“What an amazing place!”
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Rendezvous Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had an absolutely wonderful week at the Rendezvous Resort in St Lucia. The staff were absolutely lovely from the very moment we stepped out of the car and nothing was too much trouble. The all inclusive really does include everything; this was my first all inclusive experience, I am told that not all resorts allow you to eat whatever you want and drink whatever you can see over the bar! Because it is all inclusive for everyone there is no need to wear a wristband either which is nice. The ability to head up to their sister resort at Body Holiday for the day was good as well, we enjoyed the all inclusive experience there as well.

One member of staff stood out from all of the others - Trevor, the poolside drinks attendant. Extremely attentive, Trevor kept me watered and beered all day with a smile and a jolly attitude.

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, we thoroughly enjoyed our week; just wish we could have stayed for a 2nd week!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BaileyBearcat
Write a ReviewReviews (2,620)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed at the Rendezvous for our Silver wedding anniversary, from the moment we arrived until the time we left there nothing but smiles and happy faces from all at the resort,the staff are wonderful, very friendly and helpful,there is no pressure to do anything if you just want to chill or join in its fine by them,the food is very good and The Trysting place is superb,we had a garden room which was very pleasant and well maintained,the hotel grounds are very well looked after and the gardeners very friendly,there are about seven or eight cats about the resort and one or two tend to frequent the Terrace restaurant which can be a problem for some people,as can the birds,all in all a great place to relax and unwind

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 801Dave37
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed at the Rendezvous for 11 nights, following our transfer from the airport we were greeted with happy smiling faces from the staff at the Rendezvous our suitcases were taken from us to be taken to our room, we were given a cocktail then a member of staff welcomed us to the resort then we were taken to our room where our suitcases were waiting for us, through out our time the staff were so friendly and helpful.The room are very nice kept clean every day, when you go to bed in the evening you will be greeted with a candle lit room very romantic.The food was very good different menu every day, although it is nice getting dressed up for dinner there are only 2 nights per week when it is casual where men are aloud to wear shorts other evenings they have to wear long trousers, if you want a change try the Trysting Place Restaurant but reservations are required so reserve a table early in the day, well worth reserving a table as the food is very nice and the restaurant is air conditioned. The resort has 2 swimming pools if you want to be on your own with your other half go to the lazy river where they have loungers just for the 2 of you. We were staying at the resort for our sons wedding, I would recommend if you are thinking of a wedding in St Lucia to have your wedding at the Rendezvous, the wedding co ordinator is a lovely lady she looks after you from day one organizes every thing you want for your special day. We couldn't have wished for a better day, 4pm wedding on the beach, the signing of the register and cutting of the cake all taken on the beach, the photographer was a great man he took pre wedding photo's of our son then went to the take photo's of the bride then photo's of the ceremony and lots of photo's around the gardens finishing off with sun set photo's. Great day had by all could not have wishes for a better wedding day for our son.

2  Thank JENNY o
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We have just come back from a two week holiday at Rendezvous and already wish we could go back!
The resort offered everything you could have asked for and more to help make your holiday the most memorable one. We stayed in a Premium view garden room which was beautiful, we had a view of both the garden and the sea - who could ask for any more? The room was immaculate and cleaned daily with a turn down service each evening - a luxury I could get used to!
The food was delicious and varied from day to day and I looked forward to every meal (the banana bread at breakfast is my new favourite food!)
Staff at the resort are most certainly a real positive to the whole holiday, everyone you come across is polite, helpful and friendly - one of the main reasons why I would return tomorrow.
Finally while myself and my partner were on holiday we got married and it was the most perfect wedding we ever could have asked for. Sandra (the wedding planner) was AMAZING and made the whole event feel so relaxed which in turn enabled myself and my husband to enjoy every moment of the day. I would recommend for anyone who wants to marry abroad to have their special day at Rendezvous as I can guarantee that Sandra and all of the staff will go out of their way to make your wedding perfect for you.
Thank you Rendezvous for such a brilliant holiday and we hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We went to this resort for our honeymoon & loved it. We loved the staff, food, beach, pools (especially lazy river), the spa & just everything!

I looked forward to every meal even if I wasn't hungry & we was made to feel like we was so special.

We did the carnival boat trip & loved it, I loved the party atmosphere as the only thing I missed was dancing & partying as even though the hotel has entertainment at night it's only for a few hours & no one really participated.

That was the only fault so instead we did what Rendezvous is made for, so much relaxing!

