Overall, we had a fabulous trip to St. Lucia - loved the island. The resort itself is beautiful, with varied landscape and plenty of places to escape the crowds and hang out as a couple. We're returning guests and thought this was the most beautiful Sandals resort we had been to in terms of the landscape. I've broken out my review into the positives and the areas that Sandals could improve upon on as I know a representative reads the board frequently and think they should be made aware of these items to help improve for future guests. That being said, we would definitely return and if you're considering going or booked already you will have an amazing time in paradise.
-The Resort: Loved the layout -the walk up to the bluffs was nice to get some exercise in but a shuttle is available as well. The whole time we were there we saw many maintenance employees painting, cleaning, etc to keep up the appearance of the resort. The grounds crew do a fabulous job keeping up the flowers and landscaping - just beautiful. 3 beautiful pools - loved the small one off the Pitons restaurant. It had plenty of pool floats and umbrellas for shade and was very peaceful. Firepits were so nice to relax by at night - up on the bluffs they have a couple which were rarely used so it was nice and private to hang out by with a glass of champagne.
-The Staff: overall everyone we met for the most part was extremely friendly and helpful.
-Pool Drink Service: The drink service at the pools, and beach was outstanding! They came around every 20 minutes and anticipated your needs/remembered orders. It was incredible and they were so nice!
-The Pub: Bartenders and servers here were great - we came pretty much daily for an evening snack of nachos and a cold piton. I wish I could remember names but everyone here was really friendly and wanted to make sure you were having a great vacation.
-Housekeeping: we stayed in a beach front room on the 3rd floor and the room was kept spotless for us and our housekeeper left flower petals on the bed and a little note for us one night which was so sweet and surprising.
-Shuttle service: we only visited the grande and hiked ft. rodney and signal peak while out there(a must do for $6USD a person - literally a 5 minute walk from the grande). The shuttle service was a very smooth operation and it was only a 30 minute drive.
-Food: Overall the food was good - had a lot of variety. Some of the must trys: conch fritters and blackened tofu at piton, grape leaves and pizza at Neptunes, sea bass at La Toc.
-The bluffs pool: perfect to visit in the afternoon to watch the sunset - views were amazing and plenty of chairs available after lunch time.
-Beach: nicer than expected based on previous reviews, the crashing waves were so soothing to listen too and you could hear them across the property. Only had a red flag a few days out of our time there so we were able to enjoy the ocean which was great!
-The Island: it was goregous and the people were so welcoming and friendly. Customs was very quick and effiicient both incoming and out. We also had the pleasure of a private tour of the island with Serenity Tours - highly recommended. The Pitons are magestical and definitely a must see if traveling to St. Lucia.
Check-in: We arrived at the resort around 3:30 after a long day of travel ready to get into our room. We were quickly whisked away to the concierge check-in area and were very excited that we were going to be getting an upgrade...after 5 minutes in the lounge we were pulled aside to a separate table from the other guests and told that actually they pulled us in this room by mistake. No big deal we booked a room we were happy with in the first place it was just really awkward to be pulled to the side of everyone else. Our room ended up not being ready after 5pm so we went to get food -if check in is technically at 3pm rooms should definitely be done before 5 . It seems that every time we've visited a Sandals the check-in process has been long and painful which isn't the greatest start to a vacation. It's definitely not something you let ruin a vacation rather, its just something I think Sandals management could help improve to ensure it's more seamless.
Check out: We checked out, were waiting to board our shuttle to the airport and got called back to the front desk claiming we never paid our billed. Long story short turns out that the supervisor who checked us out had us sign a form that acknowledged our total due and didn't process the charge on the credit card. Mistakes totally happen and it would have been totally fine if handled more professionally than it was - no one likes getting accused of trying to sneak out on a bill.
Eating Late: (as in anytime after 8pm) led to really slow meal service. We ate a La Toc twice -first time it was really excellent both in food and service, second time it seems we had hit an off night as we watched a couple complain to the manager, one get up and leave during the meal, and our server was dropping things left and right and was clearly frustrated and not hiding it. It took over 30 minutes after ordering to get our amuse. Neptunes lunch staff were really great and anticipated needs, but by 8:30pm dinner staff was more concerned with trying to prep silverware for the next day which is understandable but they should have at least kept one server on the floor checking on water, taking empty plates etc for the couples who were eating later.
Drink consistency: bars all had different liquors options, some had blenders other didn't, and a mai tai at one bar would have different ingredients and color than at another bar. Again, honestly not a big deal if you didn't like what you got you could always get another drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries