Spent a day at Rendezvous a month ago while on holiday at Le Sport. We had friends with us and wanted to introduce them to a less ‘stuffy’ resort and this really fitted the bill. We have previously spent 2 two week holidays at this resort in 2001 and 2002.
Although Rendezvous doesn’t have a ‘grand’ entrance or reception area, the welcome was very warm. The resort was only half full so a bit quiet when we were there.
We had an extremely nice lunch and met a few staff members whom have been there for years. The beach/pool bar guy was new to us but very welcoming.
The dive staff were awesome and looked after us really well, we all had a lovely dive with them.
The air conditioned Trysting Restaurant was just as nice as we’d remembered. The food, service and staff were totally top notch with no added supplements to pay even though I ate seafood and steak! (Le Sport charges extra for these!)
If circumstances had permitted, we would have moved to Rendezvous for our 2nd week but as our friends were leaving in 3 days, it wouldn’t have been worth our while. We would have been happy to give our inclusive spa treatments a miss in favour of included boat dives (apart from Marine Park) to stay at this very friendly resort.
We were frankly amazed to find that the Scuba Shop is still in the same state as it was in 2001! It was promised a refurb a very long time ago! A crying shame!
The weather was particulary 'iffy' the day of our visit so went for a walk. We had never found the nearby cemetery to be a problem so took the time to visit it properly and found it a very profound experience.
We feel very blessed to have travelled extensively and although have stayed at better resorts on other islands, I would still go back to this resort as it has a very special warm vibes with exceptional staff and would always recommend this to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries