“Great place for a wedding reception”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Attended/worked a wedding here. Incredible view of the island from most of the rooms.

Great size for a 1 bed room, including a full kitchen and hot tub on the balcony.

The staff is incredible! Always helpful and informative. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: A room facing the island into the ocean is incredible at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank oblivi
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Hello oblivi

Thank you for your review and many thanks for the lovely comments! Come back as soon as you can; we would be happy to welcome you! If you need any help in planning your trip, I am at your disposal.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the WJL for our honeymoon for two weeks from July 15 - July 30. There were highlights and lowlights but overall, now that we've been back for a month, all that stands out in our mind is how much fun we had.

I'll start with the low, just to get it out of the way. The service. Not the worst we've had in the Caribbean and quite possibly even the best we've had in the Caribbean. That being said, it's a cultural thing. I live on US time so for lunch to take almost 3 hours because our server is standing at the bar chatting and I'm missing out on precious beach time...big miss. Same for dinner and breakfast. There were times we waited over 30 minutes for water and times we didn't have a desert menu by 11pm, which was 1am by our normal schedule. But this wasn't a constant problem but definitely a reoccurring one. Also, If you don't want the buffet for breakfast and order off the menu (which was the only way to get a bagel with lox or eggs benny) then be prepared for a 45 minute wait for your poached eggs. The only other down side was maybe bugs in the room but we were in a rain forest so I can't fault the resort for this.

The positives: The resort staff was always friendly. We were stuck on the tarmac in Miami for an hour and a half before taking off and arrived to find that our luggage was still in Miami. And then had an hour and a half drive to the resort...we were a little grumpy. But Essie and Lawrence were amazing. Even though we were almost 3 hours late for our check in, they had watched our flight schedule and were still waiting for us. I thought that if I don't get my rum punch and cold towel now I might cry, but both were there waiting for us. THANK YOU! Such a little thing meant so much. Next was the crowd at the Windjammer. We made so many friends, and we are pretty "keep to yourself" quiet people. It was a great mix of regulars, families, and honeymooners that you really felt like you were at a club style resort instead of just a holiday. We hope to run into many of these people again in the world. We also rented a car and visited several resorts for lunch while on the island and no other resort had the same feel as the Windjammer. After our boat trip to Martinique (separate excursion), we took a bus back to the hotel with a group of other couples mostly staying at the Sandals and we were dropped off first due to location, but the ooohs and ahhhs coming from the rest of the group made us feel really good about our resort choice. And, after such a long tiring day, we were greeted out of the van again by Lawrence who knew our name and asked about our adventure. I bet they didn't get the same treatment at the Sandals which house a thousand people at a time. We never had to fight for a lounger on the beach, the water sports team were great, the food was always tasty even though we had to wait for it. One tip: always order your steak a temp under what you prefer. When it rained they had rainy day activities set up like bingo. The drinks were pretty much anything you wanted and however you wanted them (I like my mimosas with a splash of OJ). The "serenity spa" gave us a great massage but St. Lucians are loud and proud so though a great massage, not much serenity. Dianna gave me a great mani/pedi before I flew out. Pamela is so sweet and you have to go see these ladies!

Overall, we hope to return with a family some day. Beautiful resort, close to other shopping and dining and for the price, totally worth it.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs for the tree frogs!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colorado_travel_bug1
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family of 4 had a wonderful villa (no 50) set into the hill, and the resort delivered all that was advertised. My kids are 17 and 11 yrs old and had a great time socialising with others of their age enjoying all the watersports. It was all so easy and effortless. All of the resort's staff were cheerful and helpful. The restaurants were easy to book and supplied wonderful food and ambience. However, we went first 2 weeks in August and this St Lucia's mosquito season. The resort try very hard to eradicate all biting insects but I would definitely take some medication/preventative in your suitcase that works for you. It can also be bought at the resort. Just assume that you will be bitten. the resort will supply mosquito nets for all beds. The holiday was worth the money and we would go back. Our house keeper, Christianna, is a lovely woman and looked after us very well. Shopping can be paid for in Easton Caribbean (EC) or US dollars, but if you pay in US money your change will be in EC money.

Room Tip: Villas and rooms near to pool restaurant area are likely to be subject to entertainment noise, but t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank MartinYorkie
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear MartinYorkie

Thank you for your review! I am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful time with us! Thank you so much for complimenting our staff. It would be lovely if you can return one day soon with your family to chillax with us; we would love to welcome you back. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited back in 2012 and still talk about the Windjammer experience. From the moment we arrived the service/staff were so helpful. Our villa was absolutely gorgeous with views over the water, and we really didn't want to leave it. Our little pool was an added luxury. Yes, you couldn't always get into the restaurant of your choice, but the meals are great. We had breakfast thrown in the package and it was brilliant loads of it and good variety. As keen swimmers, it was disappointing swimming was restricted to a relatively small area for our own protection, but the water was so inviting, clean and warm. Just be aware, if you get a villa at the top of the complex, you need to get the shuttle bus back and forth which can take a little time. However, just remember you're on holiday, time is on your side. Relax and enjoy the ride. We'd definitely go back there again - thanks Windjammer for such wonderful memories.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jill W

Hello Jill W

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I feel so happy knowing that you had wonderful memories of our beautiful Resort! We would love to welcome you back one day soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Windjammer and it was wonderful. We arrived in the middle of the night and the service was excellent even then. They got us a beverage while we checked in and then drove us up to our villa. Upon entering the villa we were stunned, it was beautiful. Large balcony with a view of the ocean, huge kitchen, living room, really nice bathroom, and master bedroom (which also had access to the balcony). On the bed upon arrival was two robes for us and a welcome message laid out in local flowers.

We had no children at this time but we could see that this was a very kid friendly environment. There was a teen club and a children's club with lots of activities. My wife and I look forward to going back some day with our two children.

The service was excellent, lots of activities for couples and families complementary and also day trips that cost a little more. We did a catamaran day trip that was awesome. Also the hotel at the time of our booking offered a complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival for our honeymoon, but they had changed their policy since then and the champagne was not there. We called and asked about this, it was no problem and they sent up two bottles as a apology.

We did two of the sunset champagne walk and it was really nice, but the funny part was that we were the only ones that showed up so we ended up having a private walk with our guide and a full bottle of champagne to split with ourselves both times.

The food at Windjammers was excellent. I think we hit all the restaurants and they were all very good. The Italian style restaurant that is located up the hill closer to the villas was very good, but the funny part was the power went out right when we sat down for dinner. The staff brought out candles, and the ovens\burners were still working because they were gas. So we had a romantic dinner by candlelight and the staff and food was great even though the electricity was out.

We also got a gift from one of our friends for a couples message at the spa. It was fantastic. Very relaxing, very good message and complimentary beverages after to just relax.

This review is getting long and I have not even touched on a quarter of the things we did and enjoyed, but I will say that this was a excellent honeymoon with no regrets and we will be going back with our kids someday. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Derek S

Hello Derek S

Congratulations on your honeymoon! I am glad you chose to celebrate it with us! Thank you for taking time to write a review and for your positive comments.It will be such a pleasure to welcome you back and with the kids this time. I will be happy to help you with planning the trip whenever you are ready!

All the best to you and your family,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and had a great time. We got a 1 bedroom villa and loved having our own kitchen. The units aren't brand new (which seems to bother some reviewers) but they are clean and nice. We loved that the whole living room wall opens up to the deck. Makes the place twice as big. The bedroom has A/C, which made for a great night's sleep. We didn't do all-inclusive and brought some of our own groceries to cook-in some meals. Ate at Jammers twice and Papa Don's once. Both were okay. Nothing spectacular, but the food was fine. The pool areas were nice and well-kept. The gym was small but worked, and I heard they're building a new facility that will be an improvement to that. I visited the spa and the spa staff were SO NICE and very good. My massages were fabulous! Get Gale or Diana if you can :)

Overall, I really enjoyed it here. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a laid-back vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear lulaholly

Thank you for your review. I do agree that the Spa staff are indeed very good. It will inform Gale and Diana of your kind mention. I'm glad you had a great time with us overall.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

2nd trip to St Lucia, 1st to Windjammer. Room was upgraded (nice surprise)wonderful room, brilliant air con, double shower, hairdryer,iron and ironing board, fridge, huge tv, sofa, arm chair, table, roof terrace.. Beautiful location,i counted 6 pools so none are ever over crowded, beautiful beach, hammocks, well maintained property and gardens, friendly staff ( except gift shop where attitudes sucks) anything needed then the reception staff will get it sorted fast.Great security as well. We chose to pay for our drinks and meals when purchased rather then run up a huge bill. Please check your bill at the end of your stay as despite us paying we had a bill for just over £100 given to us and once queried was told that the bill was for another room and an accident.We went on the Windjammer day boat trip. It may seem expensive outlay but its a fantastic day out. We even got to see lots of dolphins!!! Id recommend this hotel for a vacation and will most definatly staying here on my next trip to st Lucia.

Room Tip: The shuttle service that runs 24/7 means all the rooms are accessable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie D

Hello Julie D

Thank you for your review. We do have a great Resort and it was a pleasure to share it with you! I am sorry that you were not happy with the staff in the gift shop, but I am happy that overall you found our staff to be friendly. Yes, we do have fantastic security, thank you for recognizing that! It is nice to know that you will be staying with us on your next trip to our island; we would be happy to help you plan it when you are ready. By the way, I am glad you loved your room....a nice surprise indeed!

We hope to welcome you soon!

Best wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!