“Magnificent place to stay and would return.”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our wedding, 7/26/14. I can't say enough about this place. We and our guests have been talking about this resort since we all got home. I look at our pictures in pure awe!! The stay was great and the wedding services were absolutely amazing, thank you to Lynn Joseph for making everything so easy.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear SPJohnson14

Congratulations on you wedding! Many thanks for writing this review! I am so happy that you had an amazing wedding; Lynn is terrific for sure! We would love for you to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us! Please return one day when you can.

Wishing you the very best,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,764)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a 2 week holiday at Windjammer July 2014.
We had a great family holiday with our teenagers and were in an Estates villa which was superb
Most of the staff were excellent, especially Ronette (Upper Deck), Andre (PDons), Giselle (embers) and Arlington (shuttle)
All of the restaurants were very good but we mostly used papa Dons and upper Deck in the evenings. During the day we used windjammers and Embers which are both on the beach with great food
The beach was sandy and you could see some fish from snorkeling. The water sports were very good but you had to pay for lessons
Downsides were construction noise on the beach, poor spa facilities (although the spa staff were great), poor quality tennis courts, and not too much to do after dinner
For a day day trip I'd recommend captain Dell and his team, especially Dave

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank barrington594
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at Windjammer Landing. Where to start in describing how fantastic it was? Hands down the best family resort we could have asked for: delicious, consistent food (we were on premium all inclusive)...clean beach and pool, a variety of activities for all age ranges, perfect suite villa with stupendous view (we were in villa 138, 1 bedroom with kitchen)...and the staff, in all capacities were friendly, courteous, engaged. So some standouts:

Concierge and front desk: efficient and all knowing, they take care of every need with a calm and happy demeanour

Dining: we ate everywhere but Embers, just because our plans never took us there...Papa Don's team you are the best, and made our daughter's 9th birthday so special.

Child care: Nanny Jacqueline was a pro, and our kids (9 and 5 1/2) were asking to go to the kids club all on their own. With other families at the resort it was easy to make friends.

Activities: we did the Jammer's cruise to Soufriere. Amazing day...just the right amount of touring, the kids were into the whole day...fun return sail as everyone let their hair down led by the great boat staff.

Other: driver Gus helped us through some banking in Castries and shopping at the Duty Free mall (VISA and MC only).

Some tips: get towels early in the day...they go fast and takes time to restock. Reserve dinners when you check in. Restaurants book up quickly. Have a good stock of EC in your wallet for tipping (front desk can only do $50 US advances per day). The pools up at Hibiscus complex are quiet and offer a beautiful view of the bay. Piña Coladas are just just just delicious.

We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Mamabenny

Hello Mamabenny

Wow! It is terrific to know that you spent your first family vacation to the Caribbean in St. Lucia and even better to know that you chose to spend it with us! We feel absolutely honoured! By the way, thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed yourself with us.

Thank you for very positive comments about our staff! We have a great team and most of our repeat guests say the friendliness of our staff is the number one reason they return. Thank you, too, for the comments about Nanny Jacqueline and Gus - I'll pass them along to him. We hope you and your family return sometime soon. I am at your disposal if you need any information or help in planning your trip.

All the best to you and your family,

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here from June 28-July 5
Our thanks to Lloyd and Ricky for finally getting us into the room we had originally booked. We did not do the all inclusive so it was imperative that we got a room wit ha kitchen as we had planned wit hour travel agent. It appears that something happened from when we booked our room with our travel agent in January til when we arrived. She made arrangements through gogo for wind jammer and they gave us a room without a kitchen and that was not our plan. It took a day but Lloyd and Ricky did what they had to do in order to get us in the correct room. They went out of their way to make this vacation nothing but relaxing and each time we saw them throughout our stay they made sure to ask how our room was and how we were enjoying the resort.
We both have food allergies and ate at jammers twice and at papa dons the rest of the nights. Both places cooked to our asking. I must point out that June at papa dons was especially attentive to out needs and made sure our food was cooked so we could eat it. She and the staff there went out of their way each night to make sure we well taken care of. They even got to know what we ate and how we liked it to make ordering even easier.They all remembered us as the couple in room 134

Room was excellent. Spacious with all the amenities needed to enjoy your stay. Kitchen had everything you needed to make yourself at home. We were able to go to the local supermarket in Rodney bay to get enough supplies for breakfast and lunch for the week. We ate dinner on the resort at jammers and papa dons. The market on the resort has ample supplies for anything you forgot at the market or needed more of. For us, it was much less expensive for eating this way instead of the all inclusive. We are not big drinkers so we would not have taken full advantage of the all inclusive plan.
We rented a car near the airport and thought it would be a nice way to see the island according to what we heard from other travelers. Well it was not as nice as we had envisioned. Driving on the opposite side of the car was a challenge especially when you go to turn on the blinker and keep turning on the wipers instead. You would think I would get the hand of that after the first 20 times but no. The passenger on the other hand had a more difficult time as she kept thinking I was driving off the road because she is not used to riding on the left side of the road, not that I was any better at driving on the left side but I was attentive to keeping the car as close to the center of the lane at all tines contrary to what she says.
We wanted to go to Marigot bay after seeing photos of it, well we should have known after telling one if the girls at the front desk of our plans she made a face. We went anyway. Well, the face should have explained it. What a ride. Wipers going on and off the whole way and the bruises on my left arm from my wife holding on really made a memorable ride. Read more about Marigot bay on our review of Doolittle's. Anyway, we decided to park the car at the resort and just stay there and relax.
Thank you to all at the Windjammer Landing for making our vacation enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Hi-Tech_RI

Thank you so much taking time to write this review! I am happy that you had a great and relaxing holiday in St. Lucia and you enjoyed our beautiful Resort. It is lovely of you to mention Lloyd, Ricky, June and the staff at Papa Don's; I will inform them of your kind mention. Please recommend us to your family and friends. Perhaps you can visit again one day? It will be a pleasure to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our second trip to both St Lucia and Windjammer and we have fallen in love with both.......the people on the island are fabulous and the staff of Windjammer brilliant. We were made welcome (again) as soon as we got to the resort and had an excellent holiday. The villa's are great with breath-taking views and the daily housekeeping is excellent too......all the staff we have met are wonderful and we have mad a number of friends in the resort. In the last two years the management have carried out a number of renovations and modernisations and the resort, in my opinion, continues to improve year on year........I know that their plans for 2014 and 2015 involve lots of continued development and this only bodes well for the future.

