Our wedding was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
It was held in the private estate villa on the terrace, 406. Beautiful view and surroundings! The wedding coordinators did an awesome job with the set-up. They exceeded my expectations. My guests had a great time too. They were extremely impressed. Everyone felt as though they were in a movie! Our destination wedding was truly a dream.
We were pleased with the food and activities provided by Windjammer. We were there to relax and have fun and that we did. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. It was great. Our villa was indeed tropical. It had 3 levels. Our bedroom had a beautiful terrace and steps lead to another level on the top of our villa. My only negative are the mosquitos, which are to be expected and have nothing to do with windjammer. The living area was open air and the mosquitos do bite. However, we sprayed Off and were fine. We did not let mosquitos ruin our trip. I was really concerned about WJLV after reading some reviews. I understand everyone has different experiences and expectations. I also expressed some of the comments to the staff. But, My experience was great. I felt prepared and my expectations were realistic because I did months of research, prayed, and visited this site weekly to read reviews. I was prepared for almost anything. But, I am happy to say my vacation was FABULOUS!!!
I encourage travelers to be open-minded. Do your research. The resort is like no-other on the island. The views are spectacular because the villas are on hills. This is not your typical resort. Be patient and understand this is not the US or Europe. Life is more relaxed. So... just relax yourself. Shuttles are provided for our convenience. The resort is indicative of Caribbean living. If you're looking for a more traditional resort, then visit Sandals. Windjammer is in a class of its own. We were also in the AI plan. That was perfect for us!
I would definitely suggest having your wedding in an estate villa if you are marrying at Windjammer. The estate villa is private, extremely spacious, and pretty. You'll be overlooking the entire resort and Atlantic ocean as you recite your vows. I also suggest taking pictures on the beach as the sun sets. We also had our reception at the estate villa. the reception set up was perfect and the food delicious! The beach is not private enough and the area designated for weddings was damaged a bit by the hurricane. Also, be upfront about your expectations for your wedding. I was in constant communication with the coordinators. I sent dozens of pictures about what i visioned for our big day. I also bought candles and tea lights, vases, fans, and all sorts of items for the ceremony and reception. I asked for a minister and even wrote the order of ceremony. I left nothing to wander. I have no regrets about our Destination wedding. It could not have been prettier in the U.S. Our wedding was a dream!!!
Well, i hope this helps someone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries