We visited the island and this remarkable resort (for the first time) the week of Nov 16-23, 2013.
From the moment we booked the room weeks in advance, to our arrival from the airport, our stay and departure, we were treated wonderfully.
The accommodations (#2 Upper) exceeded our expectations. The suite was large with upscale decor, but the focal point are the double doors that swing wide open to a large porch overlooking the sea. It is a spectacular view. We enjoyed idly gazing at the island of Martinique while we relaxed in the comfortable porch recliners. We couldn't get closer to the beach and water without being on a boat.
Colin (owner) and his friendly professional staff were readily and cheerfully available and arranged our daily adventures on the island leaving us all the enjoyment without the hassles and details. Colin took his valuable time to let us know that he appreciated our business. He provided expert and valuable information about what to do, where to go including maps and quite interesting island and family history. We were able to book and charge many of the recommended island activities to the resort which greatly simplified accounting and, for us, helped eliminate foreign transaction fees.
After learning that Colin also has another resort and Cocoa Plantation in the south of the island (La Dauphine) , we visited there and were treated to wonderful tour of the grounds, resort and plantation. A truly worthwhile and educational visit. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.
The location of the resort was excellent, allowing us to easily travel to the North Rodney Bay area restaurants as well as South to Castries and activities beyond. The street where the resort is located can become rather busy, however we were never bothered by noise or street activity during our stay. Stores are conveniently nearby and within walking distance although we had a rental jeep and chose to stop on our way to other activities.
The resort compound was always clean and we felt the security of the area was excellent. We always felt safe. There are cottages containing internet enabled computers, a library of books and movie CD’s. A small store for convenient provisions is only steps away for the rooms. The included WiFi reception was excellent in our room and vital way to stay in touch with family in the U.S. via smartphone. There is a large TV housed behind the upper doors of the wardrobe although we never had occasion to watch.
The kitchen had virtually everything needed to prepare snacks, small meals to full blown dinners.
The large and comfortable 4-poster bed, ample dresser, drawer and closet space and the large bathroom with double sinks and spacious walk-in shower all added to the comfort of the suite.
To be sure there are larger, all-inclusive and certainly more expensive resorts on the island and we feel that 'Villa Beach' more than fulfilled our wants and needs of a quality, affordable, safe and genuinely friendly vacation experience. We highly recommend the resort and its people and we look forward to our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, West Indies, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries