We knew we were in for a treat when we were picked up in a private van at the airport and took off with all of the Sandals people standing there watching us waiting for their shuttle! We went straight to the Windjammer, about 10 min ride. We were early, it was about 1 and check in wasn't until 3, so we waited in the lobby and had rum punch. When we got our villa, we were upgradded to a 2 bedroom (we originally had a 1 br with plunge pool). The plunge pool was great, any time we felt like cooling off we just jumped in. We were in villa 2, it is on the bottom row of villas near the end, so it was very private. The villa was beautiful, bed comfortable, nice furniture, the AC was fine. We did have some birds come in if we left the doors and windows open, but it was never a problem. The birds are cute and used to it, so they just fly around and don't freak out like a bird here (in VA) would. The beach was ok, we didn't spend a lot of time there. We went on the rainforest tour (GREAT!), the sunset pirate cruise (fun), and the Jammers day sail. We did their little hour long repeat guest thing. It was worth the time to get the money off the tour. Otherwise, the tour would not have been worth the money. We also went snorkeling a few times in 2 different places near the resort. Their boat takes you out, it's about 5 min. They are doing some building, but we didn't find the noise to be a problem at all. The shuttle also was not a problem. We never had to wait for it, and made sure we were ready to go when we called because sometimes it showed up right away. We did the all inclusive meal plan, which we came out about even on but it was nice to not have to worry about money on our honeymoon. We loved Jammer's Bar for lunch, and the Upper Deck and the Dragonfly for dinner. Papa Don's was ok, but nothing spectacular. We can get food like that at home. Room service was fine, we ordered up a couple times. We flew back out of Castaries, the drive was about 2 hours and very beautiful.
On the tours we got a chance to talk to some other people, mostly from the Sandals. We were very glad we didn't stay there. Windjammer is quiet and a great place to be if you want to just hang out and listen to music and kick back. There isn't a lot of "nightlife" other than live music at Jammer's, but that wasn't something we wanted. The family friendly atmosphere really made it a very enjoyable place to be. We loved our week there and would gladly go back, but first we have some other places we want to visit! I would definitely recommend it if you want somewhere quiet and relaxing. We really had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries