“Security is an issue”

Sandals Regency La Toc
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I had personal items stolen from our room. My wife's wallet with credit cards, driver license, and social security cards, along wth phone chargers were stolen. The General Manager seemed to be indifferent and insensitive to the fact that we had been personally violated and spent the last two days of our trip dealing with cancellling credit cards and speaking with police and security personnel. If the type of attention and reaction from the General Manager is any indication as to how the rest of the upper management team responds to customers' dissatisfaction and issues, all of the upper management at this resort should be replaced by those that know how to care for valuable customers. It saddens me to say that our 20 year wedding anniversary is filled with memories of stress and utter disappointment...especially after having spent the amount of money we did on this trip.

5  Thank steveandtracy92
Write a ReviewReviews (7,318)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My new wife and I had the most wonderful time at this resort. We had the two story veranda butler suite. The room was spacious and comfortable, very well prepared and the fully stocked bar was awesome to have. The only negative I can say about the room was that the mattress was a bit too firm for our liking. The food was great albeit in smaller portions than I had expected but it's not at all impossible to order a second entree if you're still hungry, it is after all, all inclusive. The resort grounds were very well kept and beautiful as we're the beach and pool areas. We did the zip line tour and the fountain of youth catamaran tour. Both were exceptional and a great time. The zip line is a great way to spend an afternoon, but expect to get a full workout with all the climbing. The bus rides allow you to get a great idea and insight into the islands culture. Our room had butler service and Ronald and Sherman were exceptional. Both made us feel at home during our stay and went above and beyond to make our trip the best it could be. We spent many meals enjoying room service instead of going anywhere. We felt so relaxed and enjoyed every moment we had. They even went so far as to bring us a dessert every evening since the room service menu didn't have anything dessert like. The resort was phenominal, but it was the privacy of our suite and the wonderful service of our butlers that really made our trip amazing. If I could have anything that would have made our stay even better it would be an expanded room service menu with desserts, on site snorkeling. We went on the dive boat and it was wonderful, but I'd like to be able to at least get a mask and snorkel on the property beach. Those aside, the extras we spent for, the cabana for an afternoon, spa services, and the beach torchlight dinner were well worth it. Thank you, Sandals staff, and a special thanks to Ronald and Sherman.

Neal and Holly

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Nealnholly
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I took a 2 week honeymoon to St Lucia, the first week was spent at Sandals La Toc. Overall the resort is very nice and the staff was good. We stayed in a sunset bluff water edge suite, while the room was nice; it is obviously an older design and the bathroom is small. I would not recommend this particular room category, it was our second choice. The island and the resort is very mountainous/hilly, plan on walking a bunch. We did have butler service and they were always prompt and helpfull.
We enjoyed all of the food at the resort, the wait staff is what I call typical Caribean. Mostly attentive but easily distracted.
One of the best inclusions was the diving, if you're a diver this can be a big plus. It is somewhat time consuming since you have to drive to the marina from the resort. The dive center manager, Windell, was great. All of the resort management that we dealt with were very good.

We have stayed at many all inclusive resorts across the Caribean, I had always avoided Sandals given the reputation as a "party" spot. In general I'm going to say that the reputation is deserved. It is more high energy/drinking binge than we look for. Please don't think that this makes it bad, just not my style.
We did discover that the atmosphere was different depending on the pool, the upper pool was more laid back than the main beach front pool.

Room Tip: The bluff water's edge suites have a very small bathroom, but the access to the beach/lower pool...
3  Thank George C
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were very happy with our overall experience at Sandals Lo Toc last week! The staff is amazing! The service is friendly and fast (except for lunch time at Neptune's). We heard several people complain about their rooms but we had no issues. We had a beach view balcony room and it was very beachy and homey. The bathrooms need a little work but other than that we were very comfortable. We had so much fun participating in the activities and sitting by the pool being waited on by the amazing wait staff. You must try a Dirty Banana! If you don't stay here you're silly!

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a butler/conceirge... the service is so good that you don't need them. A...
1  Thank jamers3111
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I travelled to St. Lucia for our wedding anniversary. This was our first trip without our young daughter and we were looking to relax and enjoy the busy life left at home. St. Lucia is beautiful. We have been to other Carribean Ilsand’s before and this was by far the lushest. The ride from the airport was a little uncomfortable after travelling on a 5 hour plane ride (3 months pregnant), but the driver was really friendly and stopped so that we could pick up a drink. Beer for everybody else and a fruity juice for me.Thanks to Dave from BC for picking them up for us.:)—
When we arrived we were informed that we were upgraded to an ocean front room. This was our second stay at a Sandals, and were very pleasantly surprised that Ian (The Sandals loyalty manager did this for us). We had only paid for the lowest level room (WE were simply going to relax on the beach and the room was not important to us). The ocean view was spectular. We slept with our patio door open almost every night to listen to the ocean waves. So nice.
The beach was a good size. Not big, but not small and suprisingly, most people stayed by the main pool. We sat on the beach everyday and got down there early to claim a mini cabana on the beach. We had to go early since the butlers were down there reserving spots for their guests. Which I have to say, sometimes never showed up which wasn’t fair for the rest of us that actually wanted to use them. That is the thing about Sandals so many levels and it sometimes made you feel not important enough if you did not get the Butler, for example. BUT, we all ate the same food and drank the same drinks!
The restaurants were great, but was disappointed in the lack of evening atomsphere. Half the time the Main restaurant (Pavillion) was closed and the bar was deserted. The only other option was the piano bar which I was pretty disappointed in. The bartenders were not very friendly and were only rinsing out glasses before pouring new drinks for people and half the time still serving drinks in plastic glasses.
Our best dinners were eating at Le Toc (You must make reservations), service is great and very attentive. The food is delicious. The portions are smaller, but full on flavour. For those that want to have more or try more than one dish, you can certainly order more than dish and they put it together on one plate. I would recommend ordering a bottle of wine off the wine menu. Makes the dinner that much more special. I only had a small glass, and man was it nice.
The Piton restaurant was great, but they don’t take reservations and are closed Fri/Sat. You need to show up at 6:30p.m. when they open for dinner and put your name down for a time that you would like to eat. Otherwise, you will be out of luck or eating very late. We had to wait 1.5 hours to get seated, and the service including the hostess was not very nice and rather rude, but the food was great so I suggest eating there, just go early and you shouldn’t have a problem.

We went to the Halycon for an evening and ate at Mario’s. The service was fanstastic!!! Lenny the wine steward, was great and made our evening when he came to chat with us. The ambience at the Halycon seemed much more welcoming. The courtyard was beautiful. There was a live band playing and after dinner the bar was bumping and the bartenders were great. I had a great non-alcoholic drink that the bartender made based on what I was in the mood for. Plus, they did serve glasses instead of plastic.
The breakfasts were great at the Pavillion. Service was pretty good. Armando’s serves breakfast but it takes awhile to get it. They have a mini breakfast bar to tie you over and the ambience is really nice since Armando’s is on the bluffs. I would suggest eating there at least one day. The food was better at the buffet, but the view is worth it and my husband really liked the eggs benedict.
The rooms were clean and we only had one problem one night with our room and we were moved right away to an upgraded room that day. (Thanks to Ricky from the Loyalty office)-.
Ian had graciously arranged for a private car for us back to the airport, which was so nice and unexpected. I had only happened to ask him how much it would cost and when I followed up with him the next day, he had said that he arranged it for us. Ian, your kind service and making us feel special will make us come back one of these days!

Great vacation and despite being pregnant it was fabulous and super relaxing!! No pressure no problem!

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms especially on the higher floors are great at night if you want to open up your wind...
3  Thank allison a
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went for my brothers wedding(mandatory fun:)...which by the way was fabulous and they loved it....which is really all that mattered. That being said....
We were greeted kindly at the airport and had yummy rum punch while we waited for our ride. I loved the airport transfer...the driver was sweet, fellow travelers were tons of fun but mostly it gave us a chance to see the beautiful island and a glimpse of the lifestyle. Our room had the most breathtaking views of the cove where La Toc sits....it was up on the bluff near Armandos(great restaurant). The drawback to being up there is having to take a shuttle down to the main part of resort, I didn't mind but my boyfriend did.
For an all inclusive resort the food was good and the drinks were great(I recommend the dirty banana). They need to lighten up on their dining rules. La Toc(good french restaurant) wouldnt move tables together to accomodate our group size or let us add 2 more to our reservation....when there were 4 empty tables right behind us. We found this to be the case at other restaurants on the property...Lighten up Sandals on restaurant rules...and you will have a lot more happy customers.
The grounds were beautiful and lush. Resort scuba class and dive was exciting to do. Thanks to Martin and Freddy. Shuttle drivers were nice. Piano bar was fun. Friday festival was a blast! Pools and swim up bars were great. Nice service we ran into...Rene from Red Line Spa...Burton from piano bar and street festival...Joacqum at the front desk...Stephine and Larnelle at Armandos...Sheldon and Danela at Kimonos. Thanks for the smiling faces!
The crew in Crickiteers need to work on their attitudes...Big Time...please take note Sandals...most of the workers in there were rude(Joy),forgetful and dissmissive. Help them with their service skills.
The island is gorgeous!

2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

To whom it may concern,
I recently visited Sandals La Toc for my honeymoon with my husband from 10/15-10/19. During our stay, we stayed in a Butler Suite. We decided to pay the extra money to get a butler because it was a ‘once in a lifetime’ vacation, we only have one honeymoon.
I am sad to report that we did not get the service promised to us while we stayed. From the first day we got there, we received very poor service from our butler. Calling and asking for something simple like champagne glasses took over 2 hours and 2 calls to receive them. This type of service continued throughout our stay.
On our second night, after waiting for over 2 hours for our dinner at La Toc, we returned to our room to find ants all over our personal items, including our tooth brushes. We called to let the front desk know about this and after speaking to a manager, we were promised we would get a room change after 11am and new toothbrushes. We have learned that Sandals is full of false promises because it took three more phone calls to management to receive replacement toothbrushes and we never were given a room change, being told that ‘we are too full.’
The next night we went out to dinner and there were roaches on the table at Kimonos.
Our service was very poor throughout our whole stay from both our butler and people like managers and restaurant staff rolling their eyes at us when we asked when the restaurant would open.
I am sad to say that our expensive, once in a lifetime honeymoon, was filled with memories of disappointment and stress instead of a ‘luxury included vacation,’ as the website promises.

14  Thank Tara M
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for posting about your stay with us. I’m so sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are known for providing luxury in a friendly and comfortable environment and unfortunately, during your experience, it seems we did not meet those expectations.

Your opinion is very important to us and we have noted your dissatisfaction with a number of amenities. We have tried to contact you via message to discuss and hopefully resolve this matter. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach you. I encourage you to contact us at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any questions or concerns.

Cassie C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc? Share your experiences!