The Rendezvous is a couples only resort which promotes the romantic get away from it all concept. We went for a week to get away from everything here in the UK.
We were upgraded from the Garden rooms to the Ocean view rooms which were fine, typically decorated in Caribbean style. I must mention here though there is no TV in the room. If you are like us and like to watch TV while getting ready or before you go out, then this will be missed. There is no TV lounge so you do feel that you miss out on the news and what is happening in the world.
The food is good, the buffet caters for all tastes and if you don't like anything on there then the kitchen will make you something or bring it from the Trysting restaurant, Their aim is to please. Breakfast is a buffet with your eggs and bacon etc ordered freshly through your waitress. I was not that impressed by the Trysting - it must have been a bad night as the menu we were offered differed from the one advertised and then when they realised that the menu was wrong it took them 15 mins to give us the correct menu that was advertised. Note; if you forget to book they always keep a few tables free for "walk ins"
The beach is OK but the water is not very clear and there can be a strong current. There were plenty of watersports there but was too busy working on my tan to bother.
You are next to the local airport and there are a few small planes that take off but you really do not notice them at all.
The weather, when it rains there is limited activities, there are board games there but with bits missing ... and the staff will lay on activities but they were bingo and bounce the ping pong ball into the champagne bucket... they do need to consider other things for people to do when it's raining.
The staff are where the Rendezvous exceeds.... the waitresses are wonderful Candice is a sweetie at breakfast and lunch. The activity staff are funny and entertaining, Markel and Deano are a great double act. The whole entertainment team lay on shows and their tribute to the lion king is great along with their tribute shows. The local bands are fantastic and they encourage young bands to perform and they are so good with wonderful music that is varied and not the usual songs that are played.
I enjoyed my stay there and would say of you want a get away with no distractions then this is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries