Visited the Windjammer in October 2006 for my sister's wedding. First I'd like to say I love St Lucia, beautiful Island.
Activities - free usage of all non motorized watercraft was great, the Sunset Cruise was amazing, and the "Rainforest" Zip Lines were amazing, jsut be forewarned about this one, will take up your entire day.
Pools, Beach, Sun, Sand.
The Bad to Awful
Service - resorted to ordering 2-3 beverages at a time due to knowing you would not see the server for another hour. Incompetent Front desk staff, to be fair they just installed a new computer system but it was still inexcusable. Took two months after stay to straighten out the bill as they charges us the same amount of US Funds to match what was owed in EC, quite a bit larger bill than expected...
Shuttles- never on time, never enough, pretty awful. My sister's wedding was at the resort and they couldn't get a shuttle to the villa on time to get the bride to the ceremony.
Wedding Planners/Service - at the tail end of the ceremony torrential downpours swept through, they offered what could be equated to paper umbrellas. Not to worry right, they will at least bring the champange to us to toast the wedding right?? Of course not, it was raining and they couldn't dare have a server get wet. After 45 minutes of waiting after the end of the ceremony, my brother and I who were both in the wedding decide that we might as well run the few 100 yards to the bar to at least get something to toast with. When they saw us coming they finally brought the champange, but we needed to pour it ourselves... Also, during the ceremony, one of the boats that does the sunset cruises was blarring some awful 80s rock. I'm sure my sister's perfect wedding involved hearing crappy music and not the pastor. That said, the private reception afterwards was quite good.
I would rate this hotel a 3 at best, and that would have to be on a good day. The best service we saw the whole time was on the beach during the day. Would recommend only if staying in a private villa and you have loads of patience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries