“Great day in St. Lucia with James - took good care of our group”

James Touring Service
Ranked #4 of 55 Tours in Castries
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: James Tours is the definition of a 'Premiere Touring Company' in St.Lucia. At James' Tours we do everything we can in our power to keep our customers happy. We therefore pay all government charges to pick up our customers at the cruise ship terminals. Are you looking for a hospitable, exciting, adventurous , courteous and sociable tour operator? Do you want to feel secured and assured that you are going to be in good hands? Well look no further, James' Touring Service is the perfect tour guide for you!! As a visitor of the simply beautiful island of St. Lucia, you want to feel a sense of security and happiness. James' Touring Service offers an outstanding deal of professionalism, great rates and excellent customer service. Come cruise through our majestic island in a comfortable, clean and air conditioned atmosphere. In James' impressively designed "Steelers" van, you will feel relaxed and well taken care of while visiting the various historical sites, landmarks, beaches and more! James Touring Service is the best way to travel on land in this breath-taking Island of St. Lucia.
Houston
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great day in St. Lucia with James - took good care of our group”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Based on the reviews on TA we decided to go with James for touring the island during our day stop in SL. We were 11 so it was a private tour. On the way to the Pitons he stopped at the banana plantation, then we stopped by a house where they had chickens and baby goats - our kids enjoyed feeding them bananas and holding the baby goats. Then we went to the sulphur spring where most of us did the mud bath. James got us the white mud which was really good. All of us felt young after the bath. The next stop was the waterfalls which was again a blast - water was cold but very rejuvenating. Thereafter we stopped for lunch at a restaurant which had a very beautiful view of the Pitons - the food was local cusine. On the way back to the dock we stopped at Marigot Bay for pictures. BTW James met us at the designated place and he was there way ahead of time as we got off the ship at 8:40 am and he had asked to met him at 9:00 am. He is honest and friendly - good with kids. If we go back to SL we certainly would use him again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank HoustonToughguy

Buffalo
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A great find in Rodney Bay!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I recently had the wonderful opportunity to visit the beautiful island of St. Lucia and had an almost perfect vacation. We stayed at the Windjammer Villa which is a beautiful resort but has the disadvantage (or advantage?) of being off the beaten path between Castries and Rodney Bay. Thus to do any shopping, we had to hire a taxi (something we usually don't do on our trips--we like to walk but this road was far too dangerous with the traffic!).

Anyway, after shopping and having dinner in Rodney Bay, we needed to find a taxi to return to the villa and had the good fortune to meet James! Unbelievably, his van is almost completely decorated with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Needless to say, this was especially fun for my husband who grew up in the Pittsburgh area. We talked with James nonstop during our brief jaunt home and are convinced that we will definitely give him a call if we ever have the chance to return to St. Lucia. He is totally helpful and friendly and obviously aims to please. Thank you, James!

Visited March 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“James Tours is wonderful”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I had a great time on my tour of St. Lucia with James Tours! If I ever get to go back, I would definitely call James up for another tour.
He has different tours available but will customize his tours to your wants/ needs. What I will always remember about James tours is, "it's always a good time"!
Thanks James for a wonderful tour.

Arlington, Virginia
“This was an amazing tour. We would tour with James again.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The day started as we left the cruise ship and wandered out to meet James. His assistant was there, and greeted us with a big smile. Since we were early, we waited for everyone else to show up. We had seven people in our group, and three more people were supposed to join us. When they decided not to show up (their loss), we had the van to ourselves, and the tour was on.

James arrived (with a big smile), said hello, and started telling us about our day. And what a day it was. James provided us with a great opportunity to see many different parts of St. Lucia. The volcano and sulfur springs, the "Peaks", a banana plantation, a waterfall, and much, much more. He was also very knowledgeable about the island with lots of fascinating stories to tell. Everywhere we went, everyone knew James.

James was always willing to stop to let us take pictures (or let us know if a better photo opportunity was coming up). The place where we stopped for lunch had excellent local cuisine and an amazing view of the Pitons.

James is a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Our family is originally from Buffalo (big Bills fans), so we had a great time joking with each other throughout the trip.

I would highly recommend James and his tour company to anyone visiting St. Lucia. James and his staff were friendly and helpful. Try James, you won't regret it.

Visited February 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Genuinely good man”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hands down this was the best tour I have been on. They came to our resort the day before our tour to discuss our entire tour and what to expect. Showed up on time with a cooler full of assorted beer , soda and water. We experienced banana plantations and ate fruit freshly picked......drank rum at the distillery.....little too much rum. Sulpher springs and mud baths....then it was off to a 40`waterfall that we enjoyed for quite awhile. James took us to an authentic St. Lucian cafe over looking the beautiful Pitons. All in all it was a fantastic experience. I wanted to get a St Lucian flag to take home and went to many stores but couldn`t find one,James assured me he would get me one before we left...sure enough he showed up at our resort 2 days before we left and he brought me the flag I was looking for." James and his crew are stand up people and I highly recommend him" James when you come to Pa next time please look me up, I will show you around the Harrisburg area.Thanks again!!!!! The BBQ Guy.....

Visited February 2014