We, my wife, another couple, and I, stayed at the Golf Resort in Feb.
2001. We were looking forward to trying the ole' Mighty Sandals for the first time and were we ever surprised at the low quality stay that we had! The room was located quite nicely, however that did not make up for the low quality bedding or pillows. You figured at such a rate the linens would be of higher quailty. We have stayed at other resorts and found their linens to be of much better quality, even coming close to matching what we have at home. The iron in the room didnt work, so I called the front desk to get one. That problem took 3 days to resolve.
The coffee maker didnt work as well as it leaked onto the floor. That problem, including the spill took 2 days to resolve! At that point I almost grabbed the mop bucket myself. The resorts has a mind numbing amount of hot tubs, unfortunately they forgot to tell their maintenance staff to work on them because all but 2 were not working all week, in fact I never saw anyone during the whole week working on the tubs ever!. The final blow was the smell of raw sewage filling the air in two locations. The first smell I detected happened while eating a meal in their Southwestern Resturant. I immediately ended my meal to the puzzlement of my wife and our friends. I pointed out the smell and they noticed it finishing their meals immediately as well. The second smell of raw sewage came on while we were up on the bluff watching a sun set.
I could see a pipe sticking out of the hillside. I could only imagine what came out of it. For what we paid I expected better, especially from a Sandals. This review would have been a 1, if the manager on staff did not throw in a full body massage for me and my wife for free.
I just love shut up money sometimes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries