“Fun Trip”

St Lucia Kayak Fishing Tour
$105.00*
St Lucia Snorkeling and Marigot Bay Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get the opportunity to explore the ultimate natural beauty of St. Lucia. We provide a truly Caribbean kayaking experience. Explore what nature has to offer with your kayaking tour.Our tours uses expedition touring kayaks and sit on top units all with rudders and storage hatches. Tours comprises a training component especially for the use of the decked units. The tour can include Marigot Bay which runs along the sheltered west coast of the island into the Roseau River or Pigeon Island where you can kayak, snorkel and visit the historical Fort Rodney.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a fun experience kayaking out of Marigot Bay and into the Rouseau River. Paddling through the mangroves in the Rouseau was neat. Our journet from Marigot Bay along the coast to the Rouseau estuary is very scenic with high cliffs and crashing waves.

We were picked up at our hotel by taxi bus for the trip to Marigot Bay where the tour starts. Unfortunately, they also pick up divers on the same bus from various hotels. It took about 2 hours to get to the kayak location because we had to wait for the divers. This was very annoying as you spend a lot of time waiting.

So 3 stars for this trip, which potentially could be higher, because of the long waits involved.

4  Thank Gerald R

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Kayaking is a great way to see the outer part of Marigot Bay and over to the Rouseau Valley. Bernette's knowledge & personality made her a great guide. She even showed us the small cliff where she jumped into a small bay when she was younger.

The Rouseau Valley looks beautiful from the beach. That may be the best view of the valley. Bernette also took us to a little side lagoon fringed by mangroves; it was pretty.

All-in-all, the trip was a fun, scenic way to spend three hours or so in the Marigot Bay area.

3  Thank Walter P
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a so so experience with DFH. The kayaking itself was fun, and it was a beautiful area that we went (Marigot Bay and Rouseau River). Communication was average prior to arriving in St Lucia. We did accidentally give them the wrong date to do the excursion and were very appreciative of them being fine with changing the date and coming back 2 days later to pick us up for the day we intended. Once we actually got to Marigot Bay to start the excursion, the staff was just so so. We had to ask a lot of questions to be where we needed to go and it seemed like we got easily thrown to the side. Even during the actual kayaking, it didn't seem like there was much care taken to make sure that our boat fit to us, that we understood how to use it, and such. It wasn't a negative experience, but all in all the experience was just so so. I wouldn't necessarily give it a negative review but I wasn't crazy about how we were treated by the staff.

2  Thank shanesan
DFH_Kayaking, Manager at DFH Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Shanesan,

Thank you very much for your review, glad to know you enjoyed the kayaking tour. Sorry you felt the staff was not helpful to you but after investigating your claim we could not find any issues as we also asked other clients who kayaked on the same tour with you and they were very content and really enjoyed the staffs interaction with them.

The reviews here show how much the staff really show a great tour.

We however do thank you.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I chose DFH as an alternate to a crowded ship's excursion on our one-day port stop in St. Lucia. It turned out to be one of the best choices I made on the cruise. DFH was very prompt in answering my emails arranging my tour with them. They picked me up at the ship's dock and then drove me to their small shop on the water in Marigot Bay, a scenic 30 minutes' away. It turned out that it was just me and the guide in our separate kayaks for as long as I wanted to stay (about 3 1/2 hours). Good instruction, good equipment, fantastic scenery -- in the bay, in the ocean along towering cliffs, in a river and a lagoon; then they drove me back to my ship. Maybe my best kayaking experience ever. I had hoped to do some snorkeling also but the bay was a bit cloudy due to runoff from recent rains. I would definitely do this trip again! They do a terrific job.

1  Thank cbchrc
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I found DFH on the internet and decided I wanted to try them instead of the kayaking experience provided thru our cruise boat the Carnival Victory. We were not disapointed. I contacted them thru email and booked it in advance. Since we went during slow season we got a private tour of marigot bay, the coastline and the River in St. Lucia. It was such a great experience that included breathtaking views, fresh guava, and we learned a lot about the island from our guide Mark. The staff was fantastic and the experience was top notch. When we return to St. Lucia, we will definetly contact DFH again.

3  Thank love2bike1924