I want to go back but it's unlikely to happen again, a once in a life time amazing experience!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Leanne D
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We are in our early 50's and this was our 28th all-inclusive holiday.
Sixteen years ago stayed at Rendezvous. It was our very first holiday & we were hooked!
We decided to return and see if it was as good as we remembered. Yes it was!
The resort has been updated quite a bit but it still feels like a small cosy resort, no need for the
dreaded shuttles here.
The best part of Rendezvous is the staff. Everyone was genuinely friendly & helpful.
The Bartenders were wonderful. Cookie, Trevor, Bini, Poppy and so many others whose names we have forgotten. We were slightly over refreshed at times.
Even the gardeners broke out into song for no apparent reason from time to time.
The buffet seemed a little underwhelming but it is a much smaller resort than we are used to. We had plenty of good food to choose from.
Yammy(?) the activity lady was delightful.
I had an age-defying facial that was excellent. Melinda has magic hands!
My Husband wishes to mention that Lincoln at the dive shop is very friendly & capable.
A few things to keep in mind...
Take lots of bug spray, the mosquitoes are ferocious.
Take running shoes. There are a couple of excursions that require runners.
Veronica the egg lady is not to messed with. Ever.
If you are so inclined, take some kitty kibble. The resident cats look awfully malnourished.
A word to the princesses (male or female) who were offended by the cemetery close by...
did you expect someone to move the graves prior to your arrival?
If you are looking for a corporate cookie-cutter mega resort this is probably not the right resort for you. However if you're looking for an intimate, friendly, slightly quirky property I think you will enjoy Rendezvous.

Room Tip: We stayed in the pool-view room. It was quite comfortable. The bathroom was getting a little shabby...
9  Thank hkfromerin
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I have just returned after spending the last two weeks of July in the Rendezvous Resort and I can honestly say it is really a couple’s paradise. We chose the Rendezvous because we wanted something special as we had just celebrated our wedding anniversary before we went and my husband would celebrate his birthday on the 27th. Upon arrival we were greeted by Tony and some of the concierge staff and taken into the main hotel building where we were given cold towels and a welcome drink as described in other reviews before being brought to our room.

Accommodation
We stayed in a Premium Garden View room (312) on the third floor and had a magnificent view of both the garden and Caribbean Sea. We had asked for the third floor based on other reviews. We considered it a spacious room with a wonderful 4 poster bed, bathroom, complete with air conditioning. Our balcony had a table and chairs where we could watch the sunset. Your jug of water is replenished every day as well as your tea/coffee making facilities. Personally I liked the idea of the rooms based in different buildings around the gardens and not like most hotels in European countries.

Resort
To be honest, it’s a dream. Of course there are the mosquitoes, but this is the Caribbean. Yes, there are birds too but where there are trees and spacious gardens (beautifully manicured) what can you expect. The Secret Garden River is fantastic as well as the Samaan Tree which is huge and is lit up at night by chandeliers. A picture you must have.

The Spa
The Spa in the water garden is just heaven. The choice of treatments available is pretty extensive and personally I did not consider them expensive. So I had a Luxury Pedicure one week and an Aromatherapy Massage the day before we left. They certainly have something for everyone.

Champagne Bar
The bar tender the first week was great as he would greet you at the door with a glass of bubbly and tell you what he was serving that night with a full explanation. Not every night was actual Champagne (sometimes Prosecco or Cava) but he always told you. Unfortunately the second week he was replaced by someone else who gave the impression he could not care less. No greeting just gave you a glass (rather small amount) when you sat down and had not got a clue what it was when you asked. Overall there was no shortage of drinks whether it is alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Both of us had the most delightful non-alcoholic cocktails during the day which I certainly miss since I came home.

Terrace Restaurant
How anybody could say that they were unable to find anything to eat is simply beyond me. There is more than enough choice for you to have a 4 course breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as the morning tea/coffee with hot and cold bites and the afternoon tea/coffee with hot and cold bites. As with most Buffets I think some people’s eyes are bigger than their stomachs and as a result I am sure there is an enormous amount of wastage. Coming from Belgium we are very aware of being heavily penalised for wastage (be it food, water, electricity) so we preferred to take what we would normally eat at home and if you want more, it’s just as easy to go for a second helping.
See separate review for Trysting Place and photos of food for both restaurants.

Staff
I have left this part of my review till last as I feel it is the most important. Both my husband and I would say that almost all the staff (about 99%) were excellent and went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Nothing was a problem and everywhere you went you got a smiling face and hello. That is the reason they have returning guests. Both of us would like to say a big “thank you” to Candice and Carmen who after one day remembered that my husband had a shell fish allergy and I was lactose intolerant. Even the birthday cake for my husband was “lactose free” so I could eat it as well. When it comes to dietary needs top marks go to Head Chef Juma for his ingenious and delightful menus. See Trysting Place review. However the only problem we encountered was on the second day when we wanted to book the Trysting Place for dinner every evening it was open. The woman in reception told us point blank that the Monday was “out of the question” as it was fully booked. We found this hard to understand as the previous two evenings many tables were empty. Furthermore, we understood the hotel was less than half full. Even though we explained we preferred to have dinner there every evening she was adamant in her refusal. On the Tuesday evening however, the Maître D (Harry) told us there would have been no problem in having a table. Lucky for Rendezvous she is the exception to the rule. This does not take away our deep appreciation of the staff that made our stay memorable.

To conclude I have no hesitation in recommending Rendezvous to couples looking to escape the daily stress in order to enjoy each other’s company in a Caribbean paradise.

Room Tip: Premium Garden Room on the third floor gives you both a view of the garden and the sea.
12  Thank Doyle-Schepens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sandals Regency La Toc
Sandals Regency La Toc
#4 of 12 in Castries

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!