We are two couples who go on a golf vacation every March Break normally to a Caribbean island. This was our first stay at a Sandals Resort and we were impressed. Everything seems to be one level higher than other excellent all-inclusive resorts (eg Moon Palace).
The first night we were worried. It took a while to be shown our rooms since there were not enough staff. Then we went to the Pavilion for a late supper and we were given the "blackhole" table - no waiter assigned. We had to physically get out of our seats and ask for everything - menu, drinks, food. Not a good start but the rest of the vacation made up for it!
Rooms - We received an upgrade to the Grand Luxe Oceanview Room on the 6th floor of the Soufriere Tower and the view was well worth the extra cost if you want to pay for an upgrade. While having coffee every morning we watched 2 cruise ships entering Castries harbour.
Meals - Most all-inclusive resort only have a buffet for breakfast. The Regency also has Armando's open for breakfast and lunch as an a la carte. Highly recommended for both meals - various version of eggs benedict started off the mornings and the lasagna for lunch was one of the best I've tasted. Arizonas was very good for pizza and burgers at lunch.
All the restaurents are a la carte for dinner and there never seemed to be line up to get in. La Toc is one of two "reservations only" restaurants so make the reservation as soon as you arrive. We ate there twice - first time was excellent - attentive waiter and good food. Second time not so good - waiter was slow and not that attentive and food could have been hotter
Entertainment - Entertainment at night was again one level above other resorts. Steel drum band at Pavilion was excellent and Cowboy Eddie at Arizonas was a pleasent way to relax before retiring for the night
Golf - We had tee times booked prior to arrival but you can book as soon as you arrive. Course is 9 holes with 5 par 4s and 4 par 3s (if you do 18 holes one of the par 4s becomes a par 5). Yardages range from 250 to 428 for par 4s and 120 to 210 for par 3. The course is tight with some major elevation changes, sand traps and water. You tip the caddies and having talked with some other golfers fiqured out the going rate was: 9 holes: $10 per golfer if bags on power cart, $15 per golfer if caddie carried bags, 18 holes: $15 and $20 respectively.
Beach - Large waves meant the beach was red flagged (no swimming in sea) for 5 of 7 days. We took an afternoon trip to the Sandals Grande for a day at the beach and it was excellent.
Time from airport - Trip from airport to resort was just over one hour.
Overall a very pleasant and relaxing vacation - well worth the extra cost and we will definitely be looking at booking a Sandals Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, Booking.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc St. Lucia/Castries