It's difficult to say much more about this place than that said by previous reviewers. On the basis of such good reviews, my wife and I decided to book our holiday here. We were not disappointed.
The location was as close to the beach as you can practically get, with the sound of waves breaking a constant companion. Waking up and walking down the beach was a joy each day and much missed now we are back home! The accommodation was excellent and kept spotlessly clean.
Much has been said of Colin's "briefings" - they are good and they are spot on! But this is just part of the "family" atmosphere, where all the staff are so friendly and helpful. From reception to cleaning ladies to car hire to security. It's so refreshing to get this kind of attitude compared to the attitude we are more used to in hotels!
Octogenarian Mr Charles picked us up from the airport in possibly the oldest car on the island, travelling at just over walking pace. Going back we had Austin driving us in luxury at just over Lewis Hamilton's pace! They were both enjoyable in their own ways. Mr Charles has been there for over 45 years and Austin around 5, but they are all part of the "family". They are proud of it and it shows.
There's not really any restaurant facility on the property, just a small place called "Coconuts" that seemingly opens up on request, but we never saw it open! Not that you really need anything, as there is a place to eat next door, a supermarket five minutes walk away if you want to buy food for self catering and there are plenty of very good restaurants within a 15 minute drive.
The only thing VBC could possibly improve is perhaps the website. It doesn't really do the property justice. It keeps saying that the new one is "coming soon".
However, this is a minor gripe. If you are looking for a relaxing informal break in a great location on a beautiful island, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries