This was absolutely the poorest run all inclusive hotel I have ever stayed and , as a result, this the most disappointing vacation to the Caribbean my family has taken in the 35+ years. Fortunately, we have a sense of humor and the failings of the Windjammer became a good topic of conversation and provided a lot of laughs for all of us. The service was horrible with little to no management of the place. As one other guest we befriended stated "the inmates are running the prison" There were rats on the rooftop decks, steel drum bands playing on the beach for hours (I mean like 5 hours) during the day and when the band was not there was someone screeching into a microphone trying to entertain children with activities. I am from a big city and have never felt so overwhelmed by noise. There wasn't a quiet place on the beach (which is very small by the way) When I went up to the "quiet pool" I had to endure for two days men using loud power hoses in mid afternoon to clean the rooms across from the pools ( maybe because of complaints of the rats). Anyone who has stayed at a hotel in the last 10 years would
assume the light on the phone would lights up when one has received a voicemail. Well, our phones- all of them including four rooms and a separate casita- didn't indicate a message and it was too late when we received our voicemails- information about a sick relative, cancellation of our 10 person New Year's reservation. When we checked with the management we were told that the light of the phones didn’t work and checking VM required dialing a number. This was not indicated on the phone or in the general information guide provided. Some of the staff were sweet and would try to help, but the overall organization was clearly lacking in general management. Internet in the lobby is spotty so don’t plan on depending on it for work you need to get done. The property itself is beautiful with the casitas and rooms built into the hills overlooking the bay. The casitas are lovely- the adjoining single rooms are not. Unfortunately their system of transportation to the rooms in the hills involves vans who speed by the people walking and made me feel I’d be safer walking on the street along the curb of the street 5th avenue in NYC. No one was hit from while I was there but any reasonable parent would not trust any child under 12 to walk without holding someone’s hand. Food was also just terrible. The time share owners we met told us over and over that they would rarely dine at the restaurants there. I am not a high maintenance traveler. I have stayed at places which cost 1/2 of this price and have had much better experiences. The island is beautiful. I'd check out the Sandals resort if I were planning a trip here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries