Let me give you the perspective of myself ( a lover of low activity relaxation) and my wife (where is the disco?).
Firstly if you have not been to this island before you will be somewhat concerned about the length of the ride from the airport and the less-than-prosperous neighborhoods one passes thru to get to Castries. But this is the Caribbean and that is how it is....everywhere.
Yes, the place is close to downtown Castries and next to a graveyard (true), but one needs not ever see or experience any of those negatives if one choses to simply RELAX.
One tip- get one of the rooms they call bungalows that LITERALY are on the beach, it is divine. Your back door opens on to the sand!!!!! you are close to the bar and the food and the calm blue green water. Worth every dollar you spend......Laze in the hammock, your hammock...
The place has a nice calm beachfront, two pools , an adequate spa and a great staff attitude.
The buffet is good and the sit down dining is as good as any all-inclusive We have been to and we have been to many.
They offer many off resort activities from simple (bike into town) to complex (which we did) fly to Grenadines boat to Palm Island snorkel etc.
My wife however insists I mention the complete lack of nightlife . Zero. Which I loved and she protested.
It is relaxing, they do try hard. We spent an anniversary which was excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries