We stayed at Windjammer Landing for 11 nights in October 2006. This was our second stay at Windjammer, the first being in 2003 and it was just as great the second time around....
We came both times through an RCI connection and both times were treated wonderfully by everyone and were accomodated whenever possible with all of our requests....I cannot say it enough that the staff at windjammer from the top to the bottom convey verbally AND demonstrate through their actions a strong desire and genuine concern for their guests' satisfaction. Everyone went out of their way to accomodate...
We were reserved into a two bedroom two bath villa with a plunge pool. It was a lovely villa with three levels and the master bedroom upstairs and the second bedroom downstairs from the main level, but neither of the two bathrooms were on the main level. Because of and injury just before our trip, my wife had difficulty and pain climbing the stairs to use either of the bathrooms, so we requested a villa change....Heather and Beverly in the reservations department were so great and so helpful and took us around to see several available villas and actually ended up upgrading us to a beautiful villa with the bathrooms all on the same level.....We were SO VERY APPRECIATIVE!!.....Thanks also to Helen our ambassador, Dawn and Clary at the front desk, Ronny and Madaline in management and a BIG thank you to LAWRENCE our shuttle driver who went above and beyond and showed us such great kindness throughout our stay.
I cannot say enough about the incredible beauty of the resort and the island of St. Lucia in general....We have travelled to many beautiful places in the caribbean and the pacific, tropical islands and resorts, and Windjammer is the most beautiful.....What makes Windjammer unique among timeshare resorts is the fact that you have all the services of a fine hotel....Come on....here you have TWICE daily maid service including turn down service.....Show me that at a time share resort....you're lucky to get more than once a week maid service at most time share resorts!....Room service was wonderful and if you are on the all inclusive plan (optional for most guests....but I would highly recommend it as the a la carte charges are quite high) the room service charge was only about $7 US to deliver and set up your meal in your villa at your dining room table or on your deck at the table there....WOW!!!!....Needless to say with the INCREDIBLE VIEWS from our villa, the beauty all around and the low service charge for room service (the food for room service is included on the 'all inclusive plan') we had many meals right in our villa.....But we did eat at all of the restaurants for dinner at least two or three times each (Jammers, Upper Deck, Dragonfly and Papa Don's) and lunch at Jammers and Embers at least two times each....Breakfast buffet every morning (you could order off the menu or have breakfast room service) at Dragonfly was terrific!! The restaurants were all very good and the quality of the food was very good.....the beef was better than I've had at other all inclusive resorts and definitly better than in Mexico or Jamaica...No complaints at all about the food...
Didn't use the water sports this time but enjoyed them with our first visit in 2003.
Didn't use the pools as we had our own at the villa but they looked to be well kept up and very clean....Fewer kids at the pool by Popa Don's.....Only saw one wedding going on while we were there but no disruptions to us.....Time share people were pleasant and not high pressure.....
The Beach was very nice and very well kept up by the staff....Water was crystal clear....Not much surf and VERY CALM....Almost like a pool....but great for and safe for kids....Great bar/food service on the beach.
We did not find it much of a problem with insects/mosquitos etc....never used sprays or other measures and didn't feel we needed it....May just be the time of year....I like the open air concept but would have preferred screened in main areas for bird control when you're eating....Not hard to deal with though, once you get used to it.....AC in bedrooms worked well and was a must.....
It was just such a terrific and relaxing vacation with everything I was looking for: Privacy, Beauty, Peace and Quiet when I wanted it, Great Food, Good Value and MOST OF ALL WONDERFUL STAFF WHO TRULY CARED ABOUT THEIR GUESTS......"HAT'S OFF" to Windjammer Landing!!!!.....We have already booked our next return visit and can't wait to come back.
I could go on and on but hope this has been helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries