“A real find”

Eudovic's Art Studio
Ranked #15 of 52 things to do in Castries
More attraction details
Owner description: See work by the islands first wood sculptor.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A real find”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great place to visit and see some genuine local artwork. Met the owner himself who told us all about the history of the place, and the materials they work with. Would have loved to buy some bigger stuff - maybe next time!
Pop in and treat yourself to something unusual and hand-made.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Wonderful carvings”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Met the man himself and liked the work on display, and it wasn't the usual tacky tourist stuff. Very friendly people in the boutique as well, but I never felt pressurised to buy. I bought a nice mask which will have its place in the hallway. Please visit and support this studio.

Visited May 2013
Somerset
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Genuine island wood carvings...must see attraction”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were fortunate to arrive early so avoided the crowds which gave us plenty of time to browse in the workshop, we had an excellent tour with a great deal of information and detail on the different types of wood used to produce outstanding carvings. The beautiful large carvings available are amazing, if only we had the space! However, we couldn't leave without purchasing a lovely traditional wall hanging showing island life in St Lucia. So much choice and a friendly and informative group of staff. Don't miss this unique opportunity.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Dreamteam09
Townsend, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Island art work”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful carvings, made of native woods. Traditional and modern art carvings. Many carvings were suitable for wall art, and others would look great in a place of honor in a home with a more modern flair. A lot of unique pieces.

Visited February 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A little gem that is a must to visit whilst in St. Lucia!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was another stop on my last minute tour of St. Lucia, and definitely one of the best of the whole cruise! I'd never heard of Eudovic or his work so hadn't done any research but the quality of his work is astounding - the man himself was there and loved to talk to our group, explaining all about the pieces and how he had carved them. I bought a hand sculpture - the hand is like someone is making a "peace" symbol, with two fingers in a V shape (like Churchill or Harvey Smith!). As I was admiring it, I got talking to a man who was part of our group, and he explained that many years ago, when we was a bank manager, he'd refused a customer a loan. The customer appeared a few days later with a similar hand sculpture to the one I was admiring, and the man explained to me that he would place the sculpture on his desk in the bank - but facing the other way! That was it - I bought the sculpture, and it is now sitting proudly in my kitchen at home! Eudovic himself wrapped up my purchases, and I took some photos of him next to his beautiful work. I felt very honoured to meet him :)

Visited November 2012