activity so it wasn't very exciting. Sandals came to the rescue once again, as you can freely schedule daily snorkeling trips that Sandals staff actually take care of. They took us to a location that was used in filming of Pirates of the Carribean, pretty cool to see, and there was a lot of activity going on there.

This was easily the best vacation I've had. If you don't go Sandals for your honeymoon, you're doing it wrong :)

1 Thank williagr
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent a week at LaToc for our honeymoon. We were in a concierge suite room with a private pool. The room was beautiful! The pool was somewhat cold. Being a gardenview room, it didn't get much sun and therefore was essentially unheated. So we didn't end up using it much and probably wouldn't go for that option next time. Maids were there twice a day, to clean and to turn down the bed and see if there was anything we needed. They kept the free mini-bar well-stocked. The resort was beautiful and the staff was really helpful. Alison and Maggie in Concierge went above and beyond to make sure our stay was everything that we wanted it to be. The restaurants were of great quality. We liked that we had the option to go to the two other resorts on the island and enjoy those restaurants and facilities as well. Portions at the restaurants were smaller than in the US, which we enjoyed because it kept down the "gain a bunch of weight" factor. All the house wines were Beringer, which I thought would be limiting but the Pinot Grigio and Merlot were very good. Didn't try the chardonnay. At a couple of the nicer restaurants they had different wines available by the glass and by the bottle. We felt that the bottles were overpriced for what they were (ie-$45 for a bottle I purchased at Whole Foods a month ago for under $15) but the wines by the glass were in the 7-10 range which seemed more reasonable. We enjoyed several tours and would highly recommend ziplining, horseback riding, and the jeep tour to the mineral bath and waterfall. All in all a wonderful experience. We hope to go back to this resort in the future, as well as to enjoy some of Sandals other locations as well.

Room Tip: Private pools in the gardenview concierge suites were cold, concierge was worth the extra money
4 Thank Jaime E
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We're thrilled to read of your fantastic honeymoon at Sandals La Toc. We strive to create romantic and memorable vacation experiences for all of our guests and it makes us proud to hear your kind comments. Thank you so much for your review.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another amazing trip!

Cassie C.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

La Toc is an absolutely wonderful resort and we could not have asked for a better vacation! Everyone is friendly and the resort is beautiful! We were actually booked for Halcyon with another couple and 4 days before our departure, they asked if we all 4 wanted a free upgrade to La Toc and we are so glad we took it! We were in the Emerald isle Oceanfront Balconette where we were close to all of the action, yet it was quiet at night time. We would definitely book this room again and will be doing so in the future! There is so much to do at this resort alone that we never even went to the other two resorts and we have zero regrets about it. We used the facilities to the max! We used the SUP boards, Hobie Cats, pool, hot tub, all of the restaurants, we participated in many of the activities through out the day and evening. We never felt like we were being rushed and the time we spent was so relaxing and fun!

Excursions: We each had a couples massage at the Red Lane Spa. They accommodated to let us pick and choose what kind of massages we wanted instead of having to just do the "Couples Massage" offered. I received the Hot Stone Therapy (80 minutes) and my husband was given the Hot Stone mixed with the Sports massage (also 80 minutes) and we were both completely satisfied with this (thanks to Stella and Maryann)! They kept us in the same room and it was wonderful! We also did the TreeTop Canopy Zip-line Tour and it was wonderful and we recommend it! Our tour guide was "Simple" and his jokes and personality really added to the trip - the whole bus laughed all the way to the tour and back... great time! We also did the Super Snorkel, which was an additional $50, but it allowed our snorkel friends to be in the same tour and same reef area as us who were diving. What was awesome was that since we were the only divers on the boat, we basically had our own private dive and guide. The Super Snorkel includes a tour into Marigot Bay where they show you some famous celebrity houses, take you to Hurricane Hole and to Rowley's for some of the best ice cream you will ever have... ever. We then had our own tour of the other bays on the island, where Miguel gave us local info, history and culture which we loved. We finally got to our diving spot and it was great! We then went to the actual Pitons which will leave you both breathless and humble - SO amazing! On the ride back, we dropped off Miguel at his home in Soufriere Bay and continued on back to the Sandals Dive Center. We immediately stopped when we saw a huge pod of dolphin and baby dolphin and they were doing all kinds of jumps and playing with the wake we would keep leaving. Even though we were supposed to be headed back, they kept circling around the dolphin and letting us take it all in for probably another 30 minutes which was so kind of them as they have families to get home to as well. They served us food and drinks on the ride back and everyone agreed that was the best $50 per person we ever spent! Big thanks to the employees at the Sandals Dive Shop that helped us that day - Miguel, Morgan, Sammy (and I can't remember the captain's name, sorry)!

Food: The Pitons, hands down was the best food all around, followed closely by Armando's. La Toc is great and you need a reservation so be sure to book it ASAP - get the beef, it's awesome! Thanks to Julien for the education on Cognac, Ports, and Cointreau - he is class act! The food at all of the restaurants here was very god and we had zero complaints! At the Pitons, I could not make up my mind what I wanted - the fish of the day (snapper) or Jerk Pork. Our waitress Verlyn offered to have the chef put a small portion of each on to a plate for me (since I did not want to dinner plates) and hey were both wonderful and I was thankful I go to try both... well worth it!! Also get the Calaloo and Chicken Soup!

The playmakers at the resort itself were so fun and playful - we are going to miss them just as much as we will miss the resort and island itself; they were what really helped to make this vacation unforgettable! Ron (the DJ), Wendell, Raide, JR, Dara, Thomas, Oswald ("Shaky"), and the other female playmaker who's name escapes me right now (sorry!). Be sure to visit Herbie's Piano Bar for the night life and to see the best DJ Ron and the best pianist Lee! When Lee is there and Lukas is working, it is sure to be a fun night! Also thanks to Burton at the bar as well!

Be sure to sign up for the Carnival at 2:30 on Fridays! They dress you up in the carnival gear and you walk around and dance through out the property all while they continue to serve you drinks! The carnival is what leads into the Street Parade later that evening... this is a must!! You have to experience this, it's amazing! Fire breathers, foods from all over the island, reggae band, limbo dancers... the list goes on! Thanks to my new "Bestie" Ron for pulling me up to dance in front of everybody as well!

Wonderful resort! Wonderful staff! If you read the complaints, you can see they come from the people who have forgotten what it's like to let loose and have fun. You can also see they are the ones crying about not having things handed to them right away... DO NOT let this deter you! No Pressure, No Problems!

Last few thank yous: Thomas the intern for sharing a bit about his life with us when we asked; Jacob who waited on us several times and who was willing to share his life with us; Verlyn at the Pitons (best restaurant there BTW) who is so sweet, Sabia another waitress who took care of us quite often and was also sweet, Georgiana our housekeeper/maid for leaving us such nice notes about love in the room and who was always so pleasant to say "Hi"; Raide for answering all of my curiosities about St. Lucia; Kimma at the front desk and the man with the best smile on the island, Joachim (Such a pleasant and handsome guy)!

Thank you all again, we hope to "Soon Come Back"!

Room Tip: You don't need to have the butler or concierge service to experience La Toc! Book a regular room...
4 Thank Jeslynhat
We're so happy to hear that you had a splendid stay at Sandals La Toc. We love to hear our guests boast about our wonderful resort and the genuine hospitality of our friendly staff. We were so honored to be able to share this experience with you.

We hope to welcome you back to paradise soon!!

Cassie C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!