We have just returned from a lovely two week stay at The Rendezvous. It was our first time here and we were pleasantly surprised.
We opted for the car transfer from the airport. Although the journey was quite long it was nice to see the island before we settled into our holiday.
On arrival we received a warm welcome from the staff and were checked in very quickly.
The resort itself is very clean. We prefer swimming pools to the sea so we spent most of the day around the spa pool which was very quiet. There was an aquarobic session weekdays with Pauline - who was very dynamic. This was always good fun. We were a party of four and Trevor - who must be the best pool barman in the Caribbean kept us topped up with drinks all day. It was extremely hot and Trevor kept smiling and working hard throughout - he made our holiday.
The food was very good - all buffet style apart from the Trysting Restaurant. We ate at the Trysting three times and the service and food were first class. At breakfast time we particularly enjoyed Veronica's omelettes and scrambled eggs - she is a lovely, lively character.
We stayed in a Verandah suite which although a bit dated was kept spotlessly clean with plenty of clean towels and REN bathroom products.
The downsides that have been mentioned are:-
(1) An airport nearby. This is a small airport with a few planes each day and the noise was minimal and so no real problem.
(2) Cemetery. This is further along the beach and no problem.
(3) Locals on the beach. The people we saw were making the most of the weekend off work and if I lived it St Lucia I would certainly head to the beach. I could see no problem with this.
In the evenings the resort takes on a different look as the trees are lit up - this adds to the atmosphere and is very romantic.
I must mention Ginger the resident cat - he is a lovely friendly boy and always around if you want to feed him.
All in all we had a super holiday and I would highly recommend The Rendezvous - there is plenty to do if you wish - but under no obligation - and if you just want to relax and chill out as we did you will be left free to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries