“Go if you like to share your dinner with raw sewage!”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
A TripAdvisor Member
“Go if you like to share your dinner with raw sewage!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2003

We, my wife, another couple, and I, stayed at the Golf Resort in Feb.
2001. We were looking forward to trying the ole' Mighty Sandals for the first time and were we ever surprised at the low quality stay that we had! The room was located quite nicely, however that did not make up for the low quality bedding or pillows. You figured at such a rate the linens would be of higher quailty. We have stayed at other resorts and found their linens to be of much better quality, even coming close to matching what we have at home. The iron in the room didnt work, so I called the front desk to get one. That problem took 3 days to resolve.
The coffee maker didnt work as well as it leaked onto the floor. That problem, including the spill took 2 days to resolve! At that point I almost grabbed the mop bucket myself. The resorts has a mind numbing amount of hot tubs, unfortunately they forgot to tell their maintenance staff to work on them because all but 2 were not working all week, in fact I never saw anyone during the whole week working on the tubs ever!. The final blow was the smell of raw sewage filling the air in two locations. The first smell I detected happened while eating a meal in their Southwestern Resturant. I immediately ended my meal to the puzzlement of my wife and our friends. I pointed out the smell and they noticed it finishing their meals immediately as well. The second smell of raw sewage came on while we were up on the bluff watching a sun set.
I could see a pipe sticking out of the hillside. I could only imagine what came out of it. For what we paid I expected better, especially from a Sandals. This review would have been a 1, if the manager on staff did not throw in a full body massage for me and my wife for free.
I just love shut up money sometimes.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,761)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2003

I just got back from my honeymoon at the Golf and Spa and my husband and I cried leaving....we had the most phenominal time. I had read these reviews before leaving and was so nervous, but when we arrived I couldn't believe it. Our check in was at the most 7 minutes and we were greeted w/ champaigne while filling out our paperwork. Our room was beautiful w/ an ocean view right in the main area. The service was impecible, the food was great, the beaches were absolutely beautiful.
When people complain about the beaches, boy are they being a little rediculous. If they don't like St.Lucia's beaches, I guess they would HATE Hawaii!! The pool was a blast. Each day they had 1 drinking game where 5 people chugged 1 beer. That was the extent and there were older men and woman participating!! If you are older,reserved and looking for an older crowd, I would suggest the grande. But if you are young at heart and looking for a phenominal time, or on your honeymoon, the Golf and Spa is it!!! I can't wait to go back even in 10 years......and would recommend it to anyone!!!

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!