We have already booked for next year and look forward to returning very much indeed.

Room Tip: all rooms are great but the "estate villas" are very special indeed
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Guy M
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Hello Guy M

Thank you for coming back to Windjammer Landing! We know that there many travel options available and when guests like you choose to return to our terrific Resort, it is a real honour. Thank you for taking time to write this review. I am happy that the second time around you had another excellent holiday! I appreciate your kind mention about our staff; we are so fortunate to have such a great team. We look forward to your return in 2015. If you have any special requests, please let me know; it will be my absolute pleasure to help you.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I last reviewed WJL in 2007 but have been back every year since then, and for good reason, we invested in a timeshare ! Probably one of the best investments we ever made.
Not only does Windjammer continue to impress but every year there is a new improvement or facility to enjoy, this year Upper Deck restaurant was the best ever place to eat and there were additional boats to sail and paddle-boards at watersports. The Mini-Mart was also extended but seemed to offer about the same range of groceries.
Whilst we were there new development was taking place for the new Spa/gym facility, bit noisy on the beach but not too bad.
Not much more to say that i didnt say in my previous review, if you are going to St Lucia, stay at Windjammer, there is no other place like it !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoom6562
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Zoom6562

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy that you know "we are the best of the best in the Caribbean'! We continue to make improvements and upgrades as that is the only way to get better and to make you happier with each visit! If there is anything I can do help you on your next visit please let me know; I will be happy to assist you..

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went for my wedding, my husband-to-be said it was a holiday, with a wedding taking place for a few hours, apart from our mothers, that is what was latched upon by all.
Check-in was a bit hectic and not well controlled, then again, if you are offering rum punches and a cold towel upon arrival to 30 guests, then the majority of them walk off and base themselves at the rum punch station mixing their own, whilst others head out to the beach, what is to be expected?
Just to help the bonding process of those guests who were meeting for the 1st time on this trip, I felt compelled to join them and leave the staff to do what they deemed best. We were all checked-in after about an hour and a half, very happy and ready for the barbeque taking place that night.
I wanted a beach wedding and considered Windjammer Landings as my wedding venue because "HE" had been before, said it was a nice friendly place with good food and the guests would enjoy what they had to offer. I chose it because of the on-line reviews, the wedding packages available, the information, advise and compromises offered when speaking directly to the Wedding planners Mel and Lynn.
The service and attention to detail from start to finish, provided by Mel and Lynn, was exceptional, all their recommendations were spot on and my.... our personal additions were catered for at short notice.
The beach area for the wedding ceremony was perfectly set out, the transfer of guests was without issues, those conducting the marriage were professional and relaxed and became a part of the event, even when "HE" wanted to play the fool.
The reception location (Embers) was beautifully decorated, the food of excellent quality and quantity, as was the drinks and entertainment.
Mel and Lynn stayed throughout the event which could not have been any better, unless, they had a portfolio of available St Lucian men to top the man I married.
I would highly recommend Windjammer Landings for any wedding requirements.
As for the holiday...
The staff could not do enough for you and many have become friends, all 30 guests would have their own story to tell.
Kershara on reception, averted every problem that might have occurred, caused by HIM. His credit card did not work, (failed to tell the bank he was going abroad... idiot), she sorted it, changed apartments 3 times, to spend time with friends he was seeing every day, she checked him out and in each time, .. why?
Kershara, the credit card is now mine, the bill is his, I will be back to spend time with you and the team, get planning.
We had an 8 year old girl (Bella), who loves mangoes, but had only had ones from the supermarket and wanted to see and pick one from a tree.
Mel and the gardeners sort out a suitable on-site tree with large fruits on it and allowed her to pick her own, she was overjoyed and said they were the best mangoes she has ever tasted.
There were 1st timers in the Caribbean, that queried the types of fruits that were growing on various trees, the staff picked and distributed what was available and edible for tasting and explained what they were for, some of which were cooked for them, along with fish some of the men caught, all free of charge, where else would you find that?
On the flight back to London, apparently plans were being made by all to return to Windjammer Landings St Lucia... I would live on the resort, it was that good.
I would also like to give a big thank you to Heather and her colleagues in the Private Residence Club, for the complementary 3 nights in a secluded apartment away from HIS friends, after the wedding.
We went onto a supposedly top of the range venue, on another Island for the 2nd part of the honeymoon, then to stay with friends, the name of this venue is known throughout the world, the facilities and food was disappointing, and did not compete with Windjammer on this occasion.

Room Tip: Check the bill as they can get mixed up, but are always corrected without issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angie191

Dear Angie191

Congratulations to you and your husband! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a terrific review. It is always wonderful to know when people like you enjoyed our Resort; it makes us so happy! Mel and Lynn are undoubtedly the best Wedding Specialists ever! I will tell them of you mention and I will tell Kershara too; she is a gem! I am glad that Bella had a wonderful introduction to our Caribbean fruits.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our lovely Resort. I would love to assist you when you are planning your return trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Villa Beach Cottages
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!