My husband and I stayed at the Rendezvous for our first year wedding
anniversary. I must say that we were terrified on the bus ride from
hell to the resort and were shocked when our resort was immediately
outside the over populated city. The entrance and lobby of the resort didn't put us at ease either. It was plain and old and run down. But things started looking better as we walked through the floral grounds. Our beachfront room was somehow booked so we had to stay in a garden verandha room our first night which was very nice and romantic. We were compensated with free massages. We got our beachfront room the next day and it was disappointing. It seemed old and it was very noisy since it was right next to the kitchen. The music at night was way too loud. We complained several times and finally got moved down where we finally got some sleep on our eighth and nineth nights. The scenery along the shore from the beach was beautiful but we didn't swim in the water because of all the trash and run off that we saw just past the resorts "not-so-private" beach area. Locals constantly passed by, some even hounded us to buy drugs. There was constanly the smell of marijuana and trash burning. There was constantly the sound of dogs barking and sirens blaring. The graveyard and airplanes taking off, however, we thought were both neat. The staff let their friends hang out at the resort and acted as if we were a burden to them. The food was great and the buffet was different every night. The pool was small and dirty. The gazebo above the pool was romantic though. Overall, the place seemed old and dirty. The island itself was very over populated and poor. The water was not that pretty but the Pitons were gorgeous and best seen from a boat in the water. We took a couple of tours -jungle jeep safari, catamaran, volcano. All were very neat. The best part of our trip was the giant sized chess board at the beach, the swings, the city lights at night, the fact that it was couples only, the food theme nights, the al a carte restaurant was very romantic, the hammocks in the garden were peaceful, the cats were adorable, there were no annoying topless sunbathers, our anniversary surprise was special-a fruit basket with a bottle of champagne, and the daily weddings outside our room were sweet but I sure wouldn't get married that way. Compared to other resorts, it was a better value in price, but next time I'd rather save up and spend more for a nicer reort in a better location. We've stayed at many 5-6 star resorts on many islands and spent the same amount of money and seen far more "heavenly" resorts. If you are not used to glitzy, glamorous places then you will love it but if you are, you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries