I am slow to post - we traveled in February 2011.
This is one of the most wonderful boutique hotels I've ever stayed at. The hotel is small enough that the hotel staff get to know you right away, but big enough of a hotel that you have all the privacy you need. The rooms are all very large. We broke our stay up and spent a couple of nights at the other property - La Dauphine Estate - so when we returned back to Village Beach Cottages we were in a new room. Each room we stayed in was clean and had more amentities then we needed (so many wonderful restaurants on the island there was no need for a full kitchen to cook, but it came in handy for breakfast and snacks) and the decks are the best part of the room with their endless sea views. We borrowed a kayak one day and went out to the little island just off shore to explore - what a great experience.
As I noted we spent a couple of nights at La Dauphine Estate as well, and this was an experience I would recommend for everyone. It gives you time to explore another part of the island, and it is truly a private get away. They were building the pool when we were there, which is now finished and looks amazing. We cannot wait to go back to lay in the pool and look up at the cocoa trees and surrounding rainforest.
The staff at both locations went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful trip.
We did the adventure package so our stay at both properties came with a car which was great for getting around the island to explore. There are several nearby grocery stores that you can stock your kitchen with for snacks and breakfast and of course Piton beers. With the wonderful views at our hotel we looked forward to returning to the hotel after all of our daily excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Otel and West Indies so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries