After both of us visiting Rendezvous with ex partners we decided to take the plunge and revisit in February this time to get married.
We were a bit apprehensive because we had both enjoyed ourselves on our first visits and thought that second time around it may not be quite as good.......how wrong we were!
After previously experiencing the helicopter transfer we decided to go by the minibus this time and although it is an hour or so to Castries from the airport and along winding and bumpy roads the journey isnt that bad at all especially if you get a really good and friendly driver. We stopped half way for a little breather and an ice cold Piton and this certainly helped although Virgin had arranged for our van driver to pick up some cold bottled water as we left the airport as well. Once through the rainforest section of the island the drive becomes a little more relaxed and you pretty much cruise through Castries around the docks to the side of the small airport and through into Rendezvous.
Now dont let the idea of the airport put you off, there are less than a dozen light aircraft each day and the sound of the props disappears as soon as it came!
Once out of the van in the lobby area a member of staff was waiting with Rum Punch which was well received. We were given our keys and with us both visiting before we knew where we were heading so departed for our room. We had booked one of the Luxury Oceanfront Suites which were well worth the extra money as they are spacious and very comfortable. Admittedly they could do with a little spruce up but i guess these will be the last of the rooms to be refurbished now the Garden View and Verandah Suites have been completed, otherwise, not a single complaint.
We were hoping that some of the staff would be the same as our last visit and thankfully the large majority of staff were still there. Deano, Anna, Trista, Steph, Gaston to name but 5 were welcome faces as we knew the level of service they provided.
On to the wedding and the most nervous time of the holiday. All the additonal services are worth looking at having, especially the hairdresser for the ladies, she did a magnificent job with my wifes hair and the videographer and photographer who for 50% of the price charged at home did a way better job than at our blessing weeks later. Also the Steel Band were great.
The hotel isn't just a stream of weddings each day, we only counted a handful in the 2 weeks we stayed so dont worry about a procession of brides wandering around. The organising staff were fantastic and we couldnt have asked for more, even the registrar was brilliant.
The rest of the holiday was like a dream, we had one days rain in 14 so we were lucky. The food was excellent again and a tip for those of you who prefer a la carte dining, book up in Trysting Place a couple of days in advance of when you want as it does get booked quickly......you have been warned ;-).
The entertainment is good, the staff really do their best with the little time they have to prepare so if you are expecting Las Vegas style shows please, go to Vegas! The bands are great and really remind you that you are in the Caribbean so just sit back and relax and if you cant get a table in the Terrace Bar, sit on the wall and let your feet cool off in the sand while listening to the sea roll in.
If you are looking for relaxation with the one you love, then Rendezvous is the place for you, there is as much or as little to do as you want and you dont feel pressured into doing any of the days activities, but if you do join in always finish second as the prize is a bottle of Bounty Rum rather than a t shirt!
Cant wait to go back, but that will have to wait until the bank manager is a little happier!
Enjoy, it really is worth the journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries