We do not like all-inclusive vacations because the crowd is not a quiet or refined one usually and the food is horrible too. We base this generalization on one very bad experience we had in the Dominican Republic years ago and have never ventured forth all-inclusively until November 2011 when we wanted to get away quickly and did not have the time nor the inclination to do the necessary research. We selected Rendezvous because we had been all around the Caribbean but never been to St. Lucia.
From the time we landed to the time we left, we felt cared for and even cherished. The Tourist Board has made the citizens of this island aware that we are its most valuable asset.
Rendezvous was a terrific find. The staff was more than helpful, the grounds were beautiful, the Veranda suite room was charming, there was a largely British crowd due to Virgin Atlantic's weekly charters and best of all the food was surprisingly delicious. The added bonus: there was no one there under the age of 18. Rendezvous is a former Couples resort but is no longer affiliated with Couples, but you still have to be part of a pair to attend.
The staff is there to please with any and all requests. We spent our time near the spa pool which was also the site of the lazy river. One section in the sun was missing an umbrella. My husband mentioned this to the manager who said he would have one by noon the day . . and WE DID. We can't even get service like that at home! We took a driver to Soufriere, in the middle of the island, to the volcano, the Botanical Gardens an the mud baths. It is not far away mileage-wise but because of the two lane road and its condition it takes about and hour and a half. Our driver bought us bread from a bakery that has no name, that everyone knows about and loves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries