On the first day at VBC we were invited to see Colin the owner . He welcomed us to the ' family ' at VBC and we wondered what he was talking about. Within a few days we fully understand that this is exactly how you start to feel about the staff. The groundsman who climbs a tree to get you a coconut, the cleaners that you share a joke with and the receptionists that will do everthing you ask of them. Colin has a special team that make the resort one of the most professional that we have ever encountered.
The room facilities were excellent, location perfect and we would recommend the ground floor sea view rooms, amazing!
A lot of good restaraunts have already been listed but I would add the Pink Plantation and Flavours of the Grill as top of my list.
Make friends with the staff next door at the Wharf as that is a great place for pre dinner drinks. Lisa and Kernel were great hosts and shared our sense of humour. The rotis and jerk were excellent there.
Claudius the taxi driver is a real gent and will take you to the steet party at Gros Islet and look after you if you ask him nicely. He may even take you to his local pool hall.
I can usually find some issue with any place I stay but this place has defeated me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries