We've just returned home from a 10 night stay at the Rendezvous and we wish we were still there. The place is fantastic, the best place that either of us has ever stayed in.
Location - Very close to Castries (closer than I thought that it would be) but once you're in the resort you don't know it. The nearby airport is not a problem at all and in fact is very handy if you're planning a helicopter trip/tour or flying to another island.
Beach - The beach is really nice and there are plenty of sun loungers, we never had a problem getting one whenever we wanted. The beach tends to be very quiet except on a Sunday when loads of locals descend. They are no problem and in fact provide much entertainment just watching them play cricket, football, etc. There is always the odd person trying to sell you necklaces, etc but they are not a problem and do not hassle at all if you are not interested.
Pools - There are 2 pools, 1 with a swim up bar, the other is next to the gym and during our stay was virtually always empty except when a class was in progress or a game of pool volleyball. There are plenty of sun loungers around both pools.
Facilities/Activites - There is so much to do if you want to but you are never hassled to do anything that you don't want to do. There are loads of water activities although we didn't participate in any. There is also a gym, archery, tennis, table tennis, bikes and much more.
Staff - Absolutely superb. All so friendly and the service in the restaurants was brilliant.
Food - All very good and so much (expect to put on several pounds!). The buffet restaurant has an excellent location and the choice and quality of food is great. The Trysting Place (a la carte included in All Inclusive) is lovely. The food and service was second to none and it's air conditioned if you've had too much of the humid conditions. Booking is recommended but the 2 times we visited it was not full.
Rooms - We stayed in a Verandah Suite which was really nice. Very spacious and great location. From what we saw of the other rooms there is probably no need to upgrade further as you don't seem to appear to get anything much extra and you're not going to be in your room much anyway.
Guests - Mostly British & American. All sorts of ages but all very friendly.
Excursions - These can be booked on site and there is loads of choice. I would highly recommend the Brig Unicorn trip (make sure you don't go on Pirates day unless you like kids) and the Island Tour in the helicopter (expensive but well worth it). We also ventured into Rodney Bay one evening but just be prepared for a very different experience to the resort!!
To sum up, we had an excellent time and cannot fault the resort at all. You can do as much or as little as you want and can keep yourself to yourself or socialise with other guests/staff as much as you like. If you are a couple looking for a romantic getaway at reasonable prices then this place is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries