My girlfriend and I spent a week at Rendezvous in July 2007. Having read some of the rather negative reviews that have been placed recently, I thought I would add my own opinion, and address the criticism by others.
One recent post has criticised the water-sports equipment - I find these comments unbelievable. How many resorts give you all watersports, including motorised ones such as water skiing and wake-boarding, for free? I certainly have never seen this before. And not only are they free, but you can use them as many times as you want within their opening hours. The post in question says that the equipment is 'well worn'. Well it all looked in very good condition to me, and the instructors are always on hand to help you out should you need their assistance.
Granted, the entertainment is not awesome, but when you bear in mind that the people who are performing are usually the people who have been running your activities from 9am that morning, then you realise that they are putting in a bloody great effort. Plus once you've had a couple of drinks and are talking to other couples then you'll have a great time. Actually, we were getting up at 7 each day, and after a day full of activities were struggling to stay up beyond 10pm.
Whilst this hotel is sold as a romantic escape, I think you can really make of it what you want. For me (to the occasional annoyance of my girlfriend!!), it was almost an activity holiday. During the week we did: archery, scuba diving, tennis (personal lesson), beach volleyball (daily - great fun, although I got too competitive according to my girlfriend), water volleyball (also great), putting competition, cocktail making competition, water-skiing, knee-boarding, wake-boarding, wind surfing, sailing and tubing (where you're dragged along on rubber tubes by a speed boat - great fun). I think that just about covers it!
We only spent a week there, and we really regretted not staying for two.
In summary, I think this hotel is absolutely fantastic. Whilst cosmetically it may not be as polished as other hotels, its size means you get to know a lot of people who are always very friendly, and the staff are just so friendly (in particular Nena and Markel).
May I suggest that anybody who doesn't enjoy this hotel because of the odd cat walking around needs to lighten up.
Any questions, feel free to email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries