not worth the price... having stayed at multiple 3 star resorts on several different islands in the past, we decided to splurge for our Weddingmoon, but we did not see the difference in quality we expected. (For frame of reference we have stayed at the Venetian in Las Vegas which is a 4*)
The room had an air conditioner which was extremely loud, and for light sleepers (as i am) may disrupt your sleep.
our room was nothing spectacular with a view of the front entrance parking lot. basic furniture, but nicely decorated with a "private balcony". the room was clean, and bright, we did see one cockroach, but given its the Caribbean, that's to be expected.
the buffet breakfast/lunch were very good, but service was incredibly poor and slow both at buffet and the restaurants. plan for a 2 to 2.5 hour dinner. i usually lost my appetite by the time the main was delivered ~1.5 hours after sitting down. Wearing white gloves does not = "white glove service". again, having eaten at expensive restaurants with white glove service, we saw the difference, but others may disagree.
The Cricketeers was a great British pub. Must try the fish n chips.
Drinks were very good. Some have mentioned John already, but he is a whiz
the grounds were incredibly picturesque and the tropical drinks amazing.
the evening entertainment was quite good, but if any of you are night owls, you may wish to stay at a different resort. by 10pm everything is closed with the exception of the pub...no night clubs for dancing etc every night
We did visit the Grande on the shuttle (a great service). The food at the Grande is better than La Toc, but the beach, while bigger, is not as nice and very busy. Grande is certainly larger and more picturesque, but i personally preferred the intimacy of La Toc.
For any couple planning to have a wedding moon, if you intend to have family & friends attend with a reception, don't... those wedding moons are best served for couples who intend to wed without any fanfare. the ceremony on the beach was beautiful and perfect. the cocktails & reception a disaster. i wont go into details as this is not necessarily related to our stay at Sandals, but don't pay for the extra weddings (I had the flutter of romance).
don't expect everything that is listed as "included" in the wedding brochure. Example, we did not get our private dinner with a bottle of champagne. the groom's spa package listed in the brochure had never been heard of at the wedding planner office or the Spa... (i would give this 2 stars)
All in all, a very good vacation for sun and sand, but overly priced for the quality provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries