“Great Country Experience”

James Touring Service
Ranked #5 of 54 Tours in Castries
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: James Tours is the definition of a 'Premiere Touring Company' in St.Lucia. At James' Tours we do everything we can in our power to keep our customers happy. We therefore pay all government charges to pick up our customers at the cruise ship terminals. Are you looking for a hospitable, exciting, adventurous , courteous and sociable tour operator? Do you want to feel secured and assured that you are going to be in good hands? Well look no further, James' Touring Service is the perfect tour guide for you!! As a visitor of the simply beautiful island of St. Lucia, you want to feel a sense of security and happiness. James' Touring Service offers an outstanding deal of professionalism, great rates and excellent customer service. Come cruise through our majestic island in a comfortable, clean and air conditioned atmosphere. In James' impressively designed "Steelers" van, you will feel relaxed and well taken care of while visiting the various historical sites, landmarks, beaches and more! James Touring Service is the best way to travel on land in this breath-taking Island of St. Lucia.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We bumped into James on the way out of where the boat docks. He took us to see the banana plantations and we made some other stops. We then proceeded to the Volcano where we were able to go in the springs and take a mud bath. We had a great time, however he left his modem for the free wifi…so I was a little disappointed..other than that we had a great time and awesome tour!

There are newer reviews for James Touring Service

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a tour off our ship. We were hesitant to take this tour at first because his price was a little higher than another tour. We decided to go and it was worth every penny. It was off season so there were only 4 of us on the tour. James stopped often for little things you would never get to do on a big tour like cutting bark off a cinnamon tree, pulling the fruit of a cashew tree, grabbing a bunch of bananas and these were just a few things he did along the way. He took us to the mud baths, waterfall, beach, and a beautiful restaurant for lunch that over looked the Pitons. James had another tour guide with him and she was fantastic. I just don't remember her name. The van was very comfortable and he had an ice chest with cold drinks. This was one of the highlight of our vacation.

1  Thank Maitee01
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I am so perplexed. We liked him, but there was something weird going on. The choices for the ratings go from average to very good. Why is there not a good there? I would rate it in between, good. When we got there, he was right there. There was one other couple. He said they did not book it just walked up and said hey I heard about you online, etc. So we were off. He said he had to get gas. He was very nice. Said drinks were in the back whenever we wanted one. There were a lot of stops, but it seemed they were mostly stops to buy stuff, and I did buy a few things. I probably would have bought more, but they locals were freaking out about money with little tears in it. I thought they were pulling my leg, but seriously I had people not take my money and not make a sale. He also did some nice things, picked some fruit for us, told us about some different places, some history. The first place we stopped for lunch it seemed he was mad and we did not stay. We went to another place. He had never taken people there, and it was homey and good. I saw some pic's of another place with a view of the Pitons over the water, and I was hoping we would be there, but where we ended up was ok. I thought we were doing the land tour, which said it included snorkeling. The other couple, that did not schedule, didn't really want to. So we didn't. Then during our ride he asked me about my phone number and said he had tried to call me. I said, oh yeah I did get a weird area code and number calling me, and I couldn't hear anything on the other end. He said he was concerned that I was a fake customer because Cosol and the other popular one, Spencer I think, book fake tours to hurt his business. Since we were the only ones booked, I kind of have the feeling he wasn't really expecting us, and maybe disappointed that we were real. I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, he was nice. I'll just leave it at that because I just don't know what the frick was going on. He did stop at the super market for me on the way back. I appreciate everything you did James.

james147343, Owner at James Touring Service, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Thank you for booking your tour with James Touring Service, I assure you that you will not regret. You will indeed have a great experience with us .I can explain it to everyone. I receive a email for seven people private tour, Reservation where made for lunch at Ladera Resort they never show up
Now i have to pay that Big bill.I try to stop thinking about that bill on the day of your tour and why would people do things like that to hurt my business.I hope who ever is sending this fake email would stop.I will always work had to see your experience in St.Lucia be the best in the Caribbean and Nothing will stop me from being the best and making my guest happy.

James Tours

Reviewed May 26, 2014

James was AWESOME! We had a private tour and he provided us a great experience in St. Lucia. He got us ahead of all of the tour buses so we would not be crowded. We took a scenic ride to the mud baths (what an awesome experience) and waterfall. Visited the botanical gardens and stopped for lunch. His services are truly worth it - you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed May 13, 2014

St Lucia is amazing, and this tour was one of my favorite ever. We had a group of 18, and there was so much included in our tour for the day. The guide and the attractions were great, and we saw so many spectacular sights for the day. There are just two areas that could have been improved. We had a lunch included at a small resort. The resort overlooks the Pitons and the views were breathtaking. I must preface this by stating that I'm an extremely picky eater, but I didn't like the food. It was probably perfectly fine Caribbean food, I just don't like that style of food at all.

The 2nd issue was that we had so much to fit into the day, and we covered a lot of miles. Coming back the driver was driving so fast, I'm not sure if he was concerned about getting us back to the ship in time, but he was flying. Many of us were fighting motion sickness, and I was the weak link and lost it on the side of the road. They were kind enough to put me in James van for a short while why I recovered. It was a very "windy" ride, so if you are motion sick prone it is something to consider.

At the end of the day we are very glad we did the excursion, it was one of the best excursions we have ever